stories...thoughts...

Sep 27, 07 5:26 pm
holz.box

half of my school works there, i think.

i hear the pay is really good.

Sep 27, 07 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

Good pay, huge office spread over several floors in a downtown high-rise.

The quality of work depends largely on the studio you're in - I know one guy that worked there for several years doing nothing but WaMu interiors. Others I've known are heavily involved in high end retail/hospitality projects and get to travel quite a bit to Hawaii, etc.

I've known a few people that worked there right out of undergrad and saved significant amounts of cash for grad school - it's a pretty good weigh station in that capacity...

If you're gonna go macro corporate in Seattle and still want to do ok work - Callison, NBBJ, and LMN would be the ones to check out.

Sep 27, 07 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
thexm

a little bit off story but does anyboyd know about the work environment(people, salary etc...) of the miller/hull partnership and Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects? thx

Sep 27, 07 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

Miller|Hull does some decent work, but IMO their aesthetic has gotten a bit tired over the years. Pretty casual atmosphere, but I don't think they pay very well and I've known a couple people that have been laid off.

OSKA is a great office (especially if you can work with Tom).

Sep 28, 07 8:40 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

OSKA's got management issues. they were hurting in the project manager area a few months ago and some people kept bailing ship.
and yeah, miller|hull seems to be in a rut, design wise, but they do strong work.

Sep 28, 07 11:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: