Archinect
anchor

2008 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

ohmygosh

well, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed -- for the entire weekend!

Mar 14, 08 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
jhk

i'm with you!

Mar 14, 08 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
sufj

i have no change in status :(

Mar 14, 08 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
modernmonk

whoppsss... just checked my status @ columbia and found out that my application was incomplete. one of the recommendation letters (the most important one) didn't get submitted. oh well.

Mar 14, 08 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

EY ff! Congrats man... I am really proud of you!

Mar 14, 08 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
citrus.grey

Hey ff33, big congratulations to you, this has been a long time coming and I know you've worked hard for this, enjoy your celebration.

Mar 14, 08 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
stargazer

hungry: sorry... i mean verbal score lower than 430
reviewing my friends... it seems to be a truth

Mar 14, 08 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

Thanks everybody. I know i didn't get into like 15 Ivies like some , but this is such a big thing for me, ...and I am happy to have shared in this thread with you all.

Mar 14, 08 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

hahahha ff. you are the man now.

Mar 14, 08 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

In are weekends admissions offices working?

Mar 14, 08 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

otto, im looking at the gsapp page again and i realized that my application was incomplete as well...one of my recommendations never made it...i guess we got lucky....im glad i didnt realize it before hand because i would have been freaking out.

Mar 14, 08 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

guys where did you see your have been admited? In the Message Center?

Mar 14, 08 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

no...a new heading called "decision status" appears below all the info in "application status"

Mar 14, 08 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

I dont have that. below all the info in application (which is incomplete because I did not submit the Scholarship) status I have:

Application for Admission
Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 1/15/2008 9:10:00 PM E.S.T.
Application Complete

Mar 14, 08 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
pbandj

Just got in to Columbia! Nice after being e-jected from P'ton earlier in the day... the copious drinks i just had can now be reinterpreted: from pity party to celebration!

Mar 15, 08 12:16 am  · 
 · 
Brendan

wow, thats quite a lot of you into GSAPP today. congratulations are in order all around.

Mar 15, 08 1:28 am  · 
 · 
magetty

a little late on the response, but for all of you still wondering about YSOA, I got an acceptance email from Robert Stern on Monday, 03/10/08---FYI

Mar 15, 08 3:41 am  · 
 · 
abstraktura

acceptance from Columbia as well!!
status says incomplete, but I emailed them about that a few weeks ago...it doesn't mean anything for me, just that they didn't bother changing the status online.

also got a USC acceptance earlier this week.....

but yaaaay for all!! :)

Mar 15, 08 6:26 am  · 
 · 
cou2

Way to go ff33!!! And everyone else who got acceptances as well! Guessing there are a lot of people who celebrated their acceptances last night - probably going to be a lot of hung over commiserators this morning.

Mar 15, 08 8:29 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

hung over.

Mar 15, 08 10:03 am  · 
 · 
bravobb

smith_, got my message?

Mar 15, 08 10:08 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

yeah...so, if you got that email about the open house, it means that you got in. that's what the admissions person told me. she said they mailed the packets earlier this week. so, depending on where you live, you should receive your notice within a few days. i live in NYC, so i probably got mine a little sooner. does that make sense?

Mar 15, 08 10:13 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

so, congratulations is what i'm trying to say.

Mar 15, 08 10:13 am  · 
 · 
bravobb

Is it regular package or delivery?

Mar 15, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

not sure what you mean. but it's a large envelope that says "welcome to Cornell" on the front. it came via regular First Class mail.

Mar 15, 08 10:19 am  · 
 · 
bravobb

hehe, thanks a lot.
I mean whether it's regular post mail or delivery service like Fedex or UPS

Mar 15, 08 10:21 am  · 
 · 
bravobb

and, on what date did they send out this mail?

Mar 15, 08 10:25 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

i'm not sure...she just said "earlier this week." she also said someone may call you. so, watch out for that too!

Mar 15, 08 10:37 am  · 
 · 
bravobb

:)

Mar 15, 08 10:41 am  · 
 · 
cou2

Does anyone know if Cornell is sending out all the acceptances at once? Did anyone get a package without getting an e-mail.

Mar 15, 08 11:37 am  · 
 · 
GDCCS

cou2 - I got the Cornell package without getting an email. Arrived yesterday, 3/14 . Good Luck!

Mar 15, 08 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
ohmygosh

thanks gdccs, i had also been wondering about that. i will wait patiently for the mail to arrive ... doo doo doo do

Mar 15, 08 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

anyone else have to finish their prerequisites? I have to take calculus, physics, and two arch history courses. is that all possible before september?

Mar 15, 08 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
_juut

mit done calling?

Mar 15, 08 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
Fraggle

did anyone who got accepted to columbia get scholarships?

Mar 15, 08 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

I'm an international and Columbia doesnt offer $ to us.

Mar 15, 08 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

...it pains me to even type this, but would everyone agree that GSD, MIT, and Yale are done?

Mar 15, 08 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

yeah,...you might get a waitlist ro something though

Mar 15, 08 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

waitlist via postal mail style. not even a waitlist email at this point, i'd wager.

Acceptees: are you gonna accept now... or wait to hear from other schools?

Mar 15, 08 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

where did you get waitlisted?

Mar 15, 08 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

I didn't get waitlisted, but I saw on Grad Cafe that someone got waitlisted via postal yesterday. So there is a minute chance someone might get the same thing on Monday, perhaps.

Mar 15, 08 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

that was at Yale btw

Mar 15, 08 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
citrus.grey

I'm putting this decision off to the last possible second.

Mar 15, 08 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

citrus: not worried about getting dibs on housing?

Mar 15, 08 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

i received a package from yale earlier today, but i live in nyc and it's relatively close to new haven. i'd like to make my decision as early as possible to open up space for the waitlisters, but their open house is on the 10th.

Mar 15, 08 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
citrus.grey

Yeah worried a little bit about housing I suppose but more worried about making a decision I'll regret later though.

Mar 15, 08 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

DJ: trade me Yale for Columbia? haha

Mar 15, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

... shit, sorry if that last comment sounds arrogant. I know some ppl are still in waiting...

Mar 15, 08 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
futurist

congrats ff33, UCLA looks like a good program!

Mar 15, 08 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

Thanks futurist. Good Luck to you! you're next

Mar 15, 08 4:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: