Archinect
anchor

Grasshopper question...

tagalong

I've gone through the tutorials on how to change the size of a circle based on the distance it is from a given point...this i understand.

In the setup, the centers of these points that were the basis of the circles were laid out on a rectangular regularly spaced grid.

I am wondering how you might change the distance of the points on the grid by the distance it is from one or more points, thereby morphing the grid, and change the sizes of the circles base on the same or a different points at the same time.

Also, i've tried to influence the sizes of the circles by 2 different points by copying the first set of operations, assigning a new second point to the operation (dist) and then merging the two streams into the radius of the circle cnr.....but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks.

Mar 29, 09 7:35 pm

i was banging my head against the wall for a while on this same problem. i couldn't find a good solution.... one thing you can do is base your point grid on the UV curves of your surface, but then you have to manually manipulate the control points of the surface...

i hope someone has an answer....

to get two attractor points you can't just merge the streams, it has to pass through the Scale component for the first point, then feed it to the Scale component for the second point.

Mar 29, 09 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

maybe this helps:
http://dimitrie.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/multiple-attractors-revisited/

Mar 30, 09 7:54 am  · 
 · 
BrentJWatanabe

first I would visit this website:

http://groups.google.com/group/grasshopper3d?pli=1

To "deform" your point grid you need a few things:

You need to get the distance from the points in your grid to your "attractor/repulsor" points. You need a vector to move the points in.

You need to know what factor you want to move the grid of points closer/away from your attractor/repulsor points....

It's all the same princple as what you see on Dimitrie's example.

Mar 30, 09 8:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: