Archinect
anchor

Dattner Architects

arclem

Has anyone worked for or interviewed with Dattner Architects in NYC. I would love any input. Thanks.

Oct 23, 07 1:39 pm
Living in Gin

They've had good things said about them on insidearch.org, and I know some people who work there.

Office is about 70 people and growing, and from what I know, it's a pretty casual environment. Good variety of projects (lots of transit and infrastructure work, but also some multi-family housing, non-profit work, educational, and commercial projects). In terms of design, it's usually not starchitect material, but it's consistently good quality. Junior-level staff seem to be given the opportunity to sink or swim on their own, and are encouraged to take the initiative. Probably not the place for somebody who needs a lot of babysitting or micromanaging.

From what I gather, the biggest complaint is the office itself. Although it's in a cool building in a good location, the firm is rapidly outgrowing the space and things are severely cramped. My friends at the firm have heard occasional rumors that the firm is considering a move to larger digs, but that stuff takes a while to happen.

Oct 23, 07 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: