Archinect
anchor

Why doesn't W=24 in this ARE question example?

tacobellnegi

If W =24 then answer D is correct. What am I missing here?

Jun 4, 20 12:26 pm

Check the errata

Jun 4, 20 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

the answer is 42.  trick question

Jun 4, 20 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Yep, just confirmed in my study notes and my old emails ... I reported this error to PPI back in 2016. 

Email:

Let me guess, you're studying from a first printing of PPI's ARE 5 Review Manual? Lots of issues with the first edition. I actually got them to give me a 50% discount on the practice problems because I complained about all the errors in the Review Manual and had been reporting so many of them. I figured if they weren't going to pay someone to properly proofread, they could "pay" me instead.

Jun 4, 20 1:59 pm  · 
1  · 
tacobellnegi

Thank you! I thought it was some type of trick question. Your reply is much appreciated.

Jun 4, 20 2:40 pm  · 
 · 

You'll continue to be frustrated by that edition if you haven't already updated your copy per the errata. 

In the span of about 5 weeks I personally reported and received responses on 22 issues in the one division. After that, I stopped reporting the errors because I was wasting my study time fixing their issues. It was good practice and study time to discover and research the issues, but I didn't want to spend more time reporting them.

Jun 4, 20 2:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: