Archinect
anchor

WILCO at Louis Sullivan's Auditorium Theater in Chicago

Wilco

is playing at Louis Sullivan's Auditorium Theater in Chicago on November 24 & 25. I know that there are a bunch of Wilco fans here on the 'Nect. Anyone else going?

I'm going to be in Milwaukee visiting my newly relocated parents and will be driving down to Chicago with my wife for the Saturday night show. I can't wait. Great band playing a hometown show in an incredible historic building. I think my head might explode.

Nov 6, 06 3:23 pm
crowbert

Hopefully he won't have a hissy fit or have to deck an overzealous fan...

Nov 6, 06 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

be on the lookout for smoke, and I don't mean from the fog machine...

Nov 6, 06 4:10 pm  · 
 · 

tweedy was very gracious in louisville. his episodes of testiness usually happen during the acoustic/solo-ish shows. they were all rock-n-roll this time out.

Nov 6, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
crowbert

Its a big room Thrify - and it is very nice too.

When I saw Tom Waits there earlier this year, my annoying seatmate (I was about 1" away from throwing his cell phone over the balcony railing) told his phone buddy that the event was "Like an Orson Wells movie, but with more porkpie hats" - I had told him what a porkpie hat was right before the show when I asked him if he would please shut off his phone.

Now I'm testy.

Nov 6, 06 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

these shows will sellout in two minutes and they will be introduced by some numbnut from xrt...

there were some excellent clips of wilco performing on austin city limits on youtube awhile back. now i cant find them. so try this solo
gig by the tweedster

Nov 6, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

"be on the lookout for smoke, and I don't mean from the fog machine..."

Er yeah, that's right. Given recent Sullivanian events, they might as well be booking Great White...

Nov 6, 06 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

That's so wrong...but I'm serious…

I wouldn’t think twice about taking a seat in the back near an egress door.

I am, however, very paranoid of things burning down.

Nov 6, 06 9:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: