Archinect
anchor

GSD / Sci-Arch / AA / Bartlett / M.Arch waiting waiting waiting.for decision?

etinoco

@iematraveler Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm glad it's finally march though, Its annoying not knowing where in the country you'll end up. I like to plan way ahead, and this is driving me insane.

Mar 3, 14 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Right, me too. Like how am I going to go to Burning Man and start school possibly in the same week? Serious life decisions to make here!

Mar 3, 14 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
ltdinthecle

@iematraveler you're a boss. yeah no one tells you that the worst part of grad school applications are hounding your rec letter writers and the agonizing waiting period we're in now. 

i know some schools send out decisions late in the day so no one can call the admissions office and bother them so we still have time haha

Mar 3, 14 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Almost 3:30pm...

Mar 3, 14 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
remedios521

Alas, it seems that it is not happening today...

Mar 3, 14 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
hanshen

Well, I got the email from UMichigan at 5pm last Friday. There's still hope!

Mar 3, 14 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

I'm hoping for 5:00pm eastern time! 

Mar 3, 14 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Marina CM

me too!!!

Mar 3, 14 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

:(

Mar 3, 14 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Haha well, let's just hope for tomorrow.

Mar 3, 14 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

Was hoping at 6 PM EST we would get something... Thats when UCLA sent theirs out (6PM PST that is)

Mar 3, 14 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
Marina CM

Let's hope they don't wait until March 15th!

Mar 3, 14 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

@darth_arch, @kadam_patil:  I am also from Cochin, India.

Applied to U of Minnesota, U of Kansas, Iowa State University, U of Cincinnati.

Got admitted to Kansas but without any funding. So waiting for decisions from other universities.

Has the admissions office of U of Minnesota started sending e-mails? This waiting is killing.

Mar 4, 14 8:31 am  · 
 · 
remedios521

@regina, I am wondering the same thing for U of Minnesota, it seems like 3 people have posted about being admitted to their Masters program on gradcafe. My status still says "Final Review" so I was a bit confused. 

Mar 4, 14 9:26 am  · 
 · 
regina11

@hakunamatata: Good that your application status has at least changed. That gives a feeling that there is atleast some activity going on. Mine still shows "Awaiting Program Decision". So very much worried.

Mar 4, 14 9:50 am  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

@regina 11 best of luck yarrr!!!hope we all get in to our dream university...

Mar 4, 14 9:58 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

Today might just be the day. Actually tomorrow might just be the day. 

The 5th here would be the 4th in the states, so the 6th here might just be the day :D 

Mar 4, 14 10:22 am  · 
 · 
lataco

It is said that GSD won't be sending out decisions until next Monday. Take it or not.

Mar 4, 14 10:42 am  · 
 · 
regina11

@kadam_patil: Thank you and best of luck to you too.

@darth_arch: Hope so. Fingers crossed.

Mar 4, 14 11:04 am  · 
 · 
cedar

@lataco 

Where did you hear that?

Mar 4, 14 11:47 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

I can picture this scene at the GSD Admissions committee meeting. 

"Lets just say late February through March.......should be vague enough to give them hope"

Mar 4, 14 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

At least it's better than GSAPP, who had an extra 2 weeks to review and haven't said a peep.

My Minnesota status is still "Final Review" too.

Mar 4, 14 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
Marina CM

lol darth_arch hahaha! Last years they began to release decisions on Monday so lataco might be right...

Mar 4, 14 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
NicoleA

darth_arch, thank you for your humor! :)

Mar 4, 14 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

Seems as though cornell is releasing today... 

Mar 4, 14 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

has anyone applied there?

Mar 4, 14 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

I have. MArch I. Still no response.

Mar 4, 14 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

C'mon guys...

Mar 4, 14 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

@roshi 

where else?

Mar 4, 14 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

@roshi, sorry to keep bugging you but do you know where to go to check the status? I feel as though maybe im missing something... or i guess this can be answered by anyone who applied to cornell 

Mar 4, 14 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
remedios521

My status changed to Decision Made for UMN, however, can't see any messages yet (on the right it says wait for one business day after the status changes to Decision Made to view your decision). FML more waiting...

Mar 4, 14 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
jhaze

@zkile

I heard from Cornell Yesterday around 3pm (MST). They emailed me and said that a decision had been made and to check the application web page. 

Mar 4, 14 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

@jhaze

thanks yea my status says complete? was yours reading that prior to your receiving word?

Mar 4, 14 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

perhaps im not looking on the correct page. 

Mar 4, 14 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

@hakunamatata Mine now says Decision Made too. Our applications must be right next to each other.

Mar 4, 14 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
jhaze

@zkile

I hadn't checked the website prior to getting the acceptance letter. The "decision letter" button is right above your recommendations on the application page.

Mar 4, 14 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
elisandra_garcia

Whoever applied to Wash U, I go here now and can get you insight on anything you'd like.

Mar 4, 14 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
elisandra_garcia

Also, anyone any take on Yale or Cornell?

Mar 4, 14 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
sjimenez.sj

I just received an acceptance letter via email from UCLA AUD for MArch I. Still waiting on 3 more programs. Feels great to finally hear something. Good luck everyone!! 

Mar 4, 14 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
Micah Macaulay

In at WUSTL, applied for dual-degree MLA/MArch. Waiting on admissions package to arrive via snail mail.

@red_eg, what is your feeling on the nature of work at WashU? Theory-based, innovation/conceptualization type work or more of a grounded practical approach to design? Also, availability of financial aid / fellowships or assistantships will probably greatly help or hurt where I ultimately decide to attend. What are your thoughts on that from a student perspective?

Thanks!

Mar 4, 14 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
elisandra_garcia

@m.mac Before I answer, what program did you get into so that I can give you a tailored answer?

Mar 4, 14 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Micah Macaulay

@red_eg I applied for a dual degree MLA/March. The email didn't stipulate whether I had been accepted to one or both, I assume I'll have to wait for the admissions package to arrive to get the rest of the details on that.

EDIT: If I were a betting man, I would assume that I am in at least to the MLA program, considering my undergraduate degree is in Landscape Architecture.

Mar 4, 14 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

@hakunamatata, @iematraveler: All the best for UMN

Mine still shows "Awaiting program decision".

Mar 4, 14 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

@zkile and @roshi, Ive applied to the M.Arch (Post professional) program at Cornell.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Mar 4, 14 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

im m.arch 1 professional 

Mar 4, 14 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

Just got admitted to Cornell's M.Arch II program with funding.

Emailed my professor who wrote the letter for me, and she replied "You're welcome, but don't go there. They suck". LOL wtf

Mar 4, 14 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

@darth_arch

For schools in the US, I applied to the exact same schools as you did

Wish good luck for both of us!

Mar 4, 14 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

@juxian. Congrats mate. My professors werent too keen on Cornell as well. But having applied, I hope they email me with their decision soon. I guess international students are intimated much later. 

Did you apply to the one with the specialization in Architecture + Urbanism?

Mar 4, 14 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

@darth_arch

Yes, Architecture + Urbanism, same for my application to SMARCH @ MIT.

Did you only apply to schools in the U.S.?

Mar 4, 14 10:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: