Archinect
anchor

what's the deal with...

I am really quiet curious as to the marketing departments for these deodorant and perfume companies. I don't care what you say but it doesn't smell fresh nor does it remind me of love, lust or baby powder

I would rather they call it what it really reminds of, it smells like;

a whore's purse
day old garbage
rotten cabbage
etc, etc, etc

I'm wearing something right now that claims to smell like Jasmin but instead curiously has the odor of wet grass

Oct 12, 07 7:28 pm
binary

gotta rock the oils man.....

sandel wood
frankensense
nubian musk..

thats some playa' stuff right there'

b

Oct 12, 07 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

what's the deal with...

bland rock-n-roll?
nickelback, creed...i just don't get it. i don't even think it should be called rock-n-roll when compared with likes of the mc5 or guns-n-roses or even poison for that matter.

Oct 13, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
boxy

i like saying "quiet curious". those words go together well.

Oct 13, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

What's the deal with EVERY cashier at department stores offering you a store credit card because you'll get a huge bonus the first day you use it? i know - I've already shopped at kid's clothing, cosmetics, and housewares and each time I've told you I KNOW about the discount and I still DON'T want another credit card! Leave me alone already!

*Note I usually don't shop at deparment stores and this is one of many reasons why. Today was a Macy's Shop for a Cause day and I bought the coupon for it from a neghbor's kid's school fundraiser. Man I hate shopping.

Oct 13, 07 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Talking about weird smells, every Macy's I've been in has had some sort of weird stale-ish chemical-ish smell to their dressing rooms. It is really off-putting.

Also, I'm recently learning that Chicago radio excels at bland rock. It's amazing how terrible the radio is here, especially contrasted with the many good band that have actually come from here. The majority of what they play on the radio here dates from about 1994. That should tell you something.

Oct 14, 07 12:58 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

you should listen to wnur and wluw, which used to be good but may be degooded by a wbez takeover.

Oct 14, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

I've worked in enough stores to know that most of the time, the cashier is asking if you'd like a credit card either because they receive an incentive to do so, or because their manager demands it.

At Macy's, the cashier gets $4 for every new account they open. Sometimes, they get $8 (they do this one week a year).

Every Old Navy store has daily/monthly new account quotas. If you don't meet quota, you have to hear your manager bitch about it at closing time every night.

I hated asking people if they wanted to open an account, and I never did it.

Oct 14, 07 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

wbez is my least favorite public radio station of any city I've lived in so far. This includes 5 first or second market cities. It is astounding how bad the radio is in this town. My boyfriend was a DJ for a long time in Baton Rouge--not known for its stylin' music scene--and the radio there was STILL better than the radio here. It's insanely bad.

Oct 14, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

theres this thing called the internets that allows you to listen to music from all over the place. i am listening to vermont public radio's classical music station right now as i am at the office and cant watch football. i will be home soon though. the station i really learned to hate is wxrt chicago's finest rock which is just fucking commercials, an occasional wilco song yay! and then eric clapton(everything except his good stuff) and dave matthews etc. and then lemme jump out the fucking window already.

Oct 14, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Oh yeah that one is BAD. Q101 is awful awful awful though too. Geez how can you even pick them apart...

I listen to mostly K... something something out of Seattle which plays great indie and a similar station I love from San Diego, and then I just stream the individual NPR shows I want. Haven't found a good classical station yet--what's the name of the one in Vermont?

I stream almost all the time at work/home but when we are in the car we have no choice. :( Also I don't have speakers for my computer yet so it is tough to hear at home and I miss being able to just turn on the radio and get something decent.

Oct 14, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 

this one's pretty good for classical, myriam: wuol. wait, though. this is pledge week.

Oct 14, 07 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

with your car registration expiring on a day when the dmv is closed?

Oct 15, 07 7:51 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

...the paint store guy asking you in one breath if he can help you, and you say yes, and in the same breath he says can you wait one moment?

Oct 15, 07 8:24 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Its weird about the radion in Chicago - around 1994 it was prob one of the best areas for radio - then Texas and Cali based conglomerates bought up all the stations and made it sound like asshole USA

Oct 15, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 
vado retro
wluw
Oct 15, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Dude, you should try visiting some arabian country.

Over here they use so much , the perfume smell generally arrives a few minutes before the person arrives.

Oct 16, 07 7:27 am  · 
 · 
ether

michigan drivers. they're awful.

Oct 16, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: