Archinect
anchor

GSD / Sci-Arch / AA / Bartlett / M.Arch waiting waiting waiting.for decision?

as22

@cedar

Nope, haven't heard anything from Michigan, and it's 5 in Michigan now, so I guess this week probably isn't going to happen.  I was super anxious all week waiting for an email, but I guess...more waiting.  Ugh though, this is so distracting, I wish I could just forget about it

Feb 28, 14 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts

I was sure Yale would send out yesterday or today. More waiting on that end toooo  -_-

Feb 28, 14 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
lataco

Last day of Feb and nothing heard from Yale ~!

Feb 28, 14 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

I spoke too soon. Just got an acceptance email from Michigan!

Feb 28, 14 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

I want my Yale email too!!!

Feb 28, 14 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

@Cedar Congrats! ME TOO!!! Way to wait till the last second, Michigan (it's ok, I forgive you).

Feb 28, 14 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Congrats you guys!!!

Feb 28, 14 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Good luck, you Yale folk.

Feb 28, 14 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
shep

I was so sure we were going to get a Yale email today. If you look at gradcafe, in 2012 and 2011 it looks like they sent them out at the end of the first week of March. 2013 was the only year the sent them out in February. So if I were a betting man, I would say that we get one 3/6 or 3/7.

Man. This is what my life has come to. Looking up gradschool trends on gradcafe. I need a hobby. 

Feb 28, 14 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
hanshen

just got an email from UMichigan.

Feb 28, 14 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Ugh I'm starting to get antsy. 

Feb 28, 14 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
hanshen

I was getting really anxious before the Umichigan email. That's one down, still got six more to wait for.

Feb 28, 14 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
remedios521

Got in Eugene UO! 4 more to go! 

Feb 28, 14 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Yay congrats @hakunamatata! I got my email from their Portland program!

Feb 28, 14 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
remedios521

thanks @iematraveler! You too! I thought receiving some news will make me a bit patient, actually now I am more impatient to hear from the others. So the waiting, and excessive gmail checking resumes...

Congrats to all! 

Feb 28, 14 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

Just got an email to UCLA March II. Im in to Hodgetts Suprastudio. No idea on funding yet. Now im just waiting on Columbia and GSD

Mar 1, 14 12:08 am  · 
 · 
etinoco
Congrats everyone! Glad to hear some schools are actually taking these acceptance letters seriously!
Mar 1, 14 12:41 am  · 
 · 
back_forth

Salemwitch, did u hear back from Uic or ucla yet?

Mar 1, 14 12:45 am  · 
 · 
etinoco
@Hp87 wow good memory. No I have not! Kind of annoyed to be honest, and bummed. Not sure what the hold up is...
Mar 1, 14 2:40 am  · 
 · 
Marina CM

We're entering March guys! I hope we receive some responses next week!!! I still haven't heard from any school...

Mar 1, 14 7:50 am  · 
 · 
WHEAT

I've waited for this month for six years, it's about gawdamn time! 

Mar 1, 14 10:02 am  · 
 · 
shte89

hey everyone!

Heard from sciarc last week but no word on funding yet..and from ucla over the weekend with a 23k scholarship! Sciarc was my first choice but ucla's offer is too good to ignore! dunno what i m going to do next.. does anyone know if sciarc actually gives scholarships for more than 10k? also still waiting for gsd and gsapp

Good luck to everyone here!

Mar 2, 14 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Perhaps hearing from GSD tomorrow??? Last year was between 3-4 and 2012 March 1st so fingers crossed! 

Mar 2, 14 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
spqr

I'm hoping so Hp87!

Mar 2, 14 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

@shte89 How did they send you scholarship information? Are you March I or II?

@Hp87 God i hope so! I am getting ulcers waiting for GSD and GSAPP

Mar 2, 14 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

@insomniarch, ulcers and sleepless nights indeed.

MIT's M.Arch admits seems to be out, no word about the Smarch decisions. Any tentative dates when MIT or the GSD and Cornell will send out their decisions?

Mar 3, 14 12:19 am  · 
 · 
lataco

It's Oscar Night~! That's all I know for now~!

Mar 3, 14 12:31 am  · 
 · 
shte89

@insomniarch

I am March 1 (3yrs) and they sent me an email with the departmental decision letter informing  me I have been awarded a fellowship. 

Mar 3, 14 2:10 am  · 
 · 
hershey11

Waiting for M.Arch II results. Applied to 9 universities as well.Goodluck everyone!

Mar 3, 14 2:20 am  · 
 · 
Marina CM

I live in Spain but I am controlling the US clock from the computer lol is anyone as obssesed as I am? lol

congratulations shte89!! where did you get into?

Mar 3, 14 8:20 am  · 
 · 
regina11

Congratulations to all who got admitted.

Mar 3, 14 10:00 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

Its 8.41 pm in India. And 10.11 am in Boston. Today is the 3rd of March. 

Decision time ?!  I am tempted to call the admissions office and enquire if they will send out the emails today. Then again, that wouldnt be cool. 

So torn..

Mar 3, 14 10:15 am  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

same here @ Marina CM .i thought only i was so obsessed with 2 clocks .

Mar 3, 14 10:18 am  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

darth_arch

where from india??

Mar 3, 14 10:21 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

Im currently in Bangalore. I assume you are one of my fellow countrymen. Which are the schools you have applied to ?

Mar 3, 14 10:26 am  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

from Mumbai .applied for 1st prof degree with civil engineering background .

Mar 3, 14 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Marina CM

darth_arch, I actually contacted MIT's admission office by email, but obviously they haven't answered. I couldn't control myself lol

Mar 3, 14 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

I kind of want to contact GSD and ask, they're not going to know who's calling :P

Mar 3, 14 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
shep

@Hp87

Call from a payphone. Just to be safe. 

Mar 3, 14 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
YVVNG
Lmaooo pay phones still work / exist ??
Mar 3, 14 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
ducroque

I wonder if it is possible to receive an acceptance letter from the school/program, which I didn't even apply to

Mar 3, 14 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

@hp87, just say you're reporting for archinect. It wouldn't be a lie. ;) (And tell us what they say!)

I feel a lot calmer having heard the news on Friday. Something about the way they had actually given me an announcement date in advance was making me especially crazy.

Mar 3, 14 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
Marina CM

please hp87 call, don't worry we will pay the payphone altogether hahaha :P

Mar 3, 14 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
shte89

@Marina CM

thank u!! got into ucla with scholarship and sciarc.  Now waiting for gsapp and gsd (as everyone else I think! )  So now its  2pm in Boston..When do we start losing hope ? :p

Mar 3, 14 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
hanshen

@shte89 i think they sent it out around 3pm last year. So let's wait and see?

Mar 3, 14 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

Ok i bit the bullet and called GSD. Told them I am leaving on vacation and wanted to know what date I should check online to see my application status....They responded with anytime between now and the second week of March. haha

Mar 3, 14 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

-__-

Mar 3, 14 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

@insomniarch Thanks for taking one for the team. I have the sneaking suspicion they have this thread up on a projector screen in Gund Hall laughing manically at our anxious hand-wringing. 

Based on previous years, I still have a good feeling that GSD's first wave of offers will come out today.

Mar 3, 14 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco

For a second just now, I thought I saw an acceptance letter in my email, but it ended up just being a reminder from ASU that They accepted me and to attend the open house... 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ kill me

Mar 3, 14 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

I'm sure you'll hear from more, @Salemwitch. It sounds like you applied to a diverse selection and most probably still haven't sent anything out.

Mar 3, 14 2:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: