Archinect
anchor

solid, well designed furniture at an affordable price??

zip-zip

can anyone help me with finding some distributor/retailer in the bay area of good quality modern furniture for the home that will last through the years, that is reasonably priced?

i'm about to move and have been seriously considering upgrading from particle board - aka ikea ; and the classics that design within reach offers are definitly designs beyond my reach. so looking for middle ground...

thanks for the help.

btw, local places would be more convenient, but all is appreciated

Jul 26, 04 10:59 pm
mdler

find an architect, and get the 'classics' at a discount

Jul 26, 04 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
amykwok

try finding someone who distributes Magis - i'm not familiar with bay area retailers - but i do know that Magis has some really cool - reasonably priced designer stuff (Konstantin Grcic!) You can probably find out more info from the internet.

it really depends on your taste. a friend of mine gets really cool mid-century modern stuff at flea markets up there.

good luck!

Jul 27, 04 12:23 am  · 
 · 
proto

herman miller sells to the trade at 50% off.
not all places do this, but many will do 30%.
some, of course, do nothing. search around.

i did get a furniture rep to quote the wrong price on emeco chairs and end up having to honor it. i'm sure he'll never do it again

Jul 27, 04 6:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: