Archinect
anchor

OMANY again??

OMA fan

i heard a rumor that Shohei Shigematsu is gonna run OMA NY. Does anyone know about it and him?? Sounds like a Japanese??

Oct 4, 06 11:12 pm
swisscardlite

He's heading the Milstein Hall Project for OMA right now. He gave a lecture on the project at Cornell three weeks ago. he looks young..and yes, he's japanese.

Oct 5, 06 1:40 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

but i guess REM wont open again a proper OMA-NY when he has just dettached of the previous OMA-NY (now turned into REX), and while this new office (REX) keeps working really close to OMA, and know the way he likes to work....

im just guessing i have no official info... but dont sounds too smart right now fro REM...and he's a clever guy for sure

Oct 5, 06 4:05 am  · 
 · 

i was pretty sure that, with the announcement of the rex spinoff, it was said that oma WOULD keep a us/ny presence. so no surprise really. rem needs a place to put his bag when he's in to teach.

Oct 5, 06 7:44 am  · 
 · 
publix

OMA also just recieved a new commission for a multi-use building in NJ - a project to prop up the office besides Cornell?

Oct 5, 06 11:02 am  · 
 · 
aeaa

was OMA not looking to hire several positions right about the same time that the pregnant beating guy left with the office? I thought I saw a post some place for mutliple positions....which sounded dirty, so I applied.

Oct 5, 06 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
dezku

there's going to be a proper new ny office. it's being set up at the moment. and yep, it's going to be run by shohei shigematsu; one of the few key players in the office.

Oct 5, 06 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
sugar

REX rocks with their SMOKING HOT architect/owner.. I'd do him....ugh work for him.

Oct 17, 06 1:51 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

sugar, isn't he happily married?

Oct 17, 06 7:02 am  · 
 · 
sugar

hi morgan2sims...married yes, happily don't know...

Oct 18, 06 2:00 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

well.. i don't think he's smoking hot.. now ole on the other hand..

Oct 18, 06 9:18 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

the pregnant beating guy left with the office

???

Oct 18, 06 9:27 am  · 
 · 
pix

take a look at this...
[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=288895071044986767&q=joshua+prince[/url]
he even mentions where he propose, so if you like me already, you´ll like him even more..

Oct 18, 06 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
pix

haha,, here it goes again

link

btw,, I don´t think he´s that hot..

Oct 18, 06 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

sadly i'm on dial-up. anyone has the transcript?

Oct 18, 06 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

vot iz dis dial up???

Oct 18, 06 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
pix

I have not been able to find the transcript... though if you get a chance, try to watch it, at least it´s interesting how he unfolds the seattle public library and the methodology they used to conceive it, anyways, he also talks about louisville Museum Plaza and the Wily theather, briefly though...
the one thing is that while he´s on the virtual tour of the Library, he points out he pushed part of the design team to build a certain part of it, so he could propose to his now wife.

Oct 19, 06 10:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: