Archinect
anchor

W is for Winner

ArchAngel

Jan 20, 05 9:36 am
RqTecT

I hope that's a nuclear bomb going off in Washington.

Jan 20, 05 9:42 am  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

I bet you do. Nice Comment - hopefully the department of Homeland security thinks you're joking.

Jan 20, 05 9:48 am  · 
 · 
J3

Actually...
I just got to work...barely. For those of you who don't have to deal with this sh!t directly, try commuting to work with metro stations/trains full to capacity with "Bush suporters". It's sickening. There's so many of them! of course they are all (at least the ones on the trains) retards. A 10 min. commute turned into a 40min one, since the "tourists" tend to gather at the doors, not letting anyone in/out. Hope they all rott in...
Sorry for the rant, it's been Hell this morning.

Jan 20, 05 9:50 am  · 
 · 
nicomachean

hehe...well for those that believe in Darwin's "survival of the fittest", just realize that all those "Bush supporters" are growing and eventually will overwhelm you, leading to the extinction of some....awe, isn't Darwin cruel?

Jan 20, 05 10:00 am  · 
 · 
J3

Bush supporters don't believe in Darwin's Throries...Hail JESUS! so where does that leave them? at the top of the temple? while I decompose and my energy gets scattered back into the Universe.

Jan 20, 05 10:22 am  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

I belive in evolution, completely...and I'm a bush supporter.
Be open-minded, not everyone who supports bush is a religious person.
You're generalizing.

Jan 20, 05 10:27 am  · 
 · 

While 'W is for winner' is very clever, W is also for wacky, wily, wanton, whiner, warmonger, warlock, worm, warped, wart, weakminded, worst-case, witless, widowmaker, and wrong.

Jan 20, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 
CJarch

don't want to turn this into another right vs left thread, but if anyone in archinect has been guilty of generalizing it's you archangel. not all right wingers are bible thumping hill billies or trustfund babies and not all lefties are tree hugging environazis. and for godsake please no more ann coulter.

Jan 20, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

You forgot Ward

Jan 20, 05 10:54 am  · 
 · 

I DID leave out Ward!

Goes to further show how meaningless the slogan really is, since I didn't win a thing. Of course, meaningless slogans are the common currency of this administration, so...

Jan 20, 05 11:03 am  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Yet you included Whiner.....

Jan 20, 05 11:08 am  · 
 · 
Ted Rzad

You forgot Wiener, too....

Jan 20, 05 11:14 am  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Wonderful

Jan 20, 05 11:17 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

WUSS

Jan 20, 05 11:21 am  · 
 · 
nicomachean

Wise, Wicked Genius

Jan 20, 05 11:22 am  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Willing

Jan 20, 05 11:24 am  · 
 · 
whistler

Why The Fuck is he spending 40 million dollars on a party for showing up to work another 4 yrs. When he could have made a major step forward on the world credibility scale by donating those funds to Tsunami Relief.

Major missed opportunity to do the right thing. Instead he will party with "The Mores, The Have Mores and The Want Mores".

Jan 20, 05 11:44 am  · 
 · 
Artful Dodger

wanker.

Jan 20, 05 11:45 am  · 
 · 
simples

maybe the 40million came from the tsunami relief...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=4&u=/ap/20050120/ap_on_re_as/tsunami

Jan 20, 05 11:47 am  · 
 · 
ArchAngel
whistler
Jan 20, 05 11:50 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

WOUDNING

WRONG

we could go on all day, or at least half of it! i do hope for the best in the coming presidential term and hope that Bush's policies don't leave scars to big to heal for future generations. everything is a learning and growing experience, and there was no ideal candidate so we should all do the best with what we have. Again, local government is the best way for us non-bush fans to implement change.

Jan 20, 05 11:53 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

that's supposed to be WOUNDING

Jan 20, 05 11:54 am  · 
 · 
Mason White
W is for W²

It is puzzling that if you add X (no exit strategy) to Y (Why are we there?) you get W²: George Bush's second inauguration.

Jan 20, 05 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

i think i may actually hate ann coulter, its such a strong word, but if i were to ever see her get hit by a car or mauled by a mountain lion, i dont think it would make me sad.

Jan 20, 05 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
A

While Coulter isn't my favorite mouth peice of the right that article AA linked has a very good point. All the whining about what this inauguration is costing isn't being put into context of anything. Sure $40M is a lot of cash but is only a meager drop in the bucket of what could be considered wasted cash in our pop culture society.

I don't think having no celebration and taking that $40M and giving it to the tsunami effort would have any real effect in global opinion. Let Bush have his day. I'm sure if Kerry were elected he'd have is celebration and the republicans would be whining about how much it is costing. The R or D behind their names is only the team while they both play the same game.

Jan 20, 05 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

its the most expensive in history that's why there is so much hoopla.

Jan 20, 05 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Union Wages....

Jan 20, 05 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
JG

Does anyone have that link showing how the national budget is mapped out? I think it was on here last week perhaps.

Also, interesting article on the next four years in the VV this week.

http://villagevoice.com/news/0503,perlstein,60130,6.html

Jan 20, 05 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Crumpets

I don't think using Ann Coulter as a definitive source of journalism is a good idea.

Jan 20, 05 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel
Actually Less Than Clintons!

And That was in 1992 when the economy Sucked!
Figure in 12 years of inflation relative to other markets, and clinton spent nearly 60 million 2005 dollars!
Wrong Again!

Jan 20, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

More than half of the $25.5 million raised so far for inaugural festivities came from 54 individuals or companies who gave $250,000 (the cap set by the committee); another $10 million came from others who donated $100,000 or more to the committee.

Corporate donors include Microsoft, Exxon, Anheuser-Busch, AT&T, Ford, Lockheed Martin, Marriott, Pepsi, Boeing, Coca-Cola, Home Depot, Time Warner, Toyota, and Northrop Grumman, to name just a few. Individuals include some of America's top executives, such as banana king Carl Lindner, owner of the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. "I believe this is the greatest country in the world," says Lindner. "We have the opportunity to elect our president, and the inauguration is a celebration of our democracy."

the top donorers are Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin,
United Technologies Corp, Pfizer, Exxon Mobil Corp., Occidental Petroleum Corp., ChevronTexaco Corp., Enron President Richard Kinder of Houston; Dell computer founder Michael Dell of Austin, Texas; United Technologies Corp.; Stephens Group Inc., an investment firm in Little Rock, Ark.; and Sallie Mae Inc., and my favor Altria Corporate Services Inc.

Jan 20, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Sorry - 1997. Consumer price index puts 42 million equal to 49 million 2004 dollars. My bad.

Jan 20, 05 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

Comparison

President Bill Clinton raised and spent $33 million for his inauguration in January 1993 and $23.7 million for his second swearing-in in 1997. In 1993, President Bill Clinton's inaugural committee spent $33 million, raised primarily from souvenir and ticket sales!

Jan 20, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Soros could have spent his 18 million more wisely, too. Think of the money blown on the Kerry campaign - something like 650 million....could have saved alot of lives in lieu of a pipe dream Liberal candidacy.

Jan 20, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Sullivan.DJ

ArchAngel, You directly benefit from what the unions have done for the past 100 years. It's hypocritical to criticize unions while enjoying your salary, benefits and employment safeguards.

Jan 20, 05 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
Crumpets

So, the economy doesn't suck now? How big is our deficit again?

Jan 20, 05 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
RqTecT

Ok Sorry... what I wrote Came out wRong.
I think Congress will keep Bush in check anyway.
GOD SAVE US ALL.

Jan 20, 05 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

there is more packaging than food.
that would be my description of w bush, without even getting into the issues.
he would be the lemon in the picture above.

Jan 20, 05 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

And Kerry would be the pit in the avacado - no nutritional value.

Jan 20, 05 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

so does that $40 million price tag include the $12 million the city of DC had to fork over for security? because really, that pushes the total to 52 million if it doesn't. no hazmat suits for DC-woot woot!

Jan 20, 05 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Inclusive

Jan 20, 05 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

that lemon is rotten, right?

Jan 20, 05 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

You can use a little Vitamin "C"

Jan 20, 05 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

or I guess you could describe a lemon as "tough but useless", sounds like W to me!

Jan 20, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

On second thought, Kerry is the slimy bag.
Bush is the avacado Seed, Planted for future abundance and growth.

Jan 20, 05 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush
Bush is the avacado Seed, Planted for future abundance and growth.

unless you're not white.

Jan 20, 05 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

RACE CARD!

Jan 20, 05 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
A

I disagree that the hoopla has anything to do with the price tag.

It's partisian politics and nothing else. Like the football teams that will play this Sunday, everyone is trash talking the opponent.

Does anyone really think the Village Voice is any less biased that Ann Coulter is? They are nothing more than a cheer leader for the other side in this game.

Regardless who is in the white house or on capitol hill - they are not working for you and I. We all lose.

Jan 20, 05 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

ok, sorry.. unless you're not rich.. or christian, then, it's a big FUCK YOU..

Jan 20, 05 3:12 pm  · 
 · 

sorry I disagree,, A . Barbara Boxer's verbal slam against Condi at her confirmation was for you and I.

Jan 20, 05 3:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: