Archinect
anchor

Name that Architect and Building!!!

holz.box

no way, that's agps? damn. i am impressed.

something tells me i should have listened to mark a long time ago.

Sep 26, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
simples

phuyaka...that detail is so impressive is scary...it's amazing how complicated things can get when you are trying to achieve simplicity!
shigeru ban's, as HdM's projects, generally look much much better when built...

those architects who seem to live in the "magic" of reality, that impalpable quality of material, texture, space, light that computers can't grasp...renderings never seem to do them justice - i can't imagine the bruder klaus chapel by zumthor being captured in a rendering -

so, in regards to shigeru ban in chelsea, i will be cautiously optimisitc as well...

Sep 26, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
simples

as a hint, here is another image of the last posted building...

*atencao:do not look at the url address*

Sep 26, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

found it in a10#14

koko architects

fahle building, tallinn, estonia.

Sep 26, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
simples

yup...those proportions just sang the right note for me, so i decided to share here...their other projects did not impress me as much...

Sep 26, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

it's an interesting project. i had seen it before a few times. interesting that you ran across that whilst looking for the other.

alright. this was just recently finished...

it's suisse

Sep 26, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

damnit. i've seen this. very recently.

Sep 26, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, i stumbled across it looking for a different project. it was shortlisted for an architecture prize.

Sep 26, 07 6:14 pm  · 
 · 

gee, i am away for a half a day and alot happens here.
btw phuyaka that agps house (metal fabric ext curtains) you posted a while back definitely wasnt an old factory - it is in one of THE most expensive parts of zurich. what i found amazing is that it got planning approval in such an twee area full of lovely old chateaus. kudos to agps.

Sep 26, 07 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
dia

holz.box - damn you.
I have got no ideas on this one and I wasted quite a bit of time looking for it.
Another clue/s please?

Sep 27, 07 1:01 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

suuure.

the office is in ticino/tessin.
the skin is copper.

that might be more than enough!

Sep 27, 07 2:12 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Thats a beautiful copper textile skin. No clue though.

Sep 27, 07 5:14 am  · 
 · 
AP

Aldo Celoria?

Sep 27, 07 8:53 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

hey p2... you're right definitely not a refurbished factory (the layout doesn't suggest it at all). I looked up the article in detail mag on the building and I guess the steel curtains were made factory style on conveyor belts.. there was my confusion.

and holz.. still have no clue

Sep 27, 07 11:16 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

aldo's project is fascinating, but no, not aldo. i'll just post an easier once since even i had never heard of them...
Emanuele Saurwein, Dario Locher & Luca Mangione: Lands Architetture

Sep 27, 07 11:40 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

ok, next go:

Sep 27, 07 11:44 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

swiss as well...

Sep 27, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

before i take a stab at that new one holz... the reason I thought I saw the Lands project before was because it looks a lot like David Macullo's recent house:

Sep 27, 07 11:52 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

interesting project. i think the LANDS is more refined.

Sep 27, 07 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Man, where do you guys find these projects? They're amazing!

Sep 27, 07 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i can't speak for others, but when i was in school, i spent as much time in the library as i did sleeping.
i can't remember dates or facts but images are for the most part well organised in my brain

Sep 27, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 

i am a bit of an image/project junkie, i read alot of magazines, where i work its kinda part of my job to find/store/know of new projects.

as mentioned before - there is a shit load of good stuff out there, seeing it can make you either motivated or annoyed depending on your situation and location.

Sep 27, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
dia

When I was a student in Melbourne, I worked at an architecture book store, and had to read and/or review all of the books and magazines that came in.

Having said that, i finished that in 2003 so more recent stuff, and more obscure buildings I am not so well versed in. I also spent a shit load of time in the library.

Sep 27, 07 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
dia

and holz.box - didnt mean to give you a hard time mate - but I have a severe competitive/curiousity streak that can get quite frustrating...

Now, lets see if I can find the next one...

Sep 27, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

no worries, i'm the same way

Sep 27, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

and i'll drop another hint:
canton of Vaud

Sep 27, 07 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
evangelicalbunny

Dear Friends,

Just a reminder that even serious architecture threads still need Jesus.

With Love!

eb

Sep 27, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ok, for the sake of keeping the thread from dying, the previous was kindergarten prilly by Fournier Maccagnan

here's a lob:

Sep 27, 07 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Thanks holz.box - i assumed it was either a kindergarten or a surgery and was just looking for it.

The new posting is O'Donnell Toumey's Glucksman's Gallery in Cork.

Sep 28, 07 12:17 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah! that took all of 5 minutes.

i found the kindergarten while looking for the morger + degelo kindergarten in basel (m+d did 3 projects within a 5 block radius of each other) which isn't published anywhere i can find online. i'll upload some photos later, it's a great small project, and probably deserves to go in the small projects thread.

Sep 28, 07 12:38 am  · 
 · 

oooooo. i like that one. okay, yeah, and the copper skinned ones too. and...

Sep 28, 07 7:15 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

hey paul! why doesn't this thread have a red dot yet?

Sep 28, 07 9:41 am  · 
 · 
simples

diabase, you are up...let's keep the momentum going...

holz.box, there is some really beautiful projects at the fournier maccagnan webpage; thanks for the link!

Sep 28, 07 10:30 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

hey holz, is that morgan degelo kindergarten the small wooden one? If so I have some pictures of that on my other computer I took a couple years ago I can put on the small projects thread in a bit, great project but it's definitely aging

Sep 28, 07 10:36 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

phuyaka -
yes, it's the temporary wooden one. it is aging, but when i was in basel (2003-2004) it had a beautiful patina. i'll see if i have time to scan some slides at lunch today.

and re: fournier maccagnan, it's always nice to see obscure swiss firms no one knows about doing phenomenal projects. gives me hope, anyway! what would it be like to be the shitty firm in switzerland? even the more corporate firms i know of do interesting work and i'd probably kill to work there (metron, burckhardt+partner) is there even a callison/gensler/HOK/SOM of switzerland?

Sep 28, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

paging diabase...

Sep 28, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
dia
Sep 30, 07 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

ahhh...kinda local for me - this one diabase
Korteknie Stuhlmacher Architecten, mobile studio for artist. Leidsche Rijn, the netherlands.

Sep 30, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Bugger - you go for it.
Trying to find images that dont give away the architect or building in the title is proving hard...

Sep 30, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
dia

And p2an, you can nail me on european and australasian projects - no fair!

Sep 30, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

dia, unlike the US ones where i'm pretty vague, so good to see them.

okay, now MAD, if you're around you're get this in a flash, others i ain't so sure.

Sep 30, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

wow. white. japan? holl would be grooving on the phenomenal lens action.

how oh how i wish i could get my better half to yearn for white quite like i do. it

Sep 30, 07 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I am thinking Mexico. I think I have seen this before.

Sep 30, 07 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

it's a fernando romero, no?

Sep 30, 07 8:26 pm  · 
 · 

is it in Barcelona? And the curve looks old school - see the drip detail and dimples on the vertical walls. So I will say campo baeza or carlos ferrater

Sep 30, 07 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

aha, finally one i know!

it's the ixtapa house by fernando romero.

this interior image is pretty chief.

more images

Sep 30, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

good spot Cris! congrats

Sep 30, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

thanks techno.

it's about time, too!

the last one i knew was waaaaaaaay back on page 1.

this one's probably too easy, and you'll probably know it, but i can't think of anything else right now!

Sep 30, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 

enric miralles, Portugal

can't remember the name of the project though

Sep 30, 07 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

you've got the right nationality, but wrong architect.

Sep 30, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: