Archinect
anchor

looking to build up my library/samples

binary

i'm working on building up my samples library and looking for tiles/hardware/metals/woods.....

so if anyone wants to share a few of the distributors/companies they think are doing some hott stuff, that would help me out a little....

so far i just have catalogs from metal suppliers and a few polycarb items......

b

Sep 27, 07 11:27 pm
holz.box

pilkington, 3form, trespa, fincoply, talk to the copper.org guys, and get zahner or someone else to send you some nice metal samples...

Sep 28, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

one of my favorite samples i received is from smacna. it looks like a pocket knife, but all the "blades" are sheet metal samples in different gauges. if you ever want to know the physical difference between using a 16 or a 22 ga steel, it's very handy.

Sep 28, 07 8:46 am  · 
 · 
marmkid

how did you recieve a sample from smacna? that sounds cool and i want one

Sep 28, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

get in touch with your state smacna representative. ask for samples. if he doesn't know what you're talking about, describe it to him. i recommend a call rather than an email. they're a little tough to come by.

that and my usg binder are my two most frequently referenced items in my library.

Sep 28, 07 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

In addition to plyboo (bamboo) there's palm "plyboard" (www.durapalm.com). MY sample of 3/4" 7-ply (minimum 1/16" veneers) had some small surface checks, but they seem to have closed in the damp weather. Sort of like lumbercore. Cool-looking and hard. . .

Sep 28, 07 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

Heath Ceramics in Sausalito, CA manufacture some of the most beautiful tiles I've ever seen (pricey though)...

Sep 30, 07 2:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: