Archinect
anchor

Arrested Development is no more.......

Gravitas

It looks like arrested development has finally hit it's end.

link

Tis a sad day for the bluths......

Mar 28, 06 1:45 pm
manamana

Come on!

Mar 28, 06 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

they've mad a huge mistake...

Mar 28, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Mar 28, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

*made

Mar 28, 06 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
Gravitas

The tears just aren't comin'.....

Mar 28, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

i personally believe that the television series is...i mean, can be...an art form, not just a method of entertainment, and i don't believe that any american broadcast network can create and sustain a truly good series unless it's by sheer coincidence due to the interference of commercial concerns.

arrested development is one of the most inventive and hilarious series that i have seen on american TV in quite some time...thus i just KNEW it was destined for cancellation.

i swear, the moment i first saw "my name is earl" i knew that i would doom it by liking it...but i guess it's an exception to the rule.

of course, now that DVD is around who cares if a show gets cancelled?

Mar 28, 06 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

The problem is primarily with fox...they have a history of poorly marketing shows, switching timeslots around, and then cancelling them when they don't get viewers: family guy, futuramama, AD...

link

Mar 28, 06 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
Gravitas

That link is hilarious. Cross hit the nail on the friggin head.

What's interesting though, is that Fox made it's name by pushing shows that the public wasn't necessarily ready for (married with children, the simpsons). But now that it's an established network, it seems to be balking at any chance to go out on a limb. Unless of course you have a show like Family Guy that they cancelled and then realized it made something like a trillion dollars in dvd sales, so they signed them back on to reap some of that money.

But, most importantly, i WONDER what will happen to this guy????

Mar 29, 06 9:06 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I'll miss Ann Hog most of all...

Mar 29, 06 10:43 am  · 
 · 
Gravitas

I think I'm gonna have a mayon-egg for lunch today....

Mar 29, 06 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
ross

if you're heading for portugal, it's due south...

Mar 29, 06 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

hmmm .. i'm more of a seinfeld guy ...
have to say that arrested development does have its own charms

Mar 30, 06 2:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: