Archinect
anchor

aia.org...is it just me or

binary

is it just me or is it a pain to go through every states page to find a listing of aia firms with emails.... some site dont even have a local list that i could find...others had outdated contacts that no longer work.....

i think the aia site should have some sort of 6 month renewal or something to where the contacts are updated......

i sent out over 100 emails and at least 50 were bounced back....wtf....

rant is done

i know i should call/etc..... but that's alot of firms to call and talk to a receptionist that might not know whom i should send my model package to.......

2:37am

Nov 7, 06 7:35 pm
haruki

What do you expect? It's the AIA.

Nov 8, 06 3:13 am  · 
 · 

i think that you should suggest these changes, 237. the aia, as a membership organization, tries to be responsive to its members. if you're not a member, well...not sure what you think they owe you.

haruki, the aia is always an easy target for those who would never actually want to do the things that the aia does to promote and support the profession.

Nov 8, 06 7:12 am  · 
 · 
quizzical
Steven Ward

-- thanks for the support.

237amdotcom -- aia.org has a very strong career center where you can post a resume FOR FREE and a long list of firms there who are looking for profession help -- instead of ranting about what the aia's not doing to make your life so easy you never have to break a sweat, maybe you ought to consider the many things they are doing to help you in your career. If you're a member, I'm sure the national staff would be receptive to a constructive message, indicating ways they can improve their support of members.

haruki ... actually "we're" the AIA ... as the old saying goes, "if you ain't part of the solution, you're part of the problem"

Nov 8, 06 12:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: