Archinect
anchor

ANYONE PLAYS SIMCITY?

soulikeit

I have a simcity fetish. What about you?

Mar 29, 06 12:58 am
Urbanist

SimCity has a New Urbanist bias. It's propaganda :)

Mar 29, 06 1:47 am  · 
 · 
inkwray
spore

Mar 29, 06 2:12 am  · 
 · 
Cure

no...i like fps' more

Mar 29, 06 2:26 am  · 
 · 
manamana

is spore out yet? been hearing about it for a while, it might actually be a game I want to play.

Mar 29, 06 3:16 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

yeah .. i quite like it too ... i've got a city named "sporodistan" .. lol ..
we got attacked by aliens recently !!!

Mar 29, 06 3:45 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

i like playing them tycoon games too ... otherwise .. any sport games

Mar 29, 06 3:46 am  · 
 · 
upside

civcity:rome or something like that comming soon. kinda a simcity thing but done by the civ people apparently

Mar 29, 06 4:11 am  · 
 · 
ochona

when i was 12-13 i used to play simcity on my old IBM 286 clone with 640K and a monochrome CRT.

one night i had the idea to keep the game going all night. i turned off my CRT and went to sleep.

the next morning i turned it on and found out that 96% of my simcitizens wanted to chop off my head and fry it in a pan with onions and garlic despite all the stupid things they were doing to themselves. their development was through the roof (literally), the traffic was gunfight-friendly, the crime rate was like moscow during the yeltsin years. (actually it was the yeltsin years at that time.)

for the first time i realized the true nature of God and how God must have felt when God created dallas.

Mar 29, 06 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

It won't be out until the end of this year? Summer? Looks cool.

Mar 29, 06 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Sim City helped get me into this architecture thing, so yeah I do. Nice post ochona, it helped me realize that God really is a 12 year old kid playing at a computer and we are all his simbitches.

Mar 29, 06 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Oh god - can't wait for civcity! I didnt know about it. ta.

Mar 29, 06 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

I think an incredible mashup would be sim city meets grand theft auto- both very architectural games in their own way- but one about the shaping of urban space, the other about the experience of it,

How would they meet in the middle i wonder- though i havent plyed sim since version 2 so they may be a bit more opposing now

Mar 30, 06 8:59 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

I AGREE SIM CITY IS A GREAT GAME BUT.......THE GAME DOESNT LET YOU -NOT- ORIENT THE BUILDING TOWARD THE STREET, CREATE A CAR-LESS COMMUNITY, TURN OFF THE FREAKIN FIRETRUCK OPTION,
-------ALSO COULD YOU REALLY START A CITY FROM NOTHING--MAKE ALL THE ROADS, ZONE THE ENTIRE CITY, ADD WATER, TRANSPORT, AND ELECTRIC, AND THEN JUST TURN ON THE TIME AND CLICK FAST FOWARD? IF LIFE COULD ONLY BE SOO GOOD

Mar 30, 06 10:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: