Archinect
anchor

Architecture elements in Interior Desing: legal issues

Wikk

Hello!

I am currently a student of Interior Design. I would like to ask you, as this is an architectural forum: What is the boundary of Interior Design? All of my professors are licensed architects and/or engineers... Of course a theoretical knowledge of architecture elements is crucial in Interior Design but can they legally require designing elements which, in real life are reserved just for licensed architects and engineers in Interior Design program? 

Jun 10, 18 11:57 am
Non Sequitur
I find the thought of engineers picking colours hilarious.
Jun 10, 18 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

Your question seems to be whether professors can require students in an interior design program to design architectural elements in academic projects?  Yes, of course they can.  There are no laws regarding what can be taught in an academic interior design program.  If you're unhappy with the makeup of the faculty and/or with the curriculum then you might consider transferring to a different program.

Jun 10, 18 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Wikk

Thank you for your answer but it is not a matter of somebody being happy or unhappy...  This is a serious question and the fact, as you mentioned, there are no clear regulations, makes it even more confusing. 

Architecture has numerous law restrictions and my question is  about legal issues of coming into architectural and engineering field in Interior Design. 

Did anyone know where are the law boundaries between these fields? 

Jun 10, 18 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Are you simply upset that architects and engineers are teaching in an int des program? If that’s the case, count yourself lucky. Second to this, please note that an architect can provide int des services while an int des cannot do architecture.

Jun 10, 18 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
Steeplechase

So you’re concern is that your required coursework is illegal? Academic exercises aren’t going to be covered by such laws, and practice laws vary by jurisdiction.

Jun 10, 18 10:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: