Archinect
anchor

EDAC or CDT or LEED AP?

ZoeNaq
Hey, I’m trying to decide which certification to get. Please let me know if there’s any that have been useful to your resume and helped get a better pay

Thank you!

Aug 30, 24 3:50 pm
Non Sequitur

I’ve never heard of the first 2 and LEED won’t really add any salary value unless you can chain it up with unique project experiences. 

Collecting letters does not really do much in the real world. 

Aug 30, 24 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

We're in healthcare and are fortunate to have one EDAC designer on staff. I think there's maybe 3 in the entire province but our provincial health authority really values it, and it says us apart on proposals. So it can have value, but not a life-changing amount by any means.

Aug 30, 24 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Drdocument

AP requires BDC first, hard! back in my day leed was a joke you got your AP if your company forked out the cash and took a test equivalent to GA, CSI CDT is for paper pushers that you can learn on your own over the years. Some people like a lot of acronyms at the end of their name if your company will pay for it get it.  

Sep 2, 24 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Is Leed still a thing. No one has asked me about in in about 8-10 years!!

Sep 3, 24 7:45 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

The last bit of respect I “had” for LEED accreditation vanished when sales rep started listing it as a certification when selling us green washed jive 10+ years ago.

Sep 4, 24 7:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: