Archinect
anchor

CAD map of NYC

justavisual

does anyone happen to have a CAD map of NYC? We need something as a reference for a studio project...

thanks!

Aug 29, 06 8:05 am
Chase Dammtor

i'm looking for this too. only found a bunch of SHP files of everything, but i don't have anything that will convert those to DWGs.

Sep 3, 07 9:38 am  · 
 · 
justavisual

sent you an email...

Sep 3, 07 10:03 am  · 
 · 
Chase Dammtor

hey, can't quite figure out your link - they dont seem to have anything in illustrator format.

Sep 3, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

my file is too big to email (35mb)...ideas?

its only of manhattan, so you might not want it anyway.

Sep 3, 07 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Chase Dammtor

oh thanks justavisual, but i need brooklyn!

Sep 3, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
AP

meta - just sent you an email on this...

Mar 15, 08 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

hey, i'm looking for the same: CAD and 3d maps. anyone?

Jun 5, 08 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
nb072

why doesn't archinect set up an online archive of useful things like this?

1) cad maps of cities
2) cad blocks
3) photoshop entourage

Jun 5, 08 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

that would be not only helpful but marketable

Jun 6, 08 12:03 am  · 
 · 
leeben

hi,
just been searching for manhattan maps and dug this back up, does anyone have .dwgs of this area (since I dont have GIS)? that will be MUCH appreciated! thanks!

Jan 16, 10 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
gonad

i think its posted on the website cben.net
if you can locate the shape files (.SHP), you can convert it to dwg with FME (its a 14 day evaluation, www.safe.com)

Jan 17, 10 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
AquillatheNun

try www.cben.net

Jan 18, 10 2:36 am  · 
 · 
AquillatheNun

oops didnt see gonads response

Jan 18, 10 2:57 am  · 
 · 
leeben

thanks, guys.

Jan 18, 10 11:24 am  · 
 · 
jmlura

Could i get that file too. [email protected] There are large file sharing websites like megaupload, rapidshare, dropbox, and yousendit that can host the file for sharing.

Thanks,
John

May 27, 10 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
m-e-l-o

Hey everyone, I need a CAD or vector map of NYC too—but specifically for the building footprints in Manhattan and the defining bodies of water surrounding. (and the other boroughs if possible). I do not need streets, parks, etc.

Additionally, I need building footprint maps for the following cities if anyone has them:

Los Angeles
Toronto
Tokyo
Madrid
Paris
Hong Kong
London
Chicago
Mexico City
Munich
Dallas
Sao Paulo
Rome
San Francisco
Seoul

Thanks!
Sean

Aug 2, 10 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
princershah

hey everybody I searched everywhere on internet for The Bronx map in vector/CAD form I am not able to find anything. Could someone please help

Feb 3, 12 11:49 am  · 
 · 
yolol

Hey everybody.  I know it has been awhile since this conversation took place but is there anyone who has a detailed DWG of the 5 boroughs in CAD format?

Aug 2, 12 11:48 am  · 
 · 

Sir Arthur, 

i am looking for a CAD drawing of Manhattan.  Can you point me to one?  thanks.

Sep 28, 12 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
metal

Here ya go

http://www.cityvision-competition.com/newyork/download/

Sep 29, 12 2:44 am  · 
 · 
defacts

hello all, I came across this forum also searching for a DWG. The one posted above is pretty decent and includes all 5 boros however its not quite as accurate as the following, which is for now of Manhattan only (plus the perimeter shorelines of NJ and BK)

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22948&page=4

the last post on this page of the forum contains a link that will start an automatic download. its a rather large file which is why I haven't reposted it elsewhere. 

I agree with nb072 above, we should find a way to contact archinect and see if they can't create a resources section as I'm sure many could use this amongst other helpful files and it'd clean up the forums quite a bit. Further a centrally located DWG could be updated by many over time and ultimately include all boros - each contributing their sites to slowly build it up. For now all my sites are in Manhattan but in the future I'll return here if I end up drawing details in BK and so on, and attach an updated file. 

Jan 21, 13 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
azrack

Hi,

can anybody send me the cad map of NYC please?

Apr 3, 13 11:21 am  · 
 · 
parisa mansourian

Hi allllll,

I need the cad map too, and really appreciate if any one can email it to me!

The links above are not working any more and its a while Im looking for it:(

[email protected]

Thankssssss

Sep 12, 13 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Hite

I'm also looking for a cad map of manhattan
any help would be great

[email protected]

Nov 6, 13 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
J.Markley

Hello, 

I followed all the links on http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22948&page=4 and the website that was originally hosting it no longer exist, so I can't figure out a way to download it. 

If anyone knows of a location of this file it would be greatly beneficial to my thesis. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Jan 8, 14 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
PinkPatrick

hello,

this post ist already a few years old thus most links do not exist anymore. I am currently finishing my master degree and my thesis is a waterfront museum in Brooklyn. I really need .ai or .dwg plans for that...

Can anyone help please?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Best,

Patrick

Apr 25, 14 3:36 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

here you go - all 5 boroughs, blocks and street, not lots...DWG

Manhattan

Brooklyn

Queens

Bronx

Staten Island

Apr 25, 14 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
PinkPatrick

Wow Olaf! That is great! Thank you so much!

I really appreciate your help!!!

If you happen to have streets and building footprints of lower Manhattan and Brooklyn I would love to have those too..

Thank you so much. I hope I can return the favour at some point!

Best Pat

May 1, 14 8:19 am  · 
 · 
Arth Shah

Thanks Olaf...... It is such a great.... It will help me so much in urban research...... Thank you again.....

Arth

Aug 9, 14 7:50 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Pink Patrick and Arth another Archinect thread posted this website http://bdon.org/cad/

The DXF files can be opened in CAD and saved as DWG and they show all the building

so between the block map with streets and the BDON website you can assemble the entire thing.

Aug 9, 14 8:01 am  · 
 · 
quentin.au

Thank you Olaf, I'm starting my thesis on the city of NYC and those links are very useful! 

Do you know where I could find a 3D model of Manhattan? 

Best - /Q

Oct 3, 14 9:26 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Email me quentin.au

Oct 3, 14 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
Narcus

Thanks! Olaf! 

Jan 6, 15 1:11 am  · 
 · 
Narcus

I think Bronx is corrupted and is there a way to get the union city file aswell.?

Jan 6, 15 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
faytuer

Olaf! Your DWG of Manhattan really helps me a lot! I'm now startng to design  a high rise as  master project in Manhattan. Could you please send to me also the 3D models per Email? thanks!!!!!!!!

Apr 25, 15 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
antonelacarbajal

antonela_10_7@hotmail dwg of Manhattan please !!!

Apr 13, 16 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
antonelacarbajal

[email protected]

Apr 13, 16 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^lazy

Apr 13, 16 4:08 pm  · 
 · 

Hi Olaf. I'm trying to download your dwg of Queens posted on april25, 2014, but it doesn't work. Could you please send me it by email to [email protected]? Thank you!!

Apr 27, 16 11:25 am  · 
 · 

I have the DWG of all 5 boroughs in one file.  It is over 230 MB so dropbox or similar would be needed to download.  Can some one let me know if there is a better way to share the file?

Apr 27, 16 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
mernahhh

Hello,

I'm an architect student looking for a cad file of Manhattan for a project I'm working on. I've tried various links found online which have not been much help. If someone could send me the file to my drop box: [email protected] that would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

May 1, 16 11:52 am  · 
 · 
giulianolemma

Hi everyone !!

I also need a cad fil of Manhattan for a project. It would be perfect if it could include not only streets but also buildings footprints. If someone can help me : [email protected]

Thanks in advance : ) 

May 26, 16 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
fjrus55

Hello Everyone,

I am an architecture student working on my thesis taking place in Lower Manhattan. I have been looking everywhere (without much luck) for a 3D file of lower Manhattan along with the the Topography. If anyone has any information or files that would help, please email at [email protected].

I would really appreciate the help! Thank you!

Jul 1, 16 10:10 am  · 
 · 
nffox007

Here you can find some free vector maps of different cities and countries and also buy some, not so expensive!

Aug 7, 16 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
christopherbacchus

Anyone have a cad file of the Bronx Borough displaying the topo mapping and features?

Please and THanks

Dec 7, 16 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
petarpetricevic

dear all, 

would somebody share autocad map of manhattan with me? would appreciate it a lot.

if there is someone, here is my address > [email protected]

thanks,
petar

Aug 23, 17 11:31 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I saw my problems and I'll see the light We got a lovin' thing, we gotta feed it right There ain't no danger we can go too far We start believin' now that we can be who we are, GIS is the word

They think our love is just a growin' pain Why don't they understand? it's just a cryin' shame Their lips are lyin', only real is real We stop the fight right now, we got to be what we feel, GIS is the word

It's got a groove, it's got a meaning GIS is the time, is the place, is the motion GIS is the way we are feeling

We take the pressure, and we throw away conventionality, belongs to yesterday There is a chance that we can make it so far We start believin' now that we can be who we are, GIS is the word

It's got a groove, it's got a meaning GIS is the time, is the place, is the motion GIS is the way we are feeling

This is a life of illusion, a life of control Mixed with confusion, what're we doin' here?

We take the pressure, and we throw away conventionality, belongs to yesterday There is a chance that we can make it so far We start believin' now that we can be who we are, GIS is the word

Aug 23, 17 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
michaga.pe

Hey everybody...

I noticed that a lot of people were interested on the Manhattan map. Well, here it is: https://dbr.ee/tsmL

Hopefully it doesn't get deleted soon. 

PS. I was wondering if John O'Shea could upload the 230MB file of the 5 buroughs from New York... It would be really helpful for all of us. 

Jun 19, 18 7:20 am  · 
 · 
jessam

Hi all, 

I am looking for a cad map of staten island. I saw the  post from Olaf but the links don't work. Does anybody have or can point me in the right direction to find such a dwg?

Thanks!

Jul 10, 18 11:16 am  · 
 · 
carlottagiannalia

Hi to everyone! I'm an architecture student and i will do my thesis about Staten island. Has anyone a DWG plan of it? All the link in this discussion didn't work. Thank you! This is my mail.

[email protected]

Oct 23, 18 11:44 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Tried GIS already?

Oct 23, 18 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: