This home concept is intended to replace the outdated design solutions at Habitat for Humanity International. Our goal was to propose a method to grow homes from native trees. This enables these new local dwellings to be a part of an absolutely green community.
1. Composed with 100% living nutrients.
2. Harmonize & embrace growth.
3. Make effective contributions to the ecosystem.
4. Accountable removal of human impacts.
5. Involve arboreal farming & production.
6. Subsume technology within terrestrial environs.
7. Circulate water & metabolic flows symbiotically.
8. Consider the life cycle, from use to disposal.
9. Achieve a fitness with our earthen web of life.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Team H.E.D. [Human Ecology Design]
Mitchell Joachim, Ph.D.
Lara Greden, Ph.D.
Javier Arbona, Ph.D. scholar
habitat for humanity is about homes now... not 20 yrs later when the trees have finally grown.
We could plan ahead though, right?
Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?