This home concept is intended to replace the outdated design solutions at Habitat for Humanity International. Our goal was to propose a method to grow homes from native trees. This enables these new local dwellings to be a part of an absolutely green community.
1. Composed with 100% living nutrients.
2. Harmonize & embrace growth.
3. Make effective contributions to the ecosystem.
4. Accountable removal of human impacts.
5. Involve arboreal farming & production.
6. Subsume technology within terrestrial environs.
7. Circulate water & metabolic flows symbiotically.
8. Consider the life cycle, from use to disposal.
9. Achieve a fitness with our earthen web of life.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Team H.E.D. [Human Ecology Design]
Mitchell Joachim, Ph.D.
Lara Greden, Ph.D.
Javier Arbona, Ph.D. scholar