Archinect
anchor

suburban house inside of a barn

Amandine

doeas anyone recall an article that was in the NY Times a few years ago that profiled the work of an architect who built a suburban-style house within a larger structure, either a barn or a Butler type building?

Who was the architect? Is it the same guy who builds furniture with bizarre scale features like giant drawer pulls and tiny drawers within drawers...?

Thanks for any help.

Mar 27, 06 11:10 am
uva2006
http://www.newyork-architects.com/content/profiles/index.cfm?fuseaction=profile&architect=3292&lang=e

It is called the DoMa Gallery located outside of Baltimore. If you click on the image [left] it will open a window with a few more images of the project.

If this is not the same one it is similar.

Mar 27, 06 11:22 am  · 
 · 
Amandine

Hey, who's posting under my profile??
HACKER!!!
HACKER!!!

Mar 27, 06 11:26 am  · 
 · 
job job

i know that feeling...
RECTUM!!!
DAMN NEAR KILLED 'IM!!!

Mar 27, 06 11:27 am  · 
 · 
Amandine

LOG OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER IMMEDIATELY.
I repeat.
LOG OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER IMMEDIATELY.

or make me sound brilliant.

Mar 27, 06 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Amandine

no that's not it, (though a nice project). The thing I am looking for was very kitsch- almost like a movie set...literally a tract-house type deal constructed within a larger shed-structure...the space between the outside of the "house" and the limits of the structure served as a strange interior "outside" area for furniture, etc.

Mar 27, 06 11:30 am  · 
 · 
Amandine

no that's not it, (though a nice project). The thing I am looking for was very kitsch- almost like a movie set...literally a tract-house type deal constructed within a larger shed-structure...the space between the outside of the "house" and the limits of the structure served as a strange interior "outside" area for furniture, etc.

· 
Amandine

· 
Amandine

WTF?? I'M STILL TALKING?

this is a John Malkkovitch experience...

Mar 27, 06 11:31 am  · 
 · 
job job

GAME OVER MAN!!!

hahaha that's a great recovery, amandine

Mar 27, 06 11:45 am  · 
 · 
job job

man, I'm STILL laughing

Mar 27, 06 11:45 am  · 
 · 
Doug Johnston

this one? its on the cover of this book and it was in dwell a few years ago.

Mar 27, 06 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Amandine

Yes, that appears to be it. Any idea who the architect is?

Mar 27, 06 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
Amandine

ok dude, get your own handle already...

Mar 27, 06 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
35mm

Adam Kalkin.

Mar 27, 06 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
Amandine

You just beat me to it... I remembered seeing that image from a Graham Foundation lecture a couple of years ago and was searching for his name. Hope that helps, fake Amandine. Now will you log out?

Mar 27, 06 11:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: