I'd toss his salad

Sep 6, 07 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Click and Clack

Sep 6, 07 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i can't stand them and their dumbass chowderhead laughs.

i would toss neither of their salads.

Sep 6, 07 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mighty

can you please tell us all the best way to toss a salad

Sep 6, 07 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
binary

ee bork eee bork eee skippy dooo
ee bork bork eeee bork bork eeeee bork bork bork

comhere chicky chicky

Sep 6, 07 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

fuck NPR.
here is the Al Jazeera newscaster. I'd toss more than a salad for her.

Sep 6, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™
Perhaps like this?
Sep 6, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

You got to becarefull when tossing Salads.....

you never know when you might get one of these

Sep 6, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
n_

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Sep 6, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Is this some kind of response to all the breast feeding talk on the Eames chair thread? Are you guys feeling the need to be macho?!?!? ;-)

Be good or I'll start posting nude pics of Ewan McGregor, and nearly nude of Brad.

Sep 6, 07 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

when they start looking this good, call me...

Sep 6, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

my oh my beta, you sure have eclectic taste.

Sep 6, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
obelix
Sep 6, 07 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

al jazeera is the first news channel where the weather reporter has given me a hard-on

Sep 6, 07 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Xina:

(warrior princess)

Sep 6, 07 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

KAI RYSSDAL ARE YOU TRYING TO SEDUCE ME?!

Sep 6, 07 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

stephanie I was just coming on here to post Kai Ryssdal and you beat me to it! I have the most ridiculous intellectual crush on him!

Sep 6, 07 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I want to post a picture of Terry Gross because she's my favorite.

Quite honestly, I'm too lazy to look for a picture of her, upload it on my Photobucket site, then copy and paste the tag into a comment.

This is where a Terry Gross photo would go if I wasn't lazy:

X

Sep 6, 07 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

BOB EDWARDS I MISS YOUR VOICE AND THAT COME HITHER CREEPY HALF SMILE STARE!

Sep 6, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

GOOGLE IMAGES HER!
it is fun because on the first page of images there also is a picture of a honey bear bong!

Sep 6, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I should also post that I got in a big discussion the other day about:

STEVE INKSY.

We were trying to decide if it was Steve Inksy, StevEN Ski, Steve Inskep, or Steve Hinksy. Think about it folks.

Sep 6, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
n_

honey bear bong = terry gross

Sep 6, 07 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

WK,
i know, i rarely get to hear Kai Ryssdal's hot tips, but i did today and this thread reminded me of how much i love him. I never knew what he looked like until today.
I have meny other NPR crushes, so now i have to commence my google imaging.

Sep 6, 07 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i always thought it was steve inskeep

Sep 6, 07 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

my #1 NPR crush of all times is IRA GLASS, i feel almost embarassed to admit that last night i spent too much time looking at pictures of him on myspace. here is one that i took when i saw him in the flesh at sundance.

Sep 6, 07 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I thought it was Steve Inskeep too!

When I got out here to USC, I stalked the Annenberg School of Communications table at the job fair. I point-blank asked the guy if there were any job openings at the Marketplace studio. He didn't know, but I am still debating the merits of just showing up at the studio and asking for a job because it's my favorite show.

Sep 6, 07 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Yes, Steve Inskeep.

I, too, have a crush on Ira Glass.

Sep 6, 07 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

WK that is so funny!
what does steve inskeep look like?
i was just disappointed by image results of both ira flatow (science friday is one of my favorites!) and peter sagal.
i'm moving on to more productive things for the evening.
i love NPR geeks!

Sep 6, 07 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
archtopus

My recent favorites: Robert Krulwich and Jad Abumrad of Radio Lab.

Sep 6, 07 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

AH YES archtopus I LOVE THAT SHOW. Can't wait till new episodes come out!!!!!!!! Ahhh, Jad... you have such a great voice.

Lakshmi Singh looks absolutely NOTHING like I ever in my wildest dreams imagined her to look. Her look does not match her voice at all. Don't kill me, but she actually looks like a sort of chubby child wearing makeup and a wig. What the heck? That must be a bad picture.

Sep 6, 07 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Steve INSKEEP.

No need to look hard when all the faces are here.

Sep 6, 07 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

IM BACK.
recently jad abumrad has replaced the in my heart the spot where ira glass
but they aren't really NPR, are they?

OH JAD.
i also spent far too much time looking at pictures of his life here.

god i feel like a creepy creeperton

Sep 6, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

yes they are just as much NPR as TAL is. They are a show produced with public funding and aired on public affiliate stations, just like TAL.

Sep 6, 07 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i got sooooo tired of ira when i lived in chicago. bez pulled him out for every pledge/bake sale. and although the show is good, he is whiny and will be andy rooney someday. steve inskeep is a hoosier but he is smug and sucks. i like insky however. but, my favorite radio personality is Chuck Merz the bitter blind broke host of ThIsIsHeLl! an excellent political show that also features a weekly hangover cure.

Sep 6, 07 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

truth. i guess since it is not aired on my local station doesn't make it any more or less NPR.

Sep 6, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Ugh, to think Ira could become Andy Rooney...it's like Andy will never die!

Sep 6, 07 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i know i won't be cuz i trimmed my eyebrows just yesterday morning. ear hair too!

Sep 6, 07 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
obelix

Miss Information

Hurt me, edit me, make me feel cheap...

Sep 6, 07 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Does anyone live in the range of WAMC out of Albany, NY? I hated that station and Alan Chartock's locally-produced hegemony over the national feeds. I'm so glad I have WBUR now...its heaven.

Sep 6, 07 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thank you, ladies, for stepping up with all the pictures of men.

I too have a huge NPR crush on Ira Glass. I once saw him and Terry Gross together - heaven. But they are extremely different in scale.

Sep 6, 07 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Hey! Most of these people have faces for radio.

Sep 7, 07 12:08 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I live in WAMC range and have managed to actually make my car radio dial skip over it.

Worst public radio station ever.

In LA I loved KCRW when I first got to town, but soon Ruth Seymour and all her cultural commentators made me want to gouge my ears. Anybody but Fwances Anderton

This thread is a little dangerous to read. My wife and I always try and hold out as long as we can without checking to see what the good people at NPR actually look like. Ira was my first disappointment, but then we went to see him talk, she was disappointed to discover that Nick Harcourt

looks like a drowned rat.

So for now, Slyvia Pugoli remains the silken throated woman of mystery who always knows how to pronounce Berlusconi the right way.

Sep 7, 07 1:39 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

So here's a better picture of Lakshmi Singh:

Also I was reading her bio and - newsflash! - Lakshmi is hispanic. Her mother is Puerto Rican and her dad was from Trinidad. I'm not sure what I thought she was but hispanic did not cross my mind.

Sep 7, 07 1:48 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

yes wonderK, her dad is from Trinidad, but of Indian descent (Lakshmi is a common indian first name and singh is a indian last name)...and her mom is hispanic...she has such a powerful voice....

Sep 7, 07 4:14 am  · 
 · 

corey flintoff

another picture that doesn't live up to the voice...or the name.

Sep 7, 07 6:57 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh i went out on a date with a woman who has a show on the local indy npr station. it was quite a boring date. also, the npr station in indy really likes to keep me up to speed on nascar. wtf? its always nice to get the nascar standings and results in between those stories on hybrid cars and global warming.

Sep 7, 07 7:31 am  · 
 · 
4arch

Snigdha Prakash

I don't think she's been on in a while though.

Sep 7, 07 8:06 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

these people all have faces for radio...

Sep 7, 07 8:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: