Archinect
anchor

Permitted development

timrada

Hi Folk

I have a project, I need to demolish the existing extension and expand its garden, so which application should I make from the planning portal?

Ede

Sep 4, 24 12:23 pm

The "demolition by explosives" application

Sep 4, 24 12:29 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

There is literally only one answer to this question.

Sep 4, 24 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

And it's my answer ... demo by explosives. Don't believe what anyone else tells you

Sep 4, 24 12:33 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Sep 4, 24 12:34 pm  · 
 · 

Timrada, the real answer is hire an architect. The response you get will be completely different in every single jurisdiction.

Demolition Man is criminally underrated.

Sep 6, 24 12:40 pm  · 
1  · 

'A bunch of 40 year old virgins sitting around in kimonos singing I want to be an Oscar Myer wiener.'

Sep 6, 24 1:00 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Dr. Denis Leary is brilliant in there too.

Sep 6, 24 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

I don't know what jurisdiction you are in, but regardless, a few points:

1. When you demo the extension, you will need to enclose the building envelope somehow. This envelope closure will need a permit that is separate from a "demo permit". A demo permit, generally just means that you are removing something that you will not be putting back. Demo permits are usually applied for in order to fast-track the construction process. They are usually issued while a construction permit is being reviewed / processed. Whatever you are "putting back" should be permitted under a separate "construction permit". 

2. By removing the extension, you are affecting a few things:

a. Zoning Floor Area (FAR and Lot Coverage) and the revised stats should be documented in your permit documents. 

b. The garden expansion scope will need to include information about permeable vs. impermeable area. 

3. By expanding the garden, you will potentially be affecting the below-grade waterproofing of the existing foundations to remain. I'm not sure where this project is located, but you will also need to consider the freeze/thaw cycle of the climate zone if that is applicable for this project. 

Lots of unknowns. The fact that you posted this type of question (seemingly seriously) appears like you are very inexperienced with this sort of thing. On the other hand, if you were kidding, then I believe the above comments are good banter in response to your ridiculous question lol :) 

Sep 6, 24 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: