Archinect
anchor

NPR reporter pic of the day

4arch

treekiller, I believe you are referring to Snigdha Prakash whose image I already posted above. sorry for bursting your bubble.

Sep 7, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

in related news, Thom Mayne advertises on 89.9 KCRW

Sep 7, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

not npr but melissa theuriau of LC1 in france... why can't keith olberman look more like her?

Sep 7, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
sandmansd

i like the phrase "a block from my crib"

brings up such fond memories

i just heard someone say "how on google earth..."

...and couldn't help but bust up laughing

Sep 7, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
obelix
Sep 8, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my fave BrOaDcAsTeR!

Sep 8, 07 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Go Howard, go!

Sep 8, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

so i was telling my friend about this trhead and he illuminated that a friend of a friend is nina totenberg's niece and she has a babg with a pictue of nina on it that she calls her 'nina totenbag' how funny is that?!!?

yes i am drunk posting.

Sep 9, 07 4:19 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

I love Nina Totenbag. Did you know she brought discussion of Clarence Thomas's pubic hair to the public?

Sep 9, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

warren olney

Sep 9, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Upon hearing Micheal Silverblatt I would bolt from my chair and run across the room to turn off the radio. Sweet Jesus, who would ever let that man do a show the SECOND time.

Sep 9, 07 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Olney's earns my ire as well for giving Fwances a full time job.

Sep 9, 07 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

olney agrees with everything you say

Sep 10, 07 12:13 am  · 
 · 
n_

Has anyone heard the infamous Terry Gross/Gene Simmons interview?

I never heard it but have read the transcript online. I couldn't believe some of the words coming out of his mouth. Simmons wouldn't sign off on the release of the interview to be available on their archive page but I bet its somwhere on the world wide web.

Sep 10, 07 8:46 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Argh, n_, you've raised my adrenaline just remembering that show.....

I specifically tuned in to hear it as I've always thought Simmons was a super-smart businessman and funny guy. But it was flat-out painful to listen to - he was such an idiot! And disrespectful in a way that wasn't cutting or insightful or satirical - it was just being a chauvanistic asshole and a stupid one at that.

IMO: The big problem with the interview was he misjudged his audience. He thought Fresh Air's listeners were looking to him as a freak show, and he wanted to show that he was more badass than they and didn't give a damn what they thought of him. Little did he know Terry's listeners are of an age demographic that looks on KISS fondly. So he alienated the audience by acting like a teenager when the listeners wanted to hear him act like a peer. For a man who made millions as a showman, he so poorly misunderstood this particular venue that he made a complete fool of himself.

Since that day, the bile rises when I hear the name Gene Simmons and I do all I can to avoid him.

Sep 10, 07 9:21 am  · 
 · 

maybe a good way to pump yourself up for a tough confrontational meeting, lb! : gene simmons! gene simmons! gene simmons!

Sep 10, 07 9:25 am  · 
 · 
n_

Sorry to send bad juju your way this morning, LB.

Although I have only read the text, I heard that Terry Gross was able to compose herself quite well and make him come across as an even bigger idiot. Well done for her.

Oh yea, Simmons claims he has slept with over 4600 women.

Sep 10, 07 10:02 am  · 
 · 
4arch

in the spirit of getting the thread back on track I give you Mr. Neal Conan.

Sep 10, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

n_, guess what I found!

Gene Simmons's Fresh Air interview

I just listened to it, and he is such a douche. There are many gems, but one of my favorites is early, "Its *Chaim*...it sounds so bland in your gentile mouth, Terry." "This mouth isn't gentile." "oh..." Something like that.

Sep 10, 07 11:24 am  · 
 · 
n_

Firewalled at work. Damn.

I'll listen to it when I get home. THANKS!

Sep 10, 07 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie
TRY THIS

Sep 10, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Thanks. It bypassed my firewall.

Now, I'm listening.

One word: INFURIATING

Sep 10, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

This one captures alot of time on the air in our neck of the woods.
Looks nothing like she sounds....and well she swings the other way...but who cares. Her interviews always have a Martha Stewart Quality about them.:

Sep 10, 07 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Personally I was wondering what the Asian Lady from Pacifica Radio looks like, she shows up on the not so NPR stations around here.
Which happens to be playing dooo Wap....tonight till 8:00 pm.

Sep 10, 07 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

He's at it again...

Gene Simmons: college kids killed music biz

Nov 16, 07 10:38 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell
We don't have anything to prove to anybody or do press to convince anybody we're important.

Tis statement given in an interview essentially proves that they're not important.

And saying that the only thing that matters is "the music" coming from a band that has only ever been about showmanship - and whose music for the most part sucks - that's classic.

Back on track, I saw a picture of Christiane Amanpour yesterday - she's very pretty.

Nov 16, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
e

yes she is. not to mention i love saying her name.

Nov 16, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 

click and clack

and an animated version coming soon...

Nov 16, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

Libby Lewis
Reporter, National Desk

Jul 18, 08 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

People I'd like to invite to a dinner party: Thom Mayne, vado retro, and Sylvia Poggioli:

Her voice is so authoritative.

Jan 11, 10 9:12 am  · 
 · 
mantaray

oh yes, I love her voice.

Jan 11, 10 11:23 am  · 
 · 

The Gene Simmons interview is AMAZING.

Jan 11, 10 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

Not a reporter but a talk host for Radio Times on Philly's WHYY:

Marty Moss-Coane

Jan 11, 10 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

God I miss Marty. I used to listen to her practically DAILY. Put her on my dinner party list, above. Thanks Emilio - I'm gonna go see if I can find the Radio Times archives...

Jan 11, 10 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

Yea, lb, Marty's the bomb.

Jan 11, 10 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

How did I miss click and clack....must have been asleep at the wheel!

Jan 11, 10 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
santa monica

Concise, informative reporting on legal matters (and seems to have a surprisingly crazy eye):

Nina Totenberg

Jan 11, 10 10:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: