Archinect
anchor

CD Swap!

xtbl

ok, i've been avoiding this thread like the plague since i haven't sent the first cd out! (bigness, if you're still around, it's on its way, finally, nearly a year later!)

so, to make amends to the archinect community, the first 10 archinecters to email me with their address will get a cd! i haven't made it yet, so i can't tell you what's going to be on it, but i like to think i have a good eclectic taste in music, so i'm sure there'll be stuff for just about anyone to enjoy!

Apr 2, 07 5:13 pm  · 
 · 

i'm in for one.

Apr 2, 07 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

steven, send me an email with your address info

Apr 2, 07 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

cris, if i didn't just send you an email, i meant to. (couldn't remember if i pushed 'send'.)

Apr 2, 07 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Booya!

Hope i didn't forget anyone or include people who didn't want to be in it. Let me know. It's a small group this time so some of you might have someone you've already had.

Theme: 1, 1 year, anniversary, archinect, etc.

Due: 5-1-07

Sender > receiver

chili davis > THEaquino
quixotica > vado retro
Cris > Brer M.
steven ward > crowbert
liberty bell > Cris
vado retro > steven ward
Brer M. > chili davis
crowbert > aml
THEaquino > liberty bell
aml > quixotica

Apr 10, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Listen, Peter, if I could just get you to go ahead and move that due date back a little, yeah, maybe past finals week, that'd be great.

Apr 10, 07 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Maybe 5-11-07, or even 6-1-07??

Apr 10, 07 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

hehe the due date has never been strictly followed anyway, take your time, get finals done, then rock out.

Apr 10, 07 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Now if I could just get you to move a little bit to the left, that'd be great...

Apr 10, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh put the pressure on me...

Apr 10, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh and crowbert i promise that i will send u a copy of this one as i dropped the ball on the opposites cd.

Apr 10, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 

i gonna make mine ONE 80 minute song!

Apr 10, 07 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
n_

may i get it on this action?

or the next round if this one isn't feasible?

please. please. please.

Apr 10, 07 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

n_ i

'm gonna start letting people in on this one cause it was so small. but I won't rearrange the list to mess everyone up, so how bout I'll send a copy to you as well as vado and you can send to vado as well since he gets the shaft on this quite often, that way you mirror me on this first swap and you'll be on your own for the next one. (they grow up so fast don't they?)

Apr 10, 07 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i think i'll make a MoNdAyTaPe

Apr 10, 07 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
bronson, architect/assassin

senders + recievers.
getting 'in on this action.'
hairy-chested Lumberg with Heather Mills' leg.

can I join?

f'reals.

Apr 10, 07 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
n_

vado - you're mine. i can't wait!

quixotica - thanks for arranging this.

Apr 11, 07 8:08 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

bronson, Ill have to see if anyone else would be wiling to send out a duplicate cd for you to get in on, if so, your welcome to join. If not, I'll send you one and we'll find someone you can send to. Most likely someone who didn't get a cd on this last swap.

Any takers for bronson?

Apr 11, 07 9:13 am  · 
 · 
Apr 11, 07 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

as long as i'm sending out a batch of cd's, i'll send one to bronson.

Apr 11, 07 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

crowbert? crowbert? crowbert?

Apr 11, 07 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Perfect, thanks Cris. Bronson, you can send to Chili Davis.

Apr 11, 07 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

cool, no problem.

bronson, send me an email with your address info.

Apr 11, 07 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

done, done... and done.

Apr 11, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 

bump
b-bump
bump bap
bump bap bap
b-bump b-bump bap
bump bap bap

Apr 12, 07 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Vado and _n your cd's go out on monday at the latest, this is my most ambitious mix cd yet!

While on the subject, Has anyone checked out any new music because of the cd swap? wantanfon5 got me hooked on the cinematic orchestra. Steven ward introduced me to Bauhaus and some kick ass covers, CSS and the Go! team are in my car right now and lb made me love paul freakin anka. all in all i'd say the cd swap has been a success for me.

Apr 25, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
n_

quixotica - yay! i'll look forward to the music. thanks.

i'll post my playlist in the next few days. promise.

Apr 25, 07 11:15 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i will begin thinking about mine soon.

Apr 25, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
aml

chili davis, your cds from the last cd swap have arrived! [should clarify that they take a detour in order to get to south america, so they take longer than most]. i'm just about to start listening, but please go ahead and post the tracks!

Apr 25, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
aml

also, i got word from nica that she got my cd from the last swap. problem is, my computer had a crash of sorts and i lost the tracks list. oops. but it was really cool, you'll just have to trust me on that. she said she liked it.

Apr 25, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Okay, aml, since the cover art was stolen with the original copies, I guess the least I could do is let you know what you are listening to. I threw the opposites theme out the window and just made a couple of CDs with the stuff I listen to during those long nights in studio. Kind of a melow mix, but some great music, no doubt. Here it is:

Disk 1

1. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing; Jack Johnson; In Between Dreams - All I want to do when I listen to Jack Johnson is sit in a hammock by the beach and listen to the waves crash against the shore while I lay to waste a bottle of rum.

2. Cannonball; Damien Rice; O - From the man who made the movie "Closer" what it is with his track The Blower's Daughter.

3. The Engine Driver; The Decemberists; Picaresque - One of my new favorite artists... also check out their track Oh Valencia.

4. Earthquake Weather; Beck; Guero - What is a mix without at least one Beck track?

5. Bright Smile; Josh Ritter; Hello Starling - Great song by a great singer/songwriter.

6. Run; Snow Patrol; Final Straw - Snow Patrol is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands.

7. If I Found Out; Athlete; Tourist - Much like the Decemberists, Athlete is another of my new favorite artists.

8. Speed of Sound; Coldplay; X & Y - One of the few tracks I enjoy from this effory by Coldplay. X & Y is not their best album.

9. Sway; The Perishers; Let There Be Morning - The Perishers remind me a little of Coldplay with this piano laced track, but I think they have a better sound.

10. If She Wants Me; Belle & Sebastian; Dear Catastrophy Waitress - This track is a fun, melancholic tune with some funky organ in the background.

11. Valentine; Old 97's; Fight Songs - A break up song about an evil saint.

12. Ether Sings; Laura Veirs; Carbon Glacier - A perfect song to zone out and do some hardcore CAD work to.

13. Upward Over the Mountain; Iron & Wine; The Creek Drank the Cradle - Iron & Wine has a great sound, not to mention a terrific beard.

14. All My Friends; Amos Lee; Amos Lee - Make sure it isn't too late when you listen to this track or Amos will put you to sleep. Otherwise, a smooth track from a guy with a great voice.

15. Trouble; Ray LaMontagne; Trouble - If you've never heard Ray LaMontagne before, be prepared to fall in love with his voice. I got a copy of this CD from a friend and bought concert tickets the next day.

Disk 2

1. Weight of Water; Low; Secret Name - Another slow track by yet another great vocalist.

2. I Wasn't Prepared; Eisley; Room Noises - This should be my theme song.

3. Brighter Than Sunshine; Aqualung; Strange & Beautiful - Ahh, a love song, alas. After the last few tracks, this one wakes the mix up a bit.

4. Your Eyes Open; Keane; Hopes And Fears - Something about Keane just reminds me of a really good 80s band. Depeche Mode? No, Tears For Fears, No... Hmm...

5. They Can't Buy The Sunshine; Turin Brakes; JackInABox - They buy love either, so what? I'm not sure if I like this track or not yet.

6. Josephine; Teitur; Poetry & Airplanes - Teitur joins the likes of The Decemberists and Athlete as one of my new favorites. Also, Poetry & Airplanes go together like Big Tits & Fire Engines.

7. World Inside The World; Rhett Miller; The Instigator - I always thought Rhett was a womans name. Anyhow, Rhett is another great vocalists. In fact, I think this playlist is full of really great singers.

8. It's Only Fear; Alexi Murdoch; Four Songs - Another slow one but I really enjoy it. Almost as much as I enjoy Murdock from the A-Team.

9. Honey And The Moon; Joseph Arthur; Redemption's Son - In my opinion, one of the best tracks on one of the best soundtracks (Garden State) of all time.

10. Wonderwall; Ryan Adams; Love Is Hell - Not Oasis, or Bryan Adams for that matter. This version will make you think differently about this song, a bit more depressing than the Gallagher's version.

11. Devil Town; Bright Eyes; The Late Great Daniel Johnston: Discovered Covered - If you haven't seen The Devil and Daniel Johnston, you should. A great story with great music.

12. Mona Lisa; Grant Lee Philips; Virginia Creeper - The last time I had anything to do with Virginia Creeper I woke up in the front seat of a pickup truck with a carnie on each side on our way to Nebraska. But great song none the less.

13. Whatever It Is; Ben Lee; Awake Is The New Sleep - I'm a big fan of the Bens (Lee, Kweller, Folds) and would recommend any track by any of them, even the ones featuring Bill Shatner.

14. New Slang; The Shins; Oh Inverted World - Another one from the Garden State Soundtrack. The Shins make good music.

15. Love Will Tears Us Apart; Nouvelle Vague - This song shoud appear on the soundtrack of a 007 movie.

Enjoy!

Apr 25, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
aml

loving it so far, sounds fantastic. mostly unknown tunes for me, but very much what i like to listen to, which makes it better. thanks so much!

[and i do love that closer song, have been meaning to get it at some point. will be looking for more damien rice]

Apr 25, 07 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

received the cd n_. just put it in and its sounding groovy. the thing was wrapped up like a tiffany egg!. great cd jacket!!!woohoo + everyone should have printing as good as yours!!!thanks!!

Apr 26, 07 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
n_

i'm glad you are enjoying it. i packaged it like a tiffany egg because it was precious to me. i take cd mixing serious. real serious.

Apr 26, 07 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Apr 26, 07 10:33 pm  · 
 · 

whats on the cd vado/n_?

Apr 27, 07 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
n_

i'm in la right now (read: away from my laptop). i'll post the playlist early next week.

Apr 27, 07 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
n_
The One Album

Avril 14th Aphex Twin
One One One Hot Chip
Pink and Brown Pedro the Lion
One Heavy February Architecture in Helsinki
To Be Alone with You Sufjan Stevens
The Greatest Cat Power
One Night Stand The Pipettes
Do You Realize [cover] Postal Service
Dirty Dream Number Two Belle + Sebastian
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before The Smiths
One for You The Knife
Dinner at Eight in the Suburbs Ben Gibbard
Cold Wind Arcade Fire
Postcards from Italy Beirut
Alone Again Or Calexico
Secret Identity How I Became the Bomb
In the Meantime The Ditty Bops

Apr 30, 07 12:11 am  · 
 · 

my 'one''s gonna be a little while. just back in our house this weekend and scrambling to function. (wireless still works, though!)

Apr 30, 07 7:13 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I won't be able to get the CD out until early next week. Work is awesome right now.

May 1, 07 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i am listening to my final mix. it don't sound to bad. but i been celebratin cinco de mayo for a while now. anywaze, there is one tune that appears that a comrade has posted on their mix but hey it works on mine as well so there you go. steven send me your address and i owe crowbert as well cuz i burned him on the opposites cd. float on.

May 5, 07 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

liberty - I'm very close to sedning the CD's. I'll listen to the mix a couple of time and maybe make a tweak here and there, but done for the most part.

I just need a destination.

May 10, 07 12:55 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, everybody who's waiting, i'm almost done putting it together! will go out soon!

May 10, 07 1:35 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

Sending mine today! Will post the track list next week.

May 10, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

OK I've been neglectful but started a playlist called "one" just last night.

Cris, I'm sending you an email the minute after I post this.

THEaquino, I'm sending you one too.

May 10, 07 11:28 am  · 
 · 

mine's just about finished too! but i haven't heard from crowbert yet...

May 10, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Final crit was last night. Haven't had time to put a playlist together, let alone sleep, shower or eat. Maybe this weekend.

May 10, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

got a cd from quixota today and its really awesome. am listening to it and watching the cubs/phillies game while layin on the sofa!

May 12, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

THEone CD just arrived in the mail from THEaquino - thanks!! Listening to track 3 off 1 right now!

But no playlist? Please post it, pretty please...

May 12, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Sorry about the play list...

Here goes:

Disc 1

One Note Song - Tenacious D
The Man in Me - Bob Dylan
Walking Man - James Taylor
The Weight - The Band
In My Life - The Beatles
Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out - Derek and the Dominos
The Wind - Cat Stevens
Midnight Rider - The Allman Brothers
Welcome - 311
Good Times Bad Times - Led Zepplin
Mountain Song - Jane's Addiction
Dogs - Pink Floyd
One (Metallica cover) - Apocalyptica
Black - Pearl Jam
Alien - Bush
Footsteps - Pearl Jam

Disc 2

Arco Arena - Cake
No One Else - Weezer
Cool Like That - Digable Planets
Guantanamera - Wyclef Jean
A Mi Manera - Gipsy Kings
Give Me One reason - Tracy Chapman
One More Night - Phil Collins (This may have not made it on)
The Freshman - Verve Pipe
19-2000 - Gorillaz
When I Come Around - Green Day
Popular - Nada Surf
Eple - Röyksopp
Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America
Stop Drop - Sad Marvin
Living in America - The Sounds
The Final Countdown - Europe
One Thing Leads to Another - The Fixx
Feels Like the First Time - Foreigner

May 12, 07 8:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: