Archinect
anchor

BUILDING|MOVIE|BOAT

Ominoliquido

Don't tell me you're gonna be an architect for the rest of your life!
I'm planning to build a building; shoot a movie and buy a boat to sail all over the world.
I've started to plan this a couple of years ago and now I'm just starting with the building design . . . let's see!

Mar 28, 06 7:49 pm
garpike

Let's!

Mar 28, 06 7:52 pm  · 
 · 

I want a house boat... I'm entrigued (sic?) by the opportunities for creative use of the space, plus I like the idea of investing in a home but not being tied down to one location.

Mar 28, 06 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

There was this houseboat designed by some modern architect, but I can't remember who.

Mar 28, 06 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
Ominoliquido

check this out
http://www.giancarlozema.com/trilobis-page.htm

Mar 28, 06 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

If I recall, Madonna's art-gallery-owning character in this movie lived on a houseboat. And there was some hoopla with hot pouring wax?

Mar 28, 06 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

This dude I knew in Paris lived on a boat that he double-docked at Bastille. Friends came over for drinks and bobbed on the deck, you had to walk over another boat (and greet the family that lived there!) to get to his. At night the strings of lights that drape the quay sides lit everything warmly. It was a dream.

Mar 29, 06 12:10 am  · 
 · 

Plus (those of you that have actually met me might disagree) a houseboat just seems like a very appropriate thing for Pixelwhore. I'm sure that I've romanticised the whole thing in my head, but it just seems like the best living situation ever. I'd dress like Hemingway just to complete the whole thing too.

Mar 29, 06 9:34 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Pixel, as long as you hotrod the houseboat:

(Not *quite* the right image, but a hilariously ridiculous one nonetheless)

Actually, I agree, houseboats seem like an incredibly romantic and funky cool living situation. When I lived in Portland that's what I dreamed of: there was a dock a couple miles up from downtown and I thought it would be awesome to commute 10 minutes by (small) boat to a home where you could watch dragonflies in the evenings and go fishing from the deck at dawn.

Plus the whole extreme maximum space utilization required for living in a boat is far more interesting, to me, than the same spatial constraints in a tiny downtown stuido apartment. Not to mention the floating away into the sunset when it was time to move on...yeah. Seems very cool.

Mar 29, 06 10:37 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

Styx-

im sailing away
set a course for the virgin sea
cuz i've got to be free
free to face the life thats ahead of me
on board im the captain
so climb aboard
we'll search for tomorrow on every shore
and we'll try best as we can
to carry on

VS.

Grand Funk Railroad

everybody listen to me
and return me my ship
im your captain im your captain
though im feelin mighty sick
i been lost now days uncounted
and its months since ive seen home
can you hear me can you hear me
or am i all alone?

Mar 29, 06 7:31 pm  · 
 · 

what? no christopher cross?

'sailing
takes me away
to where i always
wanted to beeeee....'

Mar 29, 06 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Louis Kahn did a boat

Mar 29, 06 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I knew a girl who did a horse

Mar 29, 06 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Hemingway's boat is being restored at the Old Mystic Boat Museum...
when it is complete maybe they will let Pixelwhore take it for a run around the Long Island Sound.

Mar 30, 06 7:44 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Hemingway's boat is being restored at the Old Mystic Boat Museum...
when it is complete maybe they will let Pixelwhore take it for a run around the Long Island Sound.

Mar 30, 06 7:44 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Louis Kahn's boat was a giant floating stage for a travelling orchestra. Awesome.

Mar 30, 06 7:48 am  · 
 · 
myriam

whoa pixel you totally look like hemingway! This could work, this could really work. We need to get you some whores and booze and you'll be all set.

Mar 30, 06 10:19 am  · 
 · 
anti

mdler, you got her number?

Mar 30, 06 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

myriam: my grandfather won some Hemingway look-alike contest in Florida once, I must get it from him.

whores? no
booze? yes

And I'll need lots and lots of cats with extra toes...

Mar 30, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: