Archinect
anchor

H&deM employees

thenewold

Where do H&deM employees come from ? Are there schools or other localities or groups that feed into that office ?

I know they basically work from Basel but that they set up small offices in the cities of major projects sometimes as well. I'm aware that they had an office in San Francisco for a while.

Anybody know someone who works there ?

Jul 19, 06 12:41 pm

i know two ppl that now work there, both from extremely different schools, and backgrounds, one chinese and one german.

there isnt a secret about getting any job, - just apply.

theres just a lot of luck involved,
HdeM are atm taking on staff for the hamburg office.....get that portfolio ready asap!!!

Jul 19, 06 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

yes p2an is right is a lil bit about luck, and yes they open local offices temporarly, i know they had one at BCN while FORUM was bieng built (temporary local office, can mean something like 2 guys working at the associated local architect office)

Jul 19, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
pmic

I had a buddy during undergrad who had an internship at their local office for the DeYoung Museum, I aslo have a buddy who now works at the Basel office. He had them for thesis at the GSD, but he is also Belgian. I think a big thing for them is languages, if you cannot communicate you skill set is definitely limited!

Jul 19, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
khmay

H&deM in san fran? anyone have any information on this office?

Aug 14, 06 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
morfo

They used to I think. Not anymore.

Aug 14, 06 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
harame83

yeah, hdem sf office's gone, I hear they may have a very small office in ny but it's not confirmed

Aug 15, 06 1:30 am  · 
 · 
bigness

they had one in london for the tate and the laban centre, now with the tate extension they might be back. the address is not advertised but i found it on an address directory on the web, so get searching.

Aug 15, 06 6:41 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i would have swore that someone was going to say seed pods...

Aug 15, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
T D

their ny "office" consists of one person - working out of someone else's office, basically just to run the 40 Bond St. job

Aug 15, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig

They never closed the london office, as far as I know it is on City road, you can google it.
They have more projects in London not just the Tate, they are definetly smaller but they have them.

Aug 15, 06 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
doberman

their london office used to be on central street. but there was no sign on the door or anything, it looked pretty unofficial, just a field office for the Tate and the laban centre i think.

Aug 16, 06 9:16 am  · 
 · 
Ludwig

oh yes central street. you are right. they are still there.

Aug 16, 06 10:22 am  · 
 · 
doberman

Are they really?? If i remember correctly they were in the same building as MUF architects but as far as i can tell they seemed pretty low key as an office. probably because they didn't want people knocking on their door to ask about job vacancies every 5 minutes... Do they have any work in London at the moment apart from the extension of the Tate modern??

Aug 16, 06 10:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: