Archinect
anchor

CAD 2004 help......wtf

binary

so i try to draw past the 0,0 on in model space and i get this icon on the cursor that wont let me drag/draw past that limit....wtf..... i tried to look for the limits option and not sure if it's just a setting i have to turn off.....

prolly a simple but cant find the option/etc

b

Oct 7, 07 3:53 pm
el jeffe

type "limits" and set the two boundary corners way farrrrr away.
also try a zoom extents.

Oct 7, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
binary

ok.......

also i have to draw in metric to match up some heights in meters....well, cant find the metric option for unit settings.....just decimals....... but thats still in imperial......

conversions suck.......always gonna be some sort of error...

b

Oct 7, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

yeah..have that problem alot, but it went away when I switched to 2007, so they must've unbugged it.. [z,e] repeatedly works but sometimes not, intermittently... opening and closing the file also helps

Oct 7, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hey cryz you're typically resourceful, have you checked the ACAD message boards? typically this kind of stuff has been gone over ad naseum....

Oct 7, 07 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Good suggestion beta - the Autodesk discussion forums helped me out of many a jam. You can search the forums by year of software you are using, too, which helps. Good luck cryzko!

Oct 7, 07 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
binary

hahahaha.... thanks.... i didnt think of that...... since i'm in the coffee house and the connection is slow here, i dont surf much...haha....

i'll check it when i get back home.....

luckily i just need the height of 3 meters to coincide with the other "units"..... the rest is imperial/feet/..... since it'll be built in the states

b

Oct 7, 07 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
jjh

i have had to work in meters quite a bit. you set your units decimals and start drawing. i usually work in millimeters so you have to scale your drawing 25.4 to make things right. once you start using metric you will hate drawing in imperial units.

Oct 7, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

on the metric thing - being a former carpenter, I love fractions. 1/3 will always be more precise than .333333333333333333333333 any day.

Oct 8, 07 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
binary

yeah, at the other shop i get measurements in decimals when using my tape measure and then on top of that thye end up in 1/64th incriments...wtf....... i can cut wood close but wtf...make the dims at least to the 1/16th at the smallest..

b

Oct 8, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: