Archinect
anchor

White People Like Architecture

Jah is my Co-pilot

Its a fact...

Feb 22, 08 2:41 pm
xtbl

ha ha ha, that's funny. i came across this yesterday browsing through music blogs.

Feb 22, 08 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

'Also of note, white people love big books about architecture. So if you need to get one a gift, this always goes over well because it makes them feel smart without having to read too much'

so true....so true

Feb 22, 08 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

from number 36: breakfast places:

In white person law, if you meet someone at 80s night and then go out for breakfast the next morning, then you are automatically in a relationship. There are no exceptions.

Feb 22, 08 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

architects like white people

Feb 22, 08 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl
Feb 22, 08 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

it's a funny blog, but he could have just said "trendy snobs"
but i guess "white people" is more like comedy central

Feb 22, 08 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
n_

That website just confirmed my total whiteness.

Feb 22, 08 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

that really is funny...

Feb 22, 08 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, i'm not caucasian, but according to that website, i am pretty "white".

Feb 22, 08 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

asians like architecture, indie rock, sushi, and apple products

Feb 22, 08 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I love that blog. I just found it the other day.

Also, just posted: #73 - Gentrification

Feb 22, 08 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
THuh

"dread are the controller" I hear you!! Same boat! I love NPR danged!! Why cant I just be me and love NPR....when I do listen to it anyways....I prefer my local classical radio station while driving...lol

Feb 22, 08 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I'm a lot less white than I thought I was. My friends all think I'm brown anyway.

Feb 22, 08 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

blah...only a white people would write such schlock

Feb 22, 08 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

ha... no wonder i hate to hear ppl say they love architecture.... cos they remind me of the white ppl... ha.

Feb 22, 08 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

strangely enough i was at a career fair for a uni, and i looked around at all of the whiteness and i realized something, i hate white people and architects. well, i just hate the look over your nose types, they suck ass and remind me of when i was a dirt poor kid and they all had money....

Feb 22, 08 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

its morning in a amerika beta!

Feb 22, 08 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

I have been hatin' on whitey for years.

Feb 23, 08 12:00 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i think this is why i like coming here and i like most of the archinecteurs; we seem to be somewhat "fringe" people...

Feb 23, 08 3:01 am  · 
 · 

judging from the number of people who have TOLD me they thought they could be great architects (and you know you've heard it, too) i think that this is universal, not white: The reason white people love architecture so much is that deep down they believe that they could have been a great architect.

Feb 23, 08 7:54 am  · 
 · 
Mirin

that website puts everything i have read or will read on this website in a totally different (white) light.

Feb 23, 08 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
aldorossi

Meta:

Yo dogg, when I'm hating on whitey, I don't make any distinctions. Whitey is whitey is whitey.

Too easy for y'all to pass.

Feb 23, 08 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

aldorossi,
Why are you being a dick?I have to say that is pretty offensive. When I, personally', 'hate on whitey', I mean that i hate on a kind of pervasive cultural problem intrinisic within a caste system-based oppressive condition that affects many (aside from there "actual" skin color). I think some might see the humor in my original bucolic ,counter-culture 60's humorous comment about "whitey" (perhaps not).Whatever, I suppose getting all "racial" here would be passe as we are all smarter than all that.....can't lead to good things, and being from poor white (and black) roots, I know better than to trip.

Feb 23, 08 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
iamsam

also, if you sing any rendition of journey and/or queen/ some styx with another person, you are automatically bonded

Feb 24, 08 1:57 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

That website is brilliant, I never truely realized just how white I am...

Mar 1, 08 11:28 am  · 
 · 

apparently, asian people like rice. maybe they'll like architecture, too, in one of the future entries.

white people, defend your throne...

Mar 11, 08 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I don't find the asian blog as funny as the white blog for one simple reason: I'm not asian, I'm white.

Mar 11, 08 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
AAKWEKS

Now lets get real. White people stole and molested almost the entirety of America and Canada and all that they have accomplished is an environmental and economical mess. Not to say anywhere else is better. The so called Whitey also oppresses and fucks with his own people too with ridiculous laws and taxes and bladetyfuckin'blah. lets not be naive, whitey is not white people, don't be that racist. It is the capitalistic greed that they invented and breed and all races are in that gang, but whitey is sure running that shit.

And who doesn't like rice?

Mar 11, 08 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

There really is a "white person" though, I believe that blog hits the "white person" stereotype perfectly.

What your describing Liquid is "The Man", who is no longer just White.

Mar 11, 08 11:30 pm  · 
 · 

word, apu!

Mar 12, 08 2:00 am  · 
 · 

the guy who started the white people blog was on the radio and opined that the site's satire is funny and surprising because, while black, asian, indian, and other races are examined, analyzed, satirized, their characteristics exaggerated/stereotyped all the time, for the most part white people's quirkiness - probably because white males, especially, have historically been equal to 'the man' - has gone largely unexamined. that's why the site.

that's why the asian/rice entry is less funny or surprising. it's a tired old stereotype that doesn't bring anything new to the conversation about race.

Mar 12, 08 7:16 am  · 
 · 
AAKWEKS

so were here to make fun of whiteys quirky bowties, funny glasses and baldspot, ha ha thats way mo' fun than hating.

Mar 12, 08 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: