Archinect
anchor

Acceptance/Rejection Decisions 2015

natematt

@Video_Killed

Complaining about being in Ann Arbor? What?  Most people love living in Ann Arbor.

Mar 6, 15 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
Egrif001

Has anyone received a rejection email from Michigan?

I haven't heard anything and I'm getting worried. When I first applied, I never got the official email confirming my application. So after a while I contacted the administration and they told me that my application, along with several other applicants, got "stuck in the system" and they were fixing it. The official email confirming my application finally came on February 9th, I applied in mid December. Now I'm wondering if they are going to inform me if I didn't get in at all. It's driving me a little crazy. If I didn't get in, that's perfectly understandable. However, if after all that they never actually received/reviewed my application because of a computer error, I'm going to be pretty annoyed.

Mar 6, 15 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
Ose Etomi

@Egrif001 Hi I've been having similar issues with Michigan, on the wolverine access my application is being listed as incomplete because due a computer error one of my letters of recommendation didn't go through. I received the mail a while back saying that all decisions would be out by the 6th (today), so I called them again for an update (i think they are sick of me now, lol) and what the guy told me is due to all the computer errors and the fact that they are running behind that they are extending that date till next week. And he assured me that even though my application says incomplete it was still reviewed. I'm still a bit hopeful but if everyone else heard last week and 2 weeks later still nothing, it might not be good news

Mar 6, 15 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Egrif001

@purple hibiscus

Ah, thank you. That's actually good to hear. The administration should be thankful because you just saved them another annoying call from me.  I guess I can stop compulsively refreshing my inbox now.

Mar 6, 15 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
midfish

@pinnepie I got accepted on tuesday! But didn't see anybody else post about it. Have you heard back? 

Mar 6, 15 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
pinnepie

@midfish NO. I guess I am rejected. Did you hear anyone else who got in?

Mar 6, 15 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@YLMS

I am not sure how those rankings work and the way they do survey, but what I do know UCLA is a very respected school, across the USA and of west coast.

Don't judge a school only by ranking or high cost or whatever, the most important is what you want to learn. I know it  sounds irresponsible, but at the and of they day you will be one who makes the choice.

UCLA deserves to be in such rankings, but in MY personal opinion Upenn don't. (unless it is udegrad ranking)

I saw a comment of yours about UPenn, don't get me wrong UPenn might be an amazing and life-changing experience for you and at the and of day it may turn out the best for you, but FOR ME it was not good, based on what I am looking for in architecture.

I don't need some hipster teaching me how should I design railings or anything else but rather how find a true concept that I make my design on. In everything I look for an intellectual justification not a beauty or such, so I made my decision based on this criteria and whatever school met it I applied for it.

No schools matters if one is intellectually incapable of doing architecture, there is no education better than self-education, but to find a methodology is the hardest and that is way I am going to school to learn a methodology to educate myself to its max potential.

I did not wander 12.000 miles across America with my backpack on the shoulders and did not visit all the important buildings throughout the country by walking and hitchhiking to stand and listen to a guy, who has never actually left city, who teaches me how cool is Zaha's building or shit like that.

Mar 6, 15 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

@YLMS

@Video-killed

Congrats to everyone! Please feel free to contact me if you'd like more specific information.

Mar 6, 15 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

Anyone else sitting around refreshing the GSD website?

Mar 6, 15 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
mwnnown

i am.......

Mar 6, 15 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

this wait!!!!!

Mar 6, 15 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

It's up, everyone!

Mar 6, 15 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

i don't see a decision though

Mar 6, 15 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

@archhopeful

Wait, what page are you on and what exactly is up??

I thought they would be emailing decisions?

Mar 6, 15 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
mwnnown

where?!

Mar 6, 15 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

If you login to your application and click to open the application (to the page where you normally see the check list of materials) there's a "view update" button for me. They'll probably keep loading over the next few minutes or hour I would assume. (No email for me)

Mar 6, 15 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

It's still the application status checklist for me. Not a good sign?

Mar 6, 15 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

@archhopeful

Did you get in?

Mar 6, 15 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

Might just take a while for them all to upload. Last year's thread showed them trickling in for a while. If it makes you feel any better, my last name is at the beginning of the alphabet and it's very possible they're uploaded alphabetically.

Mar 6, 15 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

Ahhhhhhh the suspense is killing me!!

Mar 6, 15 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

I got the email 20 minutes ago, still haven't looked at the results. I think I'm going through a panic attack from the nervousness. 

Mar 6, 15 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

So far NO ONE'S posted rejections on grad cafe, so I wonder if the initial wave was all just admits or a mix of both. I'm such a hot mess right now lol

Mar 6, 15 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

open the email and you will answer all your questions...

Mar 6, 15 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

I made a deal with my significant other that I'd open when I get home so they'll see my reaction. LOLS. This could be very bad. 

Mar 6, 15 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

I still haven't heard back anything yet, from the website or the email. Think they're done updating all the acceptances? :(

Mar 6, 15 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

@video_killed

Are you saying that those who get the email first are only acceptances?? I still haven't looked at the one I got at 4:48 and the self-induced suspense is killing me.

Mar 6, 15 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

Nothing yet for me either. citizencities, I think it's highly likely an acceptance if you have received an email?

I thought this would be an automated thing where programmed email goes out at the same time. I couldn't have imagined that this is a manual process. If it is, they need to reply back to 1000s(?) of applicants and that sounds like a really long process.

Mar 6, 15 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

On my way home from work right now literally, and my heart is beating 100 beats per second. Will keep you all posted when I return. 

Mar 6, 15 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
jajahahaja

shoooooot..... still haven`t got any updates am i out??

Mar 6, 15 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

I think last year they sent it out all at once, by the looks of grad cafe, but so far no one this year on grad cafe has posted rejections yet. ( i just looked)

Here was last year's archinect thread on admissions, it doesnt suggest there to be "waves" of emails. (Go to page 10).

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/93136003/gsd-sci-arch-aa-bartlett-m-arch-waiting-waiting-waiting-for-decision/450

Mar 6, 15 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

@archhopeful

did you get in? what program did you apply for and what time did you get the email?

My last name starts with a C if anyone was wondering, lol

Mar 6, 15 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

I think archhopeful got in. If you haven't received an email (including myself) I think it's a rejection, sadly. They'll probably update rejections later. Having said that, I'm very curious what your result is citizencities at this point. I think you are in, dude! Just my feeling.

Mar 6, 15 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

Even if it was an automated emailing system that goes by last name, it would still take time and come in "waves". There isn't a way to give thousands of emails at the exact same time....automated or manually.

Mar 6, 15 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

@bvega

I don't know what the technology is, but how does corporate offices send out thousands of e-mails to employees and customers then? I believe there's technology to send out thousands of e-mails at once.

Mar 6, 15 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

@bvega

are you suggesting that they send out acceptances first then? I'm almost home, train delays! So funny how I'm updating my life to a bunch of strangers right now lol

Mar 6, 15 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

Yeah, it's been over an hour since people started posting acceptances... I don't think I'm getting anything. 

But that hasn't stopped me from refreshing the screen every 2 minutes...

Mar 6, 15 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

wait a minute, but Archhopeful hasn't received an email yet?! She said she just checked the status, and no e-mail. That defeats my theory that all acceptance e-mails were sent at once (if she got in) 

Mar 6, 15 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
jajahahaja

looks like only acceptances got emails supposing from gsdcafe results

Mar 6, 15 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

try checking the application portal manually? 

Mar 6, 15 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

my co-worker just told me that a lot of additional acceptances will happen in March. So, don't lose hope until you actually receive a rejection letter I guess.

Mar 6, 15 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
tarolling

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

GSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 6, 15 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

why have there been no rejection posts on gradcafe yet?? im thinking that people are just initially distraught so they dont post rejections right away on there. :/

Mar 6, 15 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

citizencities, if you disappear, we'll understand. lol

Mar 6, 15 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

@tarolling 

Congrats! When did you get the email?

Mar 6, 15 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

Sorry for the delay!! I did get in MArch I +$30000. I didn't get an email though, there was only the update on my application and then on the financial aid application about twenty minutes later.

Mar 6, 15 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

@archhopeful

Congrats!! I'm very curious what your stats is. Will you be posting your background later?

Mar 6, 15 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
tarolling

I finished the Skype Interview today morning,

and I got YES mail 1.5h before.

Mar 6, 15 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

Well, today has been emotionally devastating. Still haven't heard anything but things aren't looking good. 

I'm going to remove myself from the internet for a few hours. 

Mar 6, 15 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

@sirhc More than happy to, should we start a new thread with all that? I'm still waiting to hear from Virginia (which I thought would come today), Princeton (didn't get an interview invite, so I'm not expecting much) and Columbia (which is supposed to come in one week I believe).

Mar 6, 15 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
YLMS

@archhopeful  i got in GSD as well with financial aid page showing 20k. but it asks me to reject, request increase, or decrease. it reads like a loan rather than grant to me. what does yours say?

Mar 6, 15 6:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: