Archinect
anchor

Google Chrome

mightylittle™

[prologue]
i need to think about something other than politics for an hour or two...here goes...
[/prologue]

Google Chrome

who has it, who uses it, who is pushing it to the extremes?

Get it here...Windows only.

for those not familiar with it yet...it's The Google's newly available web browser. currently only for windows, but mac and linux are on the way. just released in beta on tuesday.

i put it on my laptop and so far i like it...i am a real firefox fanboy, but firfox has gone belly up on my PC and chrome seems fast and clean...kind of like FF when it was working.

damn. i need to get my old PC slicked and restored, but the backup process is annoying me to no end. aargh.

Sep 4, 08 2:50 pm
MArch n' unemployed

ah yes, a distraction - thanks mightylittle!

i watched all the feature videos and it looked mildly impressive. like you im a firefox lover, although i think the updates have made it more buggy not less. i'd be curious to hear some more from chrome users. im too lazy at the moment to make a full switch

Sep 4, 08 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Workshop B

I cant get back to my homepage on chrome, the rest seems to work well so far

Sep 4, 08 3:31 pm  · 
 · 

I am on a mac so no chance to test it out.
The general reaction seems to be that while a decent first attempt needs work.
It seems to be a memory hog compared to firefix even though it works (no surprises) quite well/fast with Google apps..

Sep 4, 08 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
designBandit

It looks nice. I'm waiting till they get out the major bugs so I don't get hacked!

Sep 10, 08 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

just downloaded it yesterday and so far i really like it.

i too am a firefox fan but lately it had been acting up (freezing the computer, etc.). internet explorer was painfully slow. chrome loads prages pretty quickly.

so far so good.

Jan 26, 09 9:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: