Archinect
anchor

Vectorworks

megE

Anyone use it? Used it? Know anything about it?

I'm desperately trying to re-sequence the sign location numbers and it's completely ambiguous. Suggestions? I need some sort of logic order.

Feb 13, 09 10:23 am
LB_Architects

I haven't used V2009, so I'm not familiar with V2009. But does this help?
http://www.nemetschek.net/fundamentals/LP_FAQ.php

Feb 13, 09 11:36 am  · 
 · 
blah

It's a decent 2-d program for small to medium-sized projects. It has viewports but I don't think it does multiuser well.

You can make great looking drawings with it far easier than with Autocad.

Feb 13, 09 11:47 am  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

Make: Vectorworks definitely has "XRef" capability, so multiuser is also accommodated in Vectorworks. It is called "Workgroup References", but not a lot of people know about it.

Feb 13, 09 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
blah

It is accommodated but you don't have the power that Teamworks has in Archicad. You're right but it isn't as robust as Archicad for working on large projects.

Feb 13, 09 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
innes

i agree w/ make's comment. it's more graphically oriented - what you're looking at on screen is an approximation of the actual drawing as it would be printed, unlike autocad.

Feb 13, 09 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
blah

I can make much better looking drawings in less time in VW than Autocad. I teach Autocad. Autocad takes more steps to do somethings.

Feb 13, 09 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: