Archinect
anchor

Jobsite Pic of The Day

xtbl

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice _n!

Mar 12, 08 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i saw-cut some concrete on my house this weekend! occasionally i do escape the world of autocad ..

existing condition - water main jumps over the corner

saw cuts

concrete removed - ready for plumber to re-route

Mar 29, 08 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
crowbert

ChinoXL - I hope to god that's not eethray eeday achway.

Mar 30, 08 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

wait a minute, you can operate a cut-saw (which I wouldn't for fear of cutting my toes or leg off) but you won't pull out the tiny hack saw and pvc adhesive for the little plumber work.

Apr 3, 08 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

just maybe it is a high pressure gas line....disguised as a pvc drain line,,,,sly smile.

Apr 3, 08 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

okay you convinced me - screw the plumber - i'm a gonna do it

this sunday!

what could go wrong?

Apr 3, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

IT'S NOT A GAS LINE!

(ka-boom!)

Apr 3, 08 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

n_
that project looks great. congrats. i think i know who your 9-5 boss is...very cool that the two of you are working together outside of the office.

Apr 3, 08 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

^ random pics of my restaurant

Apr 3, 08 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

^ Beverly Hills House

Apr 3, 08 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

^ nice

is that a spa and pool down the cantilever stair? it's almost got a fallingwater feel, in a way (maybe it's the flagstone paving, too)

i like! big! butt glazing!
and i can not lie!

Apr 7, 08 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i cut in a new water main section today:

no leaks (so far)

Apr 7, 08 6:10 pm  · 
 · 

Free Ramos & Compean good job. You must feel very accomplished...I dug out my main line yesterday. But I'm not allowed to work on it - part of the public line. But I suspect I will be doing much of the plumbing work inside the house.

Apr 8, 08 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

hey thanks architechnophilia! i wouldn't have done it without your encouragement .. i guess i was nervous since it's the main water supply. i had visions of cranking the water main valve back on and water spraying from the new connections. or exploding. but it's been 24 hours and still holdin' strong!

i like getting a little construction experience so when i'm at a job site i can bite my lower lip like bill clinton, give a little nod, and say, 'i feel your pain.'

Apr 8, 08 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
n_

AP,

Thanks. Yes, you meet my 9 to 5 a few years ago when we unknowingly meet and lunched together. He actually just switched firms a few weeks ago. We still see each other often because 1) he is my architecture oracle and 2) we are working on the house above and another project together. He is, hands down, the most talented designer I've met and worked with/for.

To all,

My coworker took this picture of me and the drywall a few days ago while on a jobsite visit. I think this picture is hilarious. The scribbled text reads: THIS IS THE SHITIEST DRYWALL EVER.

Apr 8, 08 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

digital spaghetti
[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/archmunoz/DSC00071.jpg[/img[

Apr 9, 08 1:39 am  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

digital spaghetti

Apr 9, 08 1:39 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

StudioWookie, you need to have a Speedcabling competition!!

Apr 9, 08 8:29 am  · 
 · 
mdler

Apr 10, 08 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i have that pixies shirt!

Apr 10, 08 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

mdler were you grabbing her ass in that pic? Hmmm you are a naughty boy.

Anyway just wanted to share with everyone the jobsite dearest to my heart at the moment...villa horizon

Jul 24, 08 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

just got back from this job.

1963 vocational school
new windows to the left/old to the right

addition to 1969 high school on same campus:

Jul 24, 08 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

that's a lovely wide space SW. How wide is it? And the old windows have this amazing colour, was there any effort to match that hue of blue/green or it is just paint, and I am misreading the image

Jul 24, 08 5:02 pm  · 
 · 

no attempt to match the blue/green glass. and you can probably tell that they had painted over the old aqua porcelain panels in an off-white in the past. (now that paint is skinning off.) they're not fond of the 1963 color palette. our windows are just aluminum storefront with a white ceramic frit striping.

the big space at the high school is a 'multi-purpose room' meant for use by band, wrestling, cheerleaders, and rotc - all the activities that can't get time scheduled in either of the two gyms. not counting the locker rooms, closets, and entry hall, the big space is a wide open space 50' x 85'. i love the way it looks at this point in construction. better than it will look when complete, i'm afraid.

Jul 24, 08 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Da Fire House
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/2695264955_d0ae88a874_s.jpg

Jul 24, 08 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

sorry about the size....it isn't really postage stamp size

Jul 24, 08 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
curt clay

I hope all the links work.... So, all the important people visited the site recently... Highlight of the whole thing is when the mayor turns to me and says, "So what's a truss?"

Here's the washington post article:

The mayor showed up in his smart car and actually went and found street parking even though I had a VIP parking spot reserved for him.

...and here are a couple of pics from the tour. I'm in the blue shirt.

Aug 6, 08 11:35 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Cathing up:

techno, I had not seen the "roof off!" pics of your place - wahoo! It looks so amazing.

Steven looks great as usual for you. snook, you weren't kidding about the size.

curt clay, awesome! A mayor who is unembarrassed enough to ask "what's a truss?" after he's probably heard it said 20 times is a pretty smart guy IMO. Congrats on a very cool job!

Aug 6, 08 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Eastern Market!

Somehow, I'm not surprised by Fenty's question. Nice work, curt clay. Thanks for helping to restore one of DC's treasures.

Aug 6, 08 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

This was my morning job site visit: [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/2742413456_4047aa7410.jpg?v=0
[img]

Aug 7, 08 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

dry stacked stone piers

Aug 7, 08 4:15 pm  · 
 · 

Liberty cool ain't it? I wish I could leave them off - but it does add a needed dynamic to the design process. Open up the roof space, contend with the harsh Caribbean sunshine

Aug 8, 08 2:13 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Firehouse

Aug 8, 08 9:44 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

firehouse 2

Aug 8, 08 9:47 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Wood Framing:

Aug 10, 08 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude
Aug 10, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude
Aug 10, 08 7:26 pm  · 
 · 

today's site pix of our high school addition:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/archintentlouisville/

getting closer!

Aug 26, 08 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

For anyone interested, I've finally posted a few photos of my project here.

Oct 13, 08 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

sorry for the blurriness, i took this picture on my phone this morning:

Oct 13, 08 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Looking good and very clean, tunamelt!

But that 1611 picture - is that a giant bowl of chili with Jesus drowning in it?

Oct 13, 08 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Same view as above, but now the carpet is installed. They're finishing up construction and installation next week. Clients are set to move in at the end of December. They seem pretty pleased with how everything turned out.

Nov 21, 08 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
curt clay

WOO-HOO!! We received our Certificate of Occupancy yesterday. Finished one day ahead of schedule and are ready to turn the building over to the secret service.

The other building is the media stand which sits directly across from the President's stand.

Jan 16, 09 10:58 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Wow - how often does one get to say ready to turn the building over to the secret service about their work?!

Cool.

Jan 16, 09 11:55 am  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Indeed!

Jan 16, 09 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
some person

curt clay gets to work on all of the cool projects in DC! First Eastern Market, now this. Good job!

What are the glass specs on the viewing platform? (Or is that information confidential?)

Jan 17, 09 12:35 pm  · 
 · 

I'm thinking curt just pointed "the man" to our secret location... hide the stash!

Jan 18, 09 12:52 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

heres a project of ours nearing completion in Vegas... pictures from yesterday

there are lots more if anyone is interested

Jan 23, 09 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

is this part of project city center?

Jan 23, 09 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Looks like a fun project to be working on, lletdownl! Are you doing a site visit, or did someone else take those pics?

Also, are you doing interiors for it? I've always wanted to do interiors for a project in Vegas.

Jan 23, 09 4:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: