Archinect
anchor

UN Studio / Working in Amsterdam

Is there anyone here currently working in Amsterdam with UN Studio? There is a good possibility I'll be beginning the trainee program in summer. I'm looking for someone to ask questions to regarding housing, expected expenses, other logistical issues, etc. Please e-mail me if you're willing to trade a few e-mails. Thanks.

Apr 16, 08 12:04 am
alucidwake

im not doing this but i have some questions as i'm thinking about this for next summer.

what is their "training" program like?
how long is it for?
what will you be doing?
is it paid?

what year are you in school?
graduate? undergraduate?
how unbelievably kick ass is your portfolio (honestly)?

good luck this summer! i'm totally jealous!!!

Apr 16, 08 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

un studio "trainee program" = trainee = intern/stagiaire.
5-6 month internship
325 euros/mn.

Apr 16, 08 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
la delft

A few friends of mine have recently moved there too. In my friends' case, a studio apt of around 20m2( near Albert Cyupmarkt ) is of around 850 euro per month.

You can also check out websites, like kamernet.nl, kamertje.nl, marktplaats.nl (<click Woningen | Huur) or even duwo.nl, if you prefer places to share with other ppl. For housing agent, you may try http://www.rotsvast.nl/ ...... Hope this helps.

alucidwake: they love Rhino. There are exceptional cases but generally speaking.. rhino!

Apr 16, 08 4:01 pm  · 
 · 

850 for 20sqm is on the high side of things. if you don't mind house sharing you can find 20sqm rooms for 400-500.

Apr 16, 08 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
fine line

How difficult is it to get a visa from the UK?
And would knowledge of RhinoScript be valuable?
Thinking about this in the future as well, so thanks for all the information.

Apr 17, 08 6:23 am  · 
 · 
usernametaken

if you are actually paying 850 euros for 20sqm in Amsterdam, you are getting ripped off. No doubt about that.

Apr 17, 08 7:05 pm  · 
 · 

you don't need a visa from the uk, - EU.

Apr 18, 08 2:45 am  · 
 · 
alucidwake

sorry to bump a dead post but i'm still really interested in this. does anyone have any more info about the un studio intern program?

May 16, 08 12:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: