Archinect
anchor

wallpaper* 10th year

MADianito

so, i know some will accept they buy/read/see wallpaper* magazine, some others will play cool and say they hate it, the fact is i try to check it out from time to time, this month was no exception, since it was their 10th anniversary number...

there could be commented lot of stuff about it, or not (of course)

i just wanna make 2 comments, first the design couples article "power couples" Lagerfeld and Zaha are a match made in heaven...
but (and this relate to so many look-alikes threads here in archinect) i wished Donna Karan chosed Benedetta Tagliabue (of EMBT), damn they sure look like sisters....

second comment (dissapointing one) i got all excited to see in the INDEX they where showing CASA HERNANDEZ (or CASA EN EL AIRE) by Agustin Hernandez in Mexico city (a house i remember i spend hours at night watching it with a beer in my hand in my early years of university, no doubt an inspiration that arch was mo0re than boxes) and then turning into page 450 and reallizing the idiots of WALLPAPER* pictured there the Studio building of Agustin Hernandez (interesting too) instead of CASA HERNANDEZ....

at the end that resumes the at least last 8 years of WALLPAPER* they dont pay attention to the details and then they screw it up quite often....

Oct 13, 06 11:21 am

They have been going downhill ever since Tyler Brûlé left. But I think are slowly picking up with things he left behind.

Oct 13, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

yeah yeah, are they throwing any parties in nyc w free booze engorged pretentious snobs or not??

Oct 13, 06 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
DEVicox

wallpaper rocks! what other mag. offers arch-news and 800-euro-hermes pullovers back to back?!

Oct 13, 06 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

hahahaha guys ur helpless... nicho, ur right, but they're really taking to long to catch up, whicxh for me means they will never be the same they where the first 2 years...

still i buy it for the 800 euros hermes pullovers... hahah do they have them in architects black??

Oct 13, 06 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
nash34

kyll: i rarely say this, but im with you. where the f*cks the party at?? lol

Oct 13, 06 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
c

does anyone every read Tyler Brule's column in the Financial Times ? - is hilarious..

Oct 14, 06 5:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: