Archinect
anchor

Thump the Trump

x-jla

Davvid, wow.  I didn't realize only 9% voted in primaries.  Knew it was low but not that low. That's crazy. 

Oct 23, 16 11:05 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Anyway, we could fix this shit with 2 moves.  

1. Publically funded elections

2. Get rid of political parties and run candidates as individuals. 

Oct 23, 16 11:08 am  · 
 · 
Trump would have been perfect for the Know-Nothing party.
Oct 23, 16 11:42 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

davvid. nice stat. so obly 9% of the population cares that much about "identity".......there is more to that link about de facto public official, Hillary is beyond eager and Bill will get a half term.....

Oct 23, 16 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

https://youtu.be/O7VaXlMvAvk SNL Black Jeopardy skit

Oct 23, 16 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
davvid

"so obly 9% of the population cares that much about "identity"'

I don't know what you mean. 

Only 9% of the population voted for either Trump or Clinton. Doesn't every conscious person care about their identity? I feel like you are hinting at something but I can't be sure. Are you talking about racial identity? Gender identity? Party identity? 

Oct 23, 16 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
davvid

jla-x 

I agree that elections should be publicly funded. Donating to a political campaign should be considered bribery.

We could start by making all state primary elections into open primary elections where voters can participate regardless of they party affiliation. 

We should also lower the voting age to 16 and allow felons to vote.  

Oct 23, 16 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

NS posted a cartoon probably 3 pages ago that made it clear that US Presidential elections are "identity politics". what that stat tells me is that only 9% care so much about the identity of our "leader" they went through the effort of the primaries. These people project their imagination of the country onto all of us, when most of us ultimately are distracted by real life. the media take sthat 9% and makes it feel like 90%....the other 81% know whoever is president will make little difference? sure yoi may be conscious of your identity but what about the rest of us?

Oct 24, 16 7:44 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

could just vote for epic SNL skits for the next 4 years

Oct 24, 16 9:52 am  · 
 · 
davvid

"the media take sthat 9% and makes it feel like 90%....the other 81% know whoever is president will make little difference"

I agree with this. 

When the media uses that small group to draw conclusions about the entire population, it creates a distorted caricature image of the country.

The establishment in both parties was significantly undermined in this campaign. We're going to see more of that.

Oct 24, 16 11:23 am  · 
 · 
babs

A Trump loss is looking more likely each day ... but, let's not forget that this jackass (and the party that nominated him) needs to be humiliated at the polls.

It's important that the Donald be defeated by a huge margin  on November 8 so the GOP (and their many demagogue candidates-in-waiting) will pay attention to the damage they've done to our country. Maybe this will wake them up.

VOTE, even if it's inconvenient ... your vote does count.

Oct 24, 16 1:22 pm  · 
 · 

I read this the other day. It was written earlier this summer, but I think many of the points will still be valid on Nov 8.

5 Reasons Donald Trump Will Win

Oct 24, 16 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

probably i will change my mind  and go to the polls as i always do and vote for the green party candidate, as usual, these are the things i am struggling with.., pussy grabs, private servers, husband's dick, wife's diploma and so on. why should i participate in such shallow process?

Oct 24, 16 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
cadomestique

As shallow as it may seems,  there's so much as stake that you cannot  begin to comprehend the extent of it. 

To start, if Hillary wins there will be amnesty within the first year along with hordes of Syrian refugees by the millions (voting democrat) in a couple of generations the US will be practically done for.   Just few days ago Cuckanada stated that they are willing to accept up to half million refugees per year.  That's literally a social time bomb. We will never have another Trump again, this is your very last chance. 

Sadly it's not even the democucks' genial idea, they in turn are being played like a fiddle by the likes of George Soros and few other global elitists. 

I'm going to have one last good laugh at them when the country goes up in flames. 

Oct 24, 16 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

oh my god your spelling is atrocious cado.  cuckanada?  democucks?  is that how you communicate?

go ahead an use the googles to find a source for that 'millions' number you came up with. perhaps it's when she said about 10 to 65,000 in 2015?  once you've done your due diligence and found out your perception of reality is based on lies (pretty stupid ones at that), go ahead and visit hillaryclinton.com and donate.

or, go ahead and support trump.  it's a lot easier to lie to people, and i'm sure it makes you feel better too.

Oct 24, 16 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
cadomestique

Ha ha ha ha 

That's the level of retardation we have to deal with.  Obama himself  authorized 100,000 just 2-3 weeks ago.   Talking about out of touch with reality. 

Oct 24, 16 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

and do not forget the Electoral College. You may get the populist vote but the Electoral College may decide otherwise, especially if Trump were leading (or so one would predict).....https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_(United_States) so vote how you feel like a Frenchman does the first round, you do not really decide anyway..........

Oct 24, 16 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

100,000 is just like 10,000, but with an extra '0.'  just like 1,000,000 is just like 100,000, but with an extra '0.'

i'm pretty sure i'm not "bourgeoisie" won.  i don't even use capital letters because that's what the proletariat does on anonymous internet forums.  yet i'll still support a candidate who is willing to defend her country from foreign aggressors.  do you remember when republicans weren't such scared pussies that they felt they had to hide from the russians?

nah, just kidding.  republicans hid behind kennedys.

Oct 24, 16 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

do you remember when republicans weren't such scared pussies

Trumpian misogynist vulgarity, nice. But it's okay since you support Clinton. Got it.

Oct 24, 16 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram
won and done williams

pusillanimous

LOL!!!! curtkram, you're too much.

Oct 24, 16 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

when Trump says the system is rigged does he mean the Electoral College? (since its not really a populist vote). just brushed up on my social studies via wiki, it allears in 1872 both Arkansas and Louisianna electoral votes were rejected, if I read that correctly....

Oct 24, 16 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Trump just wanted to grab her pusillanimous. It was totally innocent.

Oct 24, 16 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
davvid

"I'm going to have one last good laugh at them when the country goes up in flames. "

^  troll, nihilist, traitor ^  

Oct 24, 16 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
babs

Colin Powell says he's endorsing, voting for Hillary Clinton

Oct 25, 16 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Out of curiosity, how do you Hillary supporters feel about her accepting money from nations that stone women for showing too much ankle?  

Oct 25, 16 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
digger

^ how do you feel about using their oil to operate your car and heat your home ?

Oct 25, 16 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Not the same thing.  Qatar and Saudi Arabia are some of the worst violators of human rights...but at least Hillary doesn't have a potty mouth like Trump...elections have become about manners and good bullshitting skills.  Much like the rest of our corporate culture...

Oct 25, 16 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

My house FYI is under the legal monopoly of a power company...another consequence of regulatory corporatism / crony capitalism.  Solar is making a big mark here though....and the fascists fought it tooth and nail to prevent competitive energy companies...

Oct 25, 16 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Stop being a pollyanna. Most of the undeveloped world has issues regarding women's rights. You don't stop dealing with them in order to get them to find the right path. Women in Saudi Arabia are now running for public office.

If you are looking for Jesus, they won't be coming here anytime soon.

I'd rather President Clinton take money, and actually know who was giving the money, than President Cannabis, who doesn't even know where Detroit is located.
Oct 25, 16 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Saudi Arabia is not a developing country.  They are a very wealthy country.  I'm always amazed how the so called left defends cultures that are the antithesis of liberal principles while simultaneously  railing against "white American males" who are light years more tolerant than the average Saudi.

Oct 25, 16 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Don't you see any hypocracy in Hillary basing her campaign on women's rights and trumps disrespect of women when that campaign is being funded by nations that believe a women who is raped should be stoned to death? Or that accept honor killing?  

Oct 25, 16 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

jla-x, you're being rational, give-up, these whacko political types are never rational.

Oct 25, 16 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

"cuck" is an alt-right slur.

Basically it means the person who uttered it won't be much missed if they vanish tomorrow.

Oct 25, 16 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
cadomestique

/\  /\     Oh no, of course we cannot have that cancer in this board !!  

We must join together to eradicate racism and embrace tolerance, acceptance and be progressive, after all this is 2016 for christ sakes.  There's no room for that anywhere in the world. 

Thank you so much for bring it to our attention, as a reward GIVE THIS MEN A REFUGEE.  

I'd suggest (you) to get a second job or start moonlighting design services to pay for their welfare since upwards of 80% don't even bother to find one. 

Thank you for being so progressive, don't forget that many depend on you.  Keep up the good work! 

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/10/26/germany-muslim-migrant-four-wives-23-children-receives-390000-year-benefits/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3872758/We-t-cope-migrants-councils-tell-Town-halls-warn-families-face-increased-tax-bills-pay-influx.html

Oct 26, 16 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
babs

She's busy running for President ...

He's busy promoting his new hotel ...

Man's gotta have priorities, I guess.

Oct 26, 16 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

cadomestique don't quit your day job before you get fired, sarcasm isn't your strong suit.

Then again neither is rational thought, considering you read Breitbart (the creator of which  would likely disown all of the bottom-feeders living off of his decaying corpse).

Oct 26, 16 4:04 pm  · 
 · 

This entire thread makes me sad.

Oct 26, 16 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Well, good to know that our resident towel boy, cadomessy, it's still alive. I think the best part of having a shineboy on the site, it's when they lock in on their racism, albeit anonymously, and prance around, without a care in the world. It makes January 20th all the more enjoyable. Then those faux Nazis, with their Hot Topic, SS gear are stuck wearing swastika tees for easter.
Oct 26, 16 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

so i followed those links and then was confused by the brit flag for breitbart but then went to breitbart glossed oved some news stories.....never been, didnt seem all that crazy just like any other over the top bullshit political leaning crazy media source.....what if we required politicians to not talk about moral issues and the media was banned from interpreting stories based on moral requirements?

Oct 26, 16 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i'll do you one better.

how about we take religion out of politics, and tax churches.

Oct 26, 16 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

My prediction: this race is a lot closer than people think, and it will come down to Pennsylvania and Michigan. (My guess is Ohio and Florida go to Trump.) Why these two states? Both went to Trump in the primary, and it was because of lopsided turnout in bombed out industrial towns who feel forgotten by the political establishment epitomized by the Clintons. That is a fired up base that will come out in force. I don't think there is the same passion in the Clinton base.

Additionally I saw first hand what happened to Clinton in the Michigan primary. Nate Silver and 538 had her up by 20% over Bernie, and she lost by 2%, I believe a first for Silver to be that wrong. What will turn it, I believe, are union voters who are traditionally Democrats turning out for Trump. The unions and their members are not on the same page here, and it will affect turnout. We're already seeing Macomb County, Reagan Democrat territory, breaking hard for Trump. Should be an interesting election night.

Oct 27, 16 10:35 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

The people in those bombed out towns should just tug on their bootstraps though.

Oct 27, 16 10:53 am  · 
 · 

Yeah I mean Trump's daddy only gave him a million and he tugged on his bootstraps and lost a billion with it!

Oct 27, 16 11:36 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Anybody read Michael Moore's assesment?

Oct 27, 16 11:39 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Moore is right. I am hearing/seeing the exact same thing in Michigan. You go almost anywhere outside of the metro Detroit area, and there are Trump signs everywhere.

Oct 27, 16 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
"Trump signs everywhere." That's going to be on the Pussy Grabbers headstone.
Oct 27, 16 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Many people that they are assuming will vote dem are going to vote for Stein or Johnson for that same reasons outlined in that article, as well as an overall revolt towards the oligarchy ...

Oct 27, 16 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
babs

Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner"

Thank you for that suggestion, Adolph. However, how about we just continue to abide by the Constitution, however much you think that inconvenient for your faltering campaign.

I guess when you're rich, famous and a jackass, the rules don't matter so much, do they?

Oct 27, 16 9:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: