Archinect
anchor

2009 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

GreenPen

georgev - "For some reason I think that early applications at Pratt get reviewed later."
I'm tending to agree. I sent my app back in early December and still haven't heard a peep. Perhaps they review them by degree - which program did you apply for? I'm waiting on MSAUD.

Mar 19, 09 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
george

I applied for March 1, Which is really weird because i sent out my application in October! So if I'm right haha, I'd have to know by next week. Their orientation is April 6. I have friends that already heard though. Atleast 4 of my friends got in.

Mar 19, 09 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
_juut

anyone doing harvard reception at OMA and columbia the same weekend? maybe we can coordinate.

Mar 19, 09 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
d33s5

I applied late to Pratt for MArch I (around mid-February) and was accepted on the first day they sent anything out--I guess that corroborates your suspicion.

Mar 19, 09 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
thedudeabides

wow i thought this post was to commiserate not celebrate? just kidding, CONGRATS everyone.

Did anyone else get an e-mail from penn today asking for your phone number/ contact number? I thought it was a little odd. (I am totally serious about this btw).

Mar 19, 09 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
Matthew

Anybody going to Yale open house from NYC wanna share a car - I might rent a Scion? Otherwise I'm doing Metro-North.

Mar 19, 09 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
GiantClam

_juut:

I'm doing GSAPP April1 & GSD April 3 Open Houses, and will also be attending the April 10th OMA thing. I am pretty nervous about the Harvard Party, but I think it'll be a once in a lifetime kinda opportunity.

Mar 19, 09 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

thedudeabides- my friend got that email... guess they either a) misplaced stuff or b) giving you all hints on who they want to contact. dunno.

Mar 19, 09 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
import

has anyone received finaid/scholarship info from Yale yet? hoping to get something by the end of the week...

Mar 19, 09 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
SCH+ARC

Just received my package from Cornell M.Arch II... anyone else thinking of accepting?

Mar 19, 09 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
Karch

anybody got email about requesting phone number from UPENN? This Makes me nervous....,because that is my last chance.

Mar 19, 09 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
ckmca

Karch and thedude - i got that email too. Im taking it as a good thing but if everyone got it, it means less.

I'm not going to hold my breath, although i am hoping for a call tomorrow.

Mar 19, 09 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
sakurani

Has anyone waitlisted for MIT or GSD?

Mar 19, 09 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
neilyoungisforlovers

waitlisted at Cornell M.Arch I via postal in NY... anyone know the likelihood of getting in?

Mar 19, 09 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
thisisck

MFC, im driving up to yale.

Mar 19, 09 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
Fraggle

hmmm I applied to UPENN and didn't get that email about wanting my phone number. I'm guessing thats probably a bad thing that I didn't get the email. :(

Mar 19, 09 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
kaywris

do we think GSD is done?

Mar 19, 09 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
finB

I also got the UPenn email, hopefully is a good thing.I am overseas so I tought that was the problem

Mar 19, 09 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
arkitect.wannabe

theglow:

im actually planning to take the night bus and get to syracuse by 6am haha its gonna be so painful. and then taking the 5:30pm bus back to toronto.

are you going for sure?? do u know how many ppl got accepted this year?

Mar 19, 09 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
jimmyarch

I was accepted to the University of British Columbia and the University of Washington (Seattle) today. :)

The tally so far:

Columbia GSAPP: IN
Yale: Out
UVA: Out
Maryland: Out
UW Seattle: IN
UBC: IN
GSD: ?
Toronto: ?
Berkeley: ?

Mar 19, 09 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
_juut

does anyone want to sell berkeley to me, over harvard and columbia?

Mar 19, 09 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
never nude

a friend got a call from one of the associate profs at harvard earlier today. it was just to see if he had any questions about the program/open house, but a nice gesture nonetheless. the guy was already accepted. so prepare questions, a call may be coming your way.

Mar 19, 09 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
jipster

got into u of cincinnati today with 12k scholarship for year 1... woo hoo...

told my 5th grade class...they clapped, very cute...

u of c: in
uva: waitlisted
ut: out
risd: ?? prob not
gsd: ?? prob not

Mar 19, 09 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
di-c

congrats jimmyarch~

I think i'm ready to send in my deposit for the gsd...i just can't imagine other schools offering a better fin aid package. plus, it's been my dream school since career discovery in '02...

anyone out there have any suggestions on cambridge/gsd housing? i don't mind roommates...but i'm thinking for my first year, it may just be better to live closer on campus. also i'm abroad so i don't think i'm going to be able to visit and see for myself. any insights? advice?

i remember from career disco how uncomfortable the gropius rooms were...graduate housing isn't like that, right??

Mar 19, 09 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
Roarkschach

gropius, uncomfortable space? NEVER!

Mar 19, 09 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
di-c

haha...

yeah, it was summer, so i guess even more so. I remember having to wake up in the middle of the night and plaster yards of wetted paper towels on my body and blast the fan to get any wink of sleep.

aaah...it was still a good summer though

Mar 19, 09 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
inigojonesin

di-c did you get into yale?

Mar 19, 09 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
di-c

nah...flat out reject.

Mar 19, 09 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
aa11

5f2b , I am in Los Angeles as well.

Mar 19, 09 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
sakurani

I hope at least I can hear from all schools I applied.. no more miserable weekends.....

Mar 20, 09 2:15 am  · 
 · 

@di-c

I am similarly decided towards the GSD. Go pats! Haha, no seriously, I have seen some pretty opulent grad housing at Harvard-- comfort wouldn't be my first priority.

Mar 20, 09 2:26 am  · 
 · 
batdinger

I am also leaning towards GSD...have you given any thought on housing yet? Dorms and apartments are all very pricey and about similar price range...

Mar 20, 09 2:36 am  · 
 · 
batdinger

di-c and 10

Don't know if you guys have seen this thread yet but...
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=56492_0_42_0_C

Mar 20, 09 2:45 am  · 
 · 
tarheelbred

Just got the UCLA rejection, email link to website

Not surprised at this point, but kind of annoyed the letter is dated February 26 and they didn't mail or post it until today (I've checked)

Mar 20, 09 8:50 am  · 
 · 
collinrobertanderson

Just received the Yale rejection via email. Thank you, Yale, for dragging me through an extra week of false hope.

Mar 20, 09 9:57 am  · 
 · 
mikylee

gsarch: it looks like you won the battle for that last spot at Yale...

Mar 20, 09 10:02 am  · 
 · 
nomadzilla

IN: UMichigan (Tuition waived + GSRA)
OUT: UCBerkeley
Waiting on: MIT, UW-Seattle, UBC, Carleton

Mar 20, 09 10:08 am  · 
 · 
cartagena7

Rejected from GSAPP AAD via web.

Mar 20, 09 10:22 am  · 
 · 
mikylee

I guess we both lost the battle....that's too bad!! we would have made great students!

Mar 20, 09 10:27 am  · 
 · 

di-c, cognacdipped,

I am originally from Cambridge so have a number of possibilities as far as housing is concerned.

I will probably be staying near Inman Square, with some roommates. Not sure exactly which spot so unsure whether 2 roommates or 3 will be needed.

You should probably check out Craigslist, anything near Inman Square or Porter Square would be good if you had a bike (5mins).

Mar 20, 09 10:34 am  · 
 · 
n400

Someone on gradcafe got accepted to UF via e-mail yesterday. Are you out there? Anyone else get that e-mail?

Mar 20, 09 10:37 am  · 
 · 
miro.m

I didn't post on grad cafe, but I did get an email yesterday from UF w/ a really generous scholarship and teaching assistanship.

Mar 20, 09 10:47 am  · 
 · 
kaysc

i was the one who posted on gradcafe about UF... got an email from the graduate program assistant yesterday

Mar 20, 09 11:29 am  · 
 · 
la_la

rejected from UCLA this morning, i guess i expected it at this point - stings because i live less than 2 miles from there though... :( come on USC!

Mar 20, 09 11:39 am  · 
 · 
stuzzzzie

Got a package from UW Seattle yesterday, in.

Mar 20, 09 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
n400

ok thanks

Mar 20, 09 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
andimdone

nomadzilla: how do you know you got rejected from berkeley? This is the first rejection from UCB I have heard so far.

Mar 20, 09 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
andimdone

and has anyone who got into UW gotten any financial aid yet? How did you receive notification on such aid? mail? email?

Mar 20, 09 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
ArchiMoMo

Did anyone get a decision from rice or git?

Mar 20, 09 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
hobopajamas

i have been neither rejected nor accepted to berkeley-
still in limbo.

nomadzilla, i have the same question as andimdone.
how were you notified of your rejection?

Mar 20, 09 12:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: