Archinect
anchor

Rhinoceros

Cranky Pantz

I am in need to learn rhino this summer. I want to take a class. Anyone know of any classes on rhino modeling given by universities or community colleges in the west coast areas?

Feb 26, 09 2:41 pm
zahoffman

I bought a book and played with the program and am slowly learning. A class would help but if you know AutoCAD pretty well you can pick up Rhino quickly.

Not suggesting against it, just saying you will learn a lot by playing. Also don't know of any classes per your question.

Feb 26, 09 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

my 10 year old sister learned it in a week you will be fine :)

maybe just sit with somebody already using it for the purpose you want to and that would be good enough.

what part of the west coast?

there is a rhino scripting class announced here: Sunday-Monday, March 29-30 Link

Feb 26, 09 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

don't lie anti... your sister came out of the womb with such knowledge ;)

Feb 26, 09 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
Cranky Pantz

I'm actually in las vegas, but i can accomodate for ca places if need be.

hmmm, Those workshops look not bad, but i'm looking for something more long term, more than a few hours; something more like a class. I'm actually considering the sunnyvale workshop

I'm in the middle of going through the first training manual page by page. but I want to get really good really fast.

Sketchup has held me prisoner for too long. SKETCHUP NO MORE!

Feb 26, 09 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

anti is partly right, rhino is quite easy and stable, i bought the visual tips and pick it up within a week... i think the real fun part is grasshopper, need more time to digest.

Feb 26, 09 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
archiwhat

I am a beginner too. If it's not your first program, then it's not necessary to learn it in class. It's easy and fun! Watch video-tutorials and that's it) I think it's possible to learn it in a few weeks.

Feb 27, 09 2:24 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes
www.rhino3d.tv

is your friend.

and don't forget you can ask any question on their newsgroup and get 24 hour help. news://news.rhino3d.com/rhino

Feb 27, 09 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

Are there any good books/tutorials that specifically target architects using Rhino? I'm looking for something more complex than the Barcelona Pavilion. I'm tempted to buy the BMW tutorial, but maybe there is something better.

Mar 8, 09 7:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: