Archinect
anchor

silence, until it boils. great american. julia childs.

abracadabra
now she's going to Budapest
Aug 14, 04 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

This is so sad. Julia was an all-around amazing woman, a true lover of design, too, if you can make a parallel between cooking and architecture.

One of her cookbooks says that when making potato salad, stir in mayonnaise until the potatoes are "lightly enrobed". So elegant for such a simple dish.

Sigh.

Aug 15, 04 11:43 am  · 
 · 
TED

you have never lived until you made one of her duck or pastry recipies from one of her early cookbooks. crust are so light and delicate. this is the way to live. still my favorite of all cookbooks.

we will miss your smile.

Aug 15, 04 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
norm

pity the poor woman will live in infamy for the SNL skit about her.

Aug 16, 04 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
slapdash

hey, Julia Child had an incredible sense of humor; I'm sure she didn't mind the skit at all -- probably even found it funny. the woman was earthy and juicy and full of life. my favorite Julia Child quote (*not* from her TV show, but from a biography --

"...she snatched a set of cannelloni out of the pot of boiling water with the cry, "Wow! These damn things are as hot as a stiff cock."

Aug 16, 04 4:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: