Archinect
anchor

Thump the Trump

awaiting_deletion

Donna we should also talk about Haiti, because of all the countries we have no interest in taking immigrants in (especially legal, my sister-n-law would be one) our country makes it hard as hell.....meanwhile, some Mexican crosses the border, does illegal construction work and sends money back to mama, gets a DUI for a second time and the NJ judge goes why?  \

he say "my family need money, in need to work."

judge says "but why drink beer."

"sorry sir, long hours, sorry."

nothing effects that guy.

...which side of the ticket is in charge of that?

Oct 22, 16 12:09 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

When Nixon appeared suddenly on TV to announce that he’d decided to abandon the war in Vietnam and surrender honorably to the Vietcong, the stock market almost crashed and caravans of frightened superpatriots began moving toward the mountains of Idaho, north Georgia and Arkansas, where others of their kind were busy building forts and burying stolen guns and teaching their children to speak Chinese.

Oct 22, 16 12:17 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Okay.  I am now going back to the drawing board to come up with a better and more valid reason to vote for Clinton in November – which I plan to do, but my reasons are no more concrete today than they were on the flight down to Little Rock.  I like him a little better, but there was nothing in what he said for the record to excite anybody except cops, money-mongers and elitist policy wonks.  The rest is all a matter of blind faith and reading between the lines.

Oct 22, 16 12:31 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Ye gods.  Now it is Saddam Hussein, Bill Clinton and George Bush, all getting ready for war.  Clinton is wistfully fondling a laughing little black girl, pressing her head against his thigh while he spoke to reporters about the firestorm of cheap, rotten, brainless, low-rent lies that he knows will erupt this week out of Houston, when Bush and his low-rent beaters will kick off their long-awaited avalanche of ugliness against everything he stands for or was ever even tempted to do.

Oct 22, 16 12:38 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Subject: Emergency Procedures in re Patrick Buchanan and your Personal Danger….Beware of Attacks or Violent Invasions of Our Office Area…Journalism is a Brutal Business.

Oct 22, 16 12:43 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Wed 07 Oct 92 Bush Charges Clinton with leading anti-American demonstrations in Moscow during sixties.

Oct 22, 16 12:52 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

this is how dumb the media is - they quote Trump "It's a rigged system, It's a rigged system, don't ever forget it people, get out and vote" followed by some shithead media voice - the GOP nominee still claiming the election is rigged....read that sentence followed by dumbass jouranalists sentence  and tell me how stupid these people are....am I watching the same TV?  .

Oct 22, 16 1:08 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

To: George Stephanopoulos

Goddamnit, George:

How long do you giddy bastards think you can hang on your “lead” by having Mr. Bill act more and more like George Bush?

Why the fuck are you on the defensive again? Bush should be attacked about those Sunday-night debates that have bashed it straight out of the park by laughing at the brain-dead, out-of-touch, senile, dumb-rich, flat-out arrogance of any thin-blooded dingbat who wants to get me and my people into a string of cheap vaudeville-style political arguments when we’re happily  watching God-given sporting events.

What about those 100 million folks who might want to watch the World Series on Sunday night???  And the 55 Million others who love Sunday Night Football???  Does he think they won’t vote?

No! He doesn’t give a damn about those people.  He’s been in hiding in the White House for so many years that he’s even lost touch with football. He doesn’t even watch the World Series!

Oct 22, 16 1:13 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

did I just become a political junkie.?..thanks Hunter....these politicians have such feeble minds...back to HST shortly...my bad Babs, trolling a political thread on an architecture website, seriously, my bad, ha

Oct 22, 16 1:19 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Ye fucking gods! CNN says his lead is “down to single digits” (sic), eight points…he’s lost 10 points in 10 days. And there’s 10 more days to go.  Think about it.  The hog is out of the tunnel…

Oct 22, 16 1:22 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

My own mood was strangely flat.  We had won – and I was thinking “we” at the time – and George Bush had gone down in flames.  It was a Great Victory, but I couldn’t crank up much joy.  I noticed Arthur Schlesinger across the bar, and lifted my glass to him in a friendly salute, but he appeared to be drunk and didn’t recognize me.  Politics is  a very nasty business, win or lose, and you never really know whose side you’re on, especially when you win.

I was brooding on these things when I was joined at the bar by James Carville, who was acting moody.

“What’s wrong, James?” I asked him. “Are you feeling guilty?”

“Fuck no!” he snarled.  “Why should I be feeling guilty?”

I shrugged and tried to get a grip on myself.  “Nothing, James.  Nothing at all.  I was just kidding.”

“Nobody kids in this business,” he said. “Maybe it’s you that feels guilty.  Am I right?”  He jabbed me in the ribs with this finger.  “What are you feelin’ guilty about, Doc? You smokin’ marijuana?”

“Not yet,” I said.  “But I will, very soon.  Do you have any?”

He laughed. “Good try, Doc.  That’s very smart.  Here I just won the biggest election in history of the goddamn world, and you ask me if I’m feeling guilty and smoking marijuana.  Jesus!”

I nodded thoughtfully and called for another drink.  Two more.  Maybe four.

Oct 22, 16 1:37 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

They are here illegally because of the mountain of beurocracy it takes to immigrat legally...  Make the process easy and inexpensive and then we wouldn't have to build walls or incarcerate thousands and thousands of people who are fighting deportation removals....but prison corporation of America doesn't want that to happen...because jailing people is big business...and the Uncle Sam likes to use our tax money to pay hundreds of dollars a day to incarcerate men, women, and yes children.  Many probably don't realise that children are also in detention awaiting their hearings...sometimes for years.  

Oct 22, 16 1:38 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

11 Feb 93 - Clinton nominates Janet Reno for Attorney General

26 Feb 93 - World Trade Center bombed in New York City

28 Feb 93 - U.S. begins aid airdrop to Bosnia.

01 Mar 93 - Over 400 Law enforcement officers gather near a cult compound in Waco, Texas, a day after four federal agents are killed there

But things are different now. The enemy seems to be everywhere.

Oct 22, 16 1:48 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

03 Apr 93 - Clinton meets Boris Yeltsin at Vancouver summit

15 Apr 93 - Group of Seven Industrialized nations pledge $28 billion to Russia

17 Apr 93 - Two L.A. police officers convicted in Rodney King beating

19 Apr 93 - Fire kills 72 cult members as Waco standoffs ends

Oct 22, 16 1:54 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

29 May 93 - Clinton hires former Reagan aide David Gergen as a top adviser.

11 Jun 93 - Supreme Court overrules ban on animal sacrifieces

22 Jun 93 - Federal Appeals court rules Hillary Clinton is a de facto public official

20 Jul 93 - Clinton names Judge Louis Feeh FBI director

22 Jul 93 - White House lawyer Vincent W. Foster commits suicide in a Washington, D.C., park

Oct 22, 16 2:00 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Oct 22, 16 2:07 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Nixon’s spirit will be with us for the rest of our lives – whether you’re me or Bill Clinton or you or Kurt Cobain or Bishop Tutu or Keith Richards or Amy Fisher or Boris Yeltsin’s daughter or your fiancee’s 16 -year-old beer-drunk brother with his braided goatee and his whole life like a thundercloud out in front of him.  This is not a generational thing.  You don’t even have to know who Richard Nixon was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.

He has poisoned our water forever.  Nixon will be remembered as a classic case of a smart man shitting in his own nest.  But he also shit in our nests, and that was the crime that history will burn on his memory like a brand.  By disgracing and degrading the presidency of the United States, by fleeing the White House like a diseased cur, Richard Nixon broke the heart of the American Dream.

all text from (beside my non itallic shit) from "Better Than Sex" - Hunter S. Thompson

God bless Americans.

Oct 22, 16 2:17 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I do work for a non-profit and the person who writes Olaf's rants helped me a few times when I asked him to.

Oct 22, 16 8:59 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Russian Carrier, singular. I imagine they'll roll out the Potemkin soon.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/22/world/europe/russia-admiral-kuznetsov-syria.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.com
Oct 22, 16 9:20 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
"You don't pull on Superman's cape,
You don't spit in the wind,
You don't Phil the mask off The Lone Ranger, and
You don't debate; racists, homophobes, and misogynists." - Jim Croce
Oct 22, 16 9:43 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

if hunter s were running for president, i wouldn't be as supportive of the hillary campaign as i am.  alas, that's not real life.  just like unamuno's view of immigration isn't based on real life, but rather a caricature portrayed on a conservative radio talk show somewhere.

Oct 22, 16 10:15 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Actually, Donna, a close family member of mine worked as an English as a second language teacher in the public schools for 25 years. I got to know many of her students' families very well and most were wonderful, hardworking people. I recently asked her what percentage of her students' families were here illegally, and she said she thought about 10% which was much lower than I was expecting. She also said that those that were here legally worked very hard to obtain their citizenship - they followed the rules. Shouldn't we hold all people to following the rules? That only seems fair.

Oct 22, 16 10:52 am  · 
 · 
davvid

Goddamn, Olaf! You are such a waste of space and time. 

Oct 22, 16 11:27 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

I mean, jesus, again. Sorry to get so grumpy but I hear so many people here whining about stuff and they never, ever talk about work they are actively doing to address any problems beyond bitching about it on the internet. Let's have a sound-off: what non-profits do you volunteer your time for? Who are you mentoring? What are you doing to help less-fortunate kids at your own kids' school to achieve? How do you connect those in need with those who have extra in your neighborhood? Have you cleared the snow off an elderly neighbor's sidewalk, ever? Do you return your shopping cart to the corral when you're done?

Sorry, Donna, but this is the epitome of bourgeois liberalism. I actually live and work in a low income community (instead of the bourgeois liberals I know who retreat to the be self-righteous in their homogenous, upper-middle class enclaves after doing their feel-good 10 hours of volunteerism). If you want to really understand poverty, you need to live it, and what you find is that more government and do-gooderism does not fix it. There are a lot of people who just caught a bad break or were born into a bad situation, but there are as many who made really poor decisions that no amount of government interventionism is going to fix. You want to know how to make things better? It's by communities choosing to lift themselves up. Families choosing to lift themselves up. People choosing to lift themselves up. And not outsiders, whether that be the government or do-gooders doing things to make themselves feel better.

Oct 22, 16 11:29 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

you are welcome Davvid, hope you learned something...jla-x you are correct. if there was no beauracracy which this country has too much of, no one would be illegal. what does it mean to be undocumented?

Oct 22, 16 11:34 am  · 
 · 
davvid

Olaf, 

I don't read your long rants. I just skip over them. My guess is that you don't bother to distill your thoughts, so why go through the trouble of sifting through what you post?

Oct 22, 16 11:42 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
I love how living and working in a low income community is somehow enlightenment as to how to solve the problem. That's rich.

I've been poor. The poor don't have access to the things that allow them to "lift themselves up by the bootstraps", they don't have boots. The poor don't have capital. The poor don't have political power. The poor don't sit on transit boards. The poor don't write laws.

I agree with one thing you wrote; charity, is not what poor people need, poor people need a real safety net, provided by everyone paying their fair share of taxes. Charity should be reserved for catastrophic circumstances, not for schools needs, or health and housing of poor people.

What you've written about people catching a bad break, poor decisions, born into a disadvantage, sounds like you're referring to a certain group?

Which group? I assume, because we're in a thread about Drumpf, you're referring to minority groups?
Oct 22, 16 11:49 am  · 
 · 

Fuck off won. You have no idea about what my background is. I'm won and done talking to you.

(Edited to bold the fuck off part.)

Oct 22, 16 11:56 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

davvid those were 80% verbatim qoutes from Hunter S. Thompson. Many items would be worth researching, but mainly wanted to point this election is just part of the psychotic cycle of American ideologies in synch with a distorted history post one generation from WW2..bullshit beta, the poor have tons of access, you are living proof. won could be takking about the new minority - christian whites....see how assinine this bigotry can be.....the phrase "group" means a set of people who have shared values on society - if its broke, fix it.....and that right there is surely offensive....

Oct 22, 16 11:57 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

tinnt, we still have engineering for ya and still hoping to meet that rainforest guy (on a non rant note).......curt, HST as president, that would if been a hoot, we are not an advanced enough culture to take on that much accountability.

Oct 22, 16 11:59 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Ok, Donna, so it's fair for you to call out people for not volunteering, but it's unfair for me to consider most volunteering do-gooderism? Got it.

beta, I was referring to poverty. Play the race card much?

Oct 22, 16 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Play the race card much? That's rich. You must be living in coal country then. My bad.
Oct 22, 16 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
How about you answer my assertions.
Oct 22, 16 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Olaf, my circumstances have more to do with government grants, and federally backed loans. The amount of debt I'm in, if the economy tanks, under a Drumpf Economy, would have me poor in a second.
Oct 22, 16 12:33 pm  · 
 · 

I've been poor. The poor don't have access to the things that allow them to "lift themselves up by the bootstraps", they don't have boots. The poor don't have capital. The poor don't have political power. The poor don't sit on transit boards. The poor don't write laws.

This is exactly the point. People really are unable to see their own privilege and thus just assume everyone else has access to the same support systems *they* grew up with - however family- or neighborhood- or government-based they might be.

The lack of emotional intelligence is astounding - are there really architects here who *don't* know how to put themselves in another's shoes and thus design solutions that are based on reality rather than dictatorial blindness? OTOH, maybe I understand starchitect wannabes a little better now.

Oct 22, 16 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

No, beta, I am not referring to any racial or ethnic group, for chrissake, man.

Oct 22, 16 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
babs

Okay ... so ... back to Thumping the Trump ....

Oct 22, 16 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Won and don, my bad, I didn't know there were amorphous poor communities in America.
Oct 22, 16 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Oct 22, 16 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Oct 22, 16 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

So in Gettysburg Trump just vowed in the first 100 days of his presidency to require - somehow, I don't know how since he doesn't seem to understand the legislative branch exists and will mostly dislike him - that for every new Federal requirement enacted TWO will have to be repealed.

Wut? This is such simplistic thinking. Is Trump a child? Does he believe in magical bargaining, like telling yourself if you finish 25 situps instead of 20 then the girl you like will say yes to prom?

This is not how you run a government.

Oct 22, 16 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
babs

Donna - here's part of the answer to your "Is Trump a child?" question.

Oct 22, 16 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

beta, I am in the same boat but learned from the wealthy, don't pay your bills, lawyer up, settle because that is the system.  all my liabilities remain Federal at this point.....  and for the record, the guy behind Olaf has been sponsoring a girl in Zambia for 8 years now,  it's' amazing what $30 will get you a month outside the US.

Davvid - of the many items above, see this one (here to make you think)

Court Rules That First Lady Is 'De Facto' Federal Official

But the rationale of the ruling is not limited to Mrs. Clinton. It would seem to permit any Presidential spouse to engage in official and semiofficial activities of a type normally preformed by Government employees.

Oct 22, 16 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Funny how calling the election rigged is being ridiculed so hard...especially when the dnc was caught red handed rigging it so that Bernie would lose....and according to Wikileaks, Hillary wanted trump to run...he was her "pied piper".  

Oct 22, 16 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

Donna

You say "chocolate is good food"

I say " Too many chocolate is bad"

Those tow statements don't contradict each other.

Yes, we don't need visa and permits to this universe as we get born, but please don't confuse humans and citizens. 

No, I have not been a mentor to anyone as I am not educated enough to be one.

I cleaned snow off from my disabled neighbor in Brooklyn.

and yes I did some these things, yet being a good person does not justify me to go Scottish Highlands and stay there illegally. Even though I would love live there.

(the bellow post not meant for you) 

-------

Oct 22, 16 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
davvid

Olaf, 

Yea, clearly she was eager to do more than what previous First Ladies had done. 

I don't blame her for being ambitious. I do blame her for how she operates, her "unhealthy penchant for privacy" as David Axelrod put it, or her blurring of public and private interests, and the way that she and Bill ride the line of inappropriately and conflict of interest. 

I have a lot of problems with Hillary Clinton. But I have to somehow separate the idea of voting for her from the idea of supporting her. I don't feel that I can support her, but I will vote for her because I want Trump to lose by as large of a margin as possible.

Oct 22, 16 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Voting shouldn't make you feel dirty.  

Oct 22, 16 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
babs

^ I completed my mail-in ballot earlier today - it was a cleansing experience NOT to vote for the Donald.

Oct 22, 16 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
davvid

Perhaps elections shouldn't make you feel dirty. But when two nominees are each chosen by only 9% of the population, we can't really expect them to reflect the will of the people. These candidates are a reflection of two small and highly-partisan groups.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/01/us/elections/nine-percent-of-america-selected-trump-and-clinton.html?_r=0

Oct 22, 16 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Not only that, but each party is a "private" organization, and only members in that party get to make the determination. In fact even the Republicans are discussing super delegates. 

Oct 22, 16 11:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: