Archinect
anchor

Copenhagen

nicolaskisic

I've been selected to work as an intern in Copenhagen and know little about the city. Any nordics here have any suggestions when looking for somewhere to stay? What should I expect to pay/monthly?

Nov 8, 06 9:04 pm
dillup.

hey

i'm not danish, but i had a friend who studied in copenhagen who i visited. he was staying in NØRREBRO, which seems to be one of the popular student neighborhoods. it was not necessarely beautiful but it is one of the cheaper areas and there's things to do... also seems safe, etc. (though for me the whole city seemed safe...) and a bike ride away from many of the central areas.

where are you working? can i ask how you got the job? i may be trying to go there for the summer. is it strictly a 6 month min. though?

best of luck

Nov 8, 06 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
nicolaskisic

Great, I'll be looking around Norrebro then... I read the worst riot in danish history took place there! That must be fun

I will be working in JDS, they posted a job offering a while ago here. You definitely need your portfolio and, well, your cv. Send them out! There's many danish offices working globally like EFFEKT, TRANSFORM, BIG, JDS and some others you'll be able to find around.

If you want to get paid, you need to be there more than 6 months. Apparently, danish regulations state that no intern should be paid for the first 5 or 6 months and then, well yes.

I am not staying more than 6 months. Got classes...

Nov 9, 06 10:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: