Archinect
anchor

Acceptance/Rejection Decisions 2015

VB21

I'd emailed the GSD to find out about the MAUD decisions. They said that decisions are being made on a rolling basis through the week and that one should hear from them by the end of the week. Has anyone gotten accepted over the last few days?

Mar 12, 15 12:10 am  · 
 · 
kayl0

Undergraduate degree: Bachelors of Environmental Design2015

- GPA: 3.4

- Portfolio: issuu.com/krisl0x3

- GRE scores: 149/154/4

- # of letter of recommendations: 3 letters - 2 professors, 1 former employer (All principals of their firms)

SCHOOLS applied + Results + Funds awarded: All programs are M.Arch 1 

- IN

UCLA (awarded fellowship for 1 year)

USC (awarded fellowship for all 3 years)

- OUT

- WAITLIST

- NO RESPONSE

SCI-Arc

-PREFERENCE/TIPS 

I applied to schools in L.A. because its where I want to work after I finish graduate school and its close to home..ish (I'm from Hawaii). My GRE scores weren't that strong and I didn't have time to take the test again so I knew I had to make up in other areas. I think my letter of recommendation helped a lot because they were well known and well respected architects. As of now I am pretty set on attending UCLA.

Mar 12, 15 12:31 am  · 
 · 
Kell

@krisl0x3 

Hi I also am in at UCLA, M. Arch 1, and am set on going too. 

I was just wondering how you heard about the fellowship. 

Mar 12, 15 12:57 am  · 
 · 
aparajita20

@VB21 Waiting for GSD's decision on the MAUD program too. My status on the applications page still shows 'submitted'. I was going to write to them but I think it makes sense to wait it out until the end of this week.  I'm freaking out though!

Mar 12, 15 1:03 am  · 
 · 
kayl0

@Kell 

They sent me information on the fellowship with my acceptance letter. 

Guess we're gonna be classmates in the Fall! Exciting!

Mar 12, 15 1:06 am  · 
 · 
aparajita20

Undergraduate degree: B.Arch, 2013

GPA:  3.4

GRE scores (V/Q/W):  163/158/5.0

# of letter of recommendations: 3 letters -- 1 from Deputy Director (also my design guide) + Thesis guide + Employer (also my design guide)

SCHOOLS applied + Results + Funds awarded: GSD (MAUD), Yale (M.Arch II), GSAPP (MSAUD), Cornell (M.Arch II), Taubman College (MUD), UC Berkeley (MUD), MIT (sMARCHS - Urban Design) and UT Austin (M.Arch II in Urban Design)

IN:

University of Texas at Austin

University of Michigan

GSAPP

OUT:

Cornell AAP

WAIT LISTED:

Yale SOA

NO RESPONSE:

Harvard GSD

MIT SAP

University of California, Berkeley

Preferences:

Really waiting on the GSD decision and hoping that the Yale wait list becomes a legitimate yes. I haven't thought about what I would choose if neither of the above work out. Maybe UT Austin, does that make sense for a UD concentration?

Mar 12, 15 1:12 am  · 
 · 
Kell

Congrats, yes we will.  Will you be going to the open house? 

Mar 12, 15 1:12 am  · 
 · 
kayl0

@Kell

I haven't scheduled my flight yet, but I plan to. Will you be attending?

Mar 12, 15 1:31 am  · 
 · 
Kell

@krisl0x3 

Hey, yea I will too, I'm from southern Ca so it wont be too bad of a drive. See ya there!

Mar 12, 15 2:43 am  · 
 · 
video_killed

Berkeley today! Haven't found out about money yet. Man oh man, I've got some tough choices. 

Mar 12, 15 8:17 am  · 
 · 
Ose Etomi

Has anyone gotten a rejection letter from Michigan?

Mar 12, 15 8:22 am  · 
 · 
annoyingbroccoli

Has anyone heard from GSAPP MArch advanced standing(2-years)?? 

Mar 12, 15 10:55 am  · 
 · 
howdidigethere

@purple  Probably sending them out  5pm Friday to avoid the phone calls. Expecting one myself.

Mar 12, 15 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
mononoaware

Has any Yale admit for M.Arch 1 heard back from the school? I haven't received anything since getting an early notification of acceptance via website on February 27 except for a copy of Retrospecta and a printed acceptance notification through mail, so I'm a bit worried.

Also, do you recommend going to the Open House for top choice? I'm certain that I'm going to Yale but I have to finish a prerequisite course in LA. I fear I'll be missing something crucial like meeting people and getting started with school by not attending the Open House. Is it more for people who are undecided than an orientation for those who are sure of attending the school?

Mar 12, 15 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

@mononoaware I'm M.Arch I and haven't heard anything else either than the admit letter saying that Mark Gage would be I contact soon with specific information (I asimme that means if anyone has any prereqs, start dates for the fall, etc.)behind wants to be brave and call them to see what's up? :)

also, even though I am pretty certain I'm going to choose Yale I am still visiting my top two choices one last time before deciding at the open houses. I think it's a good chance to see what the class is going to look like.

Mar 12, 15 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
chicagleggos

@ video_killed   Heard from Berkeley this morning too, same boat as you about $$

Mar 12, 15 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Doupdo

First post!

@mononoaware I'm also M.Arch and called in Yale earlier this week and they said they were about to send out financial awards (monday)  so I think we should be receiving something soon. 

Mar 12, 15 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

@doupdo ahhhh Monday is when you called? I haven't even received my letter and Retrospecta in the mail yet, damn post >.<

Mar 12, 15 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
jwfa

Berkeley!! Congrats to everyone's news!

Mar 12, 15 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
mononoaware

Also got a notification of acceptance from Berkeley yesterday at 11 PM PST (didn't know they send them out so late in the day!). Official letter with funding information to follow. I only have Princeton left, but I'm pretty sure I'm not in because they never invited me to an interview.

@archhopeful

What are your other top choices?

Mar 12, 15 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

@mononoaware Same with Princeton, the only other I have to hear back from is Columbia. I am visiting GSD and Yale for the open house, I also have a generous offer from WashU. Tomorrow I'll see if the offer from Penn is generous enough to be considered, crossing my fingers for all of the above!!

Mar 12, 15 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
thebloodfiend

UMD, my safety, sent out letters today. Oddly, they rejected me and RISD gave me a fellowship. The irony is cute.

Mar 13, 15 12:44 am  · 
 · 
lilchan92

@kell and @krisl0x3  Just got my letter today too maybe ill be joining you guys next year!

Mar 13, 15 1:27 am  · 
 · 
annoyingbroccoli

I just got accepted to GSAPP MArch(3-Year). I am an international student and have a BArch in architecture. GSAPP is my top choice but 3-year is a long time to study arhitecture from scratch. Isn't the 3-year program for students with non-architectural background? What should i do?

Mar 13, 15 2:13 am  · 
 · 
video_killed

GSAPP M.Arch 1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 13, 15 7:15 am  · 
 · 
thebloodfiend

I just got into Columbia. M.Arch 1. Goddamn. If my friend does not get in with me, he is going to murder me. 

Mar 13, 15 8:14 am  · 
 · 
annoyingbroccoli

Anyone wants to answer my question?

Mar 13, 15 9:14 am  · 
 · 
video_killed

@annoyingbroccoli 

Were you accepted to other programs that offered you advanced placement? 

If you were, it couldn't hurt to call them and see if they can reassess. It's not like they're going to rescind your offer of admission. 

Mar 13, 15 9:32 am  · 
 · 
archhopeful

@annoyingbroccoli Calling the school can't hurt and it's probably your best bet for an accurate answer. Double check your application, did you maybe accidentally select the M.Arch.I 3 year degree?

Mar 13, 15 9:33 am  · 
 · 
chicagleggos

@annoyingbroccoli  You probably should have applied for MArch II if you have a BArch already. I wouldn't call it studying from scratch though and I think many enrolled have some background in archtecture

GSD with ?$ & GSAPP with $$$ & Berkeley with ?$ 

Congrats to everyone and I'm sure I'll see some, if not all of you around the studios!!! 

Mar 13, 15 9:36 am  · 
 · 
dannyviln

Anyone else waitlisted for M.ARCH I in GSAPP? any information on how it works or stats?

Also, if you got in and you're not going, please let admissions know as soon as possible.

Congrats to everyone!

Mar 13, 15 10:23 am  · 
 · 
video_killed

Everyone always says that, "please let admissions know as soon as possible", but does it actually help people on the waitlist? Aren't they just going to wait until after April 15th when deposits come in to start picking people off their waitlist anyways? 

And I make these comments as someone waitlisted from my top choice program!

Mar 13, 15 11:14 am  · 
 · 
jajahahaja

gsd second rejection wave coming

Mar 13, 15 11:17 am  · 
 · 
dannyviln

@video_killed

I think they done necessarily wait.. If they know they can offer someone from the waitlist a spot before, I assume they won’t wait. This is based on GradCafe from last year. Looks like a few applicants were off the waitlist in a week..

Mar 13, 15 11:25 am  · 
 · 
thebloodfiend

And UPenn is now releasing decisions.

No from them, but I don't particularly care. I don't understand why my safety schools said no, and the two I was dying to get into said yes. Watch Pratt release today and say no, too. The admissions process is strange. 

Mar 13, 15 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
dannyviln

@thebloodfiend

You got an email from Pratt?

Mar 13, 15 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
Pierre Thach

Did anyone hear back from Yale about financial aid?

Mar 13, 15 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
thebloodfiend

@dannyviln

They emailed me saying mid to late March two weeks ago, so I assumed today. We will see. 

Mar 13, 15 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
windupbird

Ughh, Penn's financial aid is terrible. Goodbye east coast....

Mar 13, 15 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
PoMo

Undergraduate degree: B.S.Arch, 2014

GPA:  3.3

GRE scores (V/Q/W):  149/158/3.0

# of letter of recommendations: 3 letters -- all studio prof.

IN:

University of Michigan with $$

WashU no financial info yet!

OUT:

Yale

Cornell

WAIT LISTED:

OSU (my undergrad almamater and safety school  WHAT!!)

NO RESPONSE:

Rice

Princeton

has anyone heard from Rice ?? 

Mar 13, 15 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

I got quite a generous scholarship from Penn. And significantly less from Columbia. 

This is making the decision process so much harder!!

Mar 13, 15 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
weilili

@windupbird where did you see financial aid info from penn? All I'm seeing is view decision letter....

Mar 13, 15 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
exoworks

@video_killed

if you don't mind me asking, where can you find the scholarships for the decisions? is it in the letter?

Mar 13, 15 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

For Penn scholarship, click "view checklist" and scroll down.

Any word on Yale financial aid?

Mar 13, 15 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

To those asking about financial info from Penn, I didn't see it at first either. You have to go to View Checklist, scroll all the way to the bottom, click Decision Letter Supplements. Hope this helps!

Mar 13, 15 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
weilili

Scratch that, I found the financial aid info buried in the checklist and got quite the lovely scholarship offer. Guess I should post my stats:

24/F/New York

BA in Architecture, 2012, 3.5

GRE (old gre, took it in 2011) 800 math, 650 verbal, 4 writing

Recs: 1 from non-arch professor at school, 1 from former boss, 1 from partner at rather famous firm

IN:

Penn $$$

RISD $$

UT-Austin (haven't heard about money yet)

WAITLIST:

Yale

OUT:

GSD

MIT

No word: Pratt

Looks like it's gonna be Penn! I am also into rowing so being in Philly would be really fun.

Mar 13, 15 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

Maybe we should make a new thread for stats? Might be more helpful for next years applicants so they don't have to scroll through the six pages of us all freaking out the last few weeks :)

Mar 13, 15 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

@archhopeful

I am fully in support of that. This thread did kind of devolve into more chat than usual. 

Mar 13, 15 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
exoworks

before we go, cheers for always being here to freak out with me guys. haha. hope everyone got something they wanted and all the best for grad studies

Mar 13, 15 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
elle331

@PoMo I am still waiting to hear from Rice. I saw two people post on gradcafe that they were notified yesterday and today. 

I believe someone posted a few pages back that they heard last Tuesday. So maybe the next wave will be today. 

Also waiting on Pratt. 

Mar 13, 15 2:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: