Archinect
anchor

Name that Architect and Building!!!

great - i only posted that because i love their name. for those that don't know - muf architects is an all women office based in london.

Sep 24, 07 7:04 am  · 
 · 

checking their website seems now they have 2 blokes working there - but that must be a fairly recent change.

Sep 24, 07 7:06 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hahahahahaha. (My gynecologist's name is Dr. Bush. I kid you not.)

That was quick, a-f!

Sep 24, 07 7:06 am  · 
 · 

LB - thats too funny!

Sep 24, 07 7:08 am  · 
 · 
a-f

This one might be too easy... let's hope holz.box is not on archinect today:

Sep 24, 07 7:34 am  · 
 · 

peter markli - house in grabs

Sep 24, 07 7:42 am  · 
 · 
a-f

yep, but I bet you were googling "concrete house with cantilevered balcony 20cm above the ground"

Sep 24, 07 7:46 am  · 
 · 

haha! well i am bit of markli fan - actually in nov i am off to switzerland again - hopefully i can visit his La Congiunta museum in Giornico.

Sep 24, 07 7:48 am  · 
 · 
a-f

Oh, you definately should - it's a quite extraordinary... anyway, you're next!

Sep 24, 07 7:54 am  · 
 · 
Sep 24, 07 8:26 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

lb you helped hoffman build the trellis bridge? he has some sweet drawings of those projects.

Sep 24, 07 10:24 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yeah, though its not as romantic as it sounds. Early mornings, very cold weather, and a long trip back to the studio if you had to pee.

It is a beautiful project, though. And aging wonderfully.

Sep 24, 07 10:34 am  · 
 · 

who but an architect could like diabase's 09/23/07 16:48 entry? i'm not saying i don't like it, but every now and then i get a glimpse into the non-architect world and ... whew!

Sep 24, 07 11:01 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

well i wouldn't imagine it would have been, unless dan went into one of his monologues; i just always wondered how much involvement cranbrook students really had in those projects. i imagine it would have been a great learning experience.

Sep 24, 07 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
simples

p2an...any hints on your 09/24/07 5:26 post?

Sep 25, 07 10:29 am  · 
 · 
Jr.

Yes, please, p2an. I've tried all the google searches I can think of...is it in Amsterdam?

Sep 25, 07 11:27 am  · 
 · 

well the office is based in stuttgart. this project was published in the australian mag Monument.
think they also got a spot in Wallpaper once.
but still quite unknown, as it seems.
i'll post the mystery office - soon.

Sep 25, 07 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

i didn't know the architect and the house but i discovered it by accident. totally beautiful...
well i am redeeming my coupons to post a building...

Sep 25, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

i love the shot of the older couple dancing - romantic to say the least.

Sep 25, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ahhh. i've seen this before.
it looks kinda bernd zimmermann-ish. but the copper has some oil-canning going on which leads me to believe it's probably someone junger.

Sep 25, 07 2:35 pm  · 
 · 

Orhan Ayyüce - that one with the couple dancing is Axel Ghyssaert, belgium architect. that is him dancing with his wife at their house just outside of Bruges.

Sep 25, 07 2:38 pm  · 
 · 

and since no-one knows the one i posted earlier here is another house house they did

Sep 25, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

ok, the stuttgart office i posted is
büro für architektur
the first one being an extension in Überlingen at Lake Constance.

and now for something completely different.

Sep 25, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 

p2an correct and knowledgable as usual. here are more pictures of Axel Ghyssaert house. i have to go back collecting more coupons to post again...

Sep 25, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 

p2an I've seen that on arketia i'm sure. I think its in Chile...fingers crossed by mathias klotz? Maybe Felipe Assadi more likely the latter

Sep 25, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 

axel is one cool dude.

Sep 25, 07 6:27 pm  · 
 · 

techno, sorry not chile - but you're in the correct hemisphere...

Sep 25, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

australia would have been my guess, but only cos p2an spent some time there or hails from said region and seems pretty knowledgeable on obscure projects there.

bfa has some really nice projects. this thread is going to force me to move back to germany.

Sep 25, 07 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
dia

p2an:

Gough House, Tasmania
Craig Rosevear Architects

Are you from the apple isle?

Sep 25, 07 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Here's the link to Rosevear Architects

Sep 25, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

bugger. diadase post an image, please

Sep 25, 07 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
dia
Sep 25, 07 8:24 pm  · 
 · 

i know that building - its by an irish firm; I know it is. But for the life of me I can't recall or find whom. I remember everything including that the patterns on the facade have a reference to the locale of the building. Ahh what is wrong with me?

Sep 25, 07 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
dia

not irish

Sep 25, 07 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

This is my favorite thread, ever. Except for maybe Dear Abra.

Sep 25, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 

"show us your map of tassie" - oops, that was supposed to be on the britney thread.

Sep 26, 07 2:35 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Nieto & Sobejano - Mérida Conference Hall.

Sep 26, 07 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

[bump]

here's the link to Nieto & Sobejano from above.

To keep things rolling, here's the next one:

Sep 26, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

whoa nice gate. portugal?

are those shutters wooden?

Sep 26, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
AP

nice indeed. the panels/shutters kinda sorta call this to mind:

Sep 26, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
simples

Orhan, the photos of Axel Ghyssaert/house were great...they made me smile, and i needed that today, thanks!

Sep 26, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

not shutters/panels actually, but layers of steel chainmail style curtains. check the view from the inside:

Sep 26, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ok.

i fucking quit.

i hate architecture.

gbcw.

Sep 26, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

yeah. i love the pix (keep 'em coming!) but this thread makes me feel stupid.

Sep 26, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

haha. apparently the building used to be a manufacturing plant, so the metal curtains are alluding to the steel conveyor belts that used to be there.

and it's not Portugal, but a little more swiss.

Sep 26, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

that grenada bank headquarters building's atrium up there is, umm, astounding.

Sep 26, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
simples

AP...you posted that Shigeru Ban /Chelsea building on the news a couple of days, ago?! i was a little disappointed with it...will wait to see it built...now, i will try to crack phuyaka's swiss remodeled manufacturing plant

Sep 26, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
simples

phuyaka...Hohenbühlstrasse, Zürich - AGPS.architecture...

Sep 26, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
simples

and next, i found this while looking for phuyaka's last entry...

Sep 26, 07 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

ah Simples you got it right as i was about to post another hint. i love that curtain system, and this intense facade detail:

as for Shigeru's project, i'm going to hold my tongue until i see some progress, but the bamboo construction fence on the site now is leaving me optimistic. did you see this rendering of the operable terrace window wall? I'm interested to see how that holds up.

Sep 26, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: