Archinect
anchor

Need Help With A Website!!

ArchAngel

I'm looking to develop my website dedicated to the Indie Architecture/Design Scene in Chicago. I have a domain name + hosting paid for, but no web skills or Time...Furthermore, it needs people! Email me if your interested in collaborating and showing your work (exposure)
I want a blog site/discussion also...but not to distract or take anyone from archinect, of course!
Thanks in Advance

Aug 5, 04 1:00 pm

Here's a few options:

Blogger.com (owned by Google)

and

MoveableType.com (trying to start charging people)

Aug 5, 04 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i am sorry to say but you don't have much.

Aug 5, 04 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

it is like saying 'my architect drew all my ideas that i did not have time for it'.

Aug 5, 04 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Not really...it's more of an opportunity for local talent to get some exposure while not assuming the costs of webhosting - not a biggie, really. I wasn't asking for a response from someone like you, but for collaboration from others unlike yourself. Why don't you abracadabra and disappear?

Aug 5, 04 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
cracker

so you don't have any web design skills or time... but you want to create a community architecture website? you might be able to find somebody that would like to collaborate by providing some web design experience, but if you don't have any time to dedicate to the project, it's bound to fail (or never happen).

Aug 5, 04 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Well, even if my time is limited, I think with enough collaboration it would perpetuate itself...I know its a longshot, but with it just sitting there doing nothing, I figured maybe someone else or others would like to jumpstart it and see what happens. I really dont have anything to gain or lose from trying to get people together working on something. Maybe some people looking for a digital gallery of their work or portfolio space? Not sure, but It could be a good thing with the right INPUT!

Aug 5, 04 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

P.S. - Thanks Virtual-Architect

Aug 5, 04 2:55 pm  · 
 · 

ArchAngel - i think you should hold off until you have enough time. even if you get a bunch of people helping out there needs to be one person responsible for coordinating the project and it can take much more time than you are anticipating. domain names and hosting are easy to come by these days - that's the easy part.

Archinect will soon be offering micro-sites for people like you who want to blog about issues that are more specific to locations, topics, etc. this might be the best solution for you... yours could be chicago.archinect.com and your domain name could point there.

Aug 5, 04 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Yeah - that's just about exactly what I wanted..if the blog can be integrated into Archinect somehow - fantastic. As for the home page content, that's alot of work and coordination. There's just no real site dedicated to the Arch community here....Thanks for the Advice

Aug 5, 04 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

That sounds great Paul. Can't wait.

Aug 5, 04 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

yey. that was easy..

Aug 5, 04 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Go smoke your Camel Lights.

Aug 6, 04 9:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: