Archinect
anchor

architecture outside of architecture

360degrees

Hey all-

I'm wondering how many of you out there are studying architecture/have degrees in architecture, and are not doing typical architecture work (working in a typical firm setting).
I'm writing an article for a student architecture journal and our theme explores the ways architecture has influenced other fields and careers - so tell me - how has architecture influenced your life/work in a unique way? (through art, culture....others)

Oct 16, 06 12:53 pm
Blue202

Is this a very serious article you are writing? I'm just wondering how you would write and cite responses from this website. "According to 'Hugo2'..."

Oct 16, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
360degrees

yeah, i've asked this discussion about topics before and it was kind of awkward citing the sources, but i think it will all come together- i'll make sure to properly explain where i received my stories.

Oct 16, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
360degrees

ok - to get the ball rolling here....i have found someone with an architecture degree who is now a professional card stacker and he builds haybale homes..

there are also many people who have arch. degrees that are mayors, senators, or other forms of office...

Oct 17, 06 8:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: