Archinect
anchor

Detroit Area Vacuum Forming

Does anyone out there know of a vacuum forming place in the Detroit area? Most places I've found and called are large production companies that want high $ for machine time and labor. I'm looking more for a mom and pops kinda place that would be willing to do a one of piece and not charge me an arm and a leg - basicall a place that has a 'pizza oven' and vacuum table. Thanks!

Jun 21, 06 11:53 am
Doug Johnston

hey there!
CCS aparently has a nice big vacuum former so if you can find someone who works there (some CAA grads for example) they might show you how to use it and let you make a few things.

hope your summer's going well!
-doug

Jun 22, 06 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
binary

call stellar plastics on gratiot.... btw 6 and 7 mile..... bob or bill can help you.....

b
www.237am.com

Jun 22, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
ether

thanks doug and 237am. i actually talked to bill at stellar for an hour earlier this week... unfortunately he wanted to charge me about a grand to do the prototype... that's double my lowest estimate (which is still too expensive)

Jun 22, 06 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
binary

email me at bdb@237am.com...

b

Jun 22, 06 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
DEtroit

nnnnnnnnzot! get the hell out da building!

Jun 22, 06 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
binary

but officer donut........ when are hacky sackin'.....

shortbus kicked the alarm jizz wad......

and the ape is gonna get his coco nuts

bizzle

Jun 22, 06 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
edmund.l.liang

get klinker off his butt and fix the one in the basement of 3d's studio. it's a 4x8 isn't it? just needs power. do it this summer so you get to use it next semester! what are you guys doing this summer? has bill built his house on the triton pools yet, or shall i assume "the talk" i miss the studio, i'm stuck in front a fricken' computer all day. i can't stand it. build while you can!!!!, seriously. . . b - you're the shit.

Jun 22, 06 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
binary

how big is the piece... make your own...

peg board/halogen lights/shop vac.... a bit ghetto but you said detroit ...right......

i'm not the shit...... i was the shit........ i moved up to jizzums...

b

Jun 22, 06 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
binary

does cranbrook have a laser machine for acrylic... email me if possible....
bdb@237am.com
b

Jun 23, 06 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
ether

yes, cranbrook has a laser cutter that can cut acrylic.

the whole vacuum forming is now waaaay in the past. we've gone retro.

Oct 31, 06 11:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: