Archinect
anchor

How about UTA for MArchI?

likil

experiences? How strong of a program it is?....anywords....etc.

Thanks..

Mar 27, 06 2:59 am
fbd97

are you talking university of texas -Austin or arlington?

Mar 27, 06 10:36 am  · 
 · 
likil

University of Texas-Austin....

Mar 28, 06 1:48 am  · 
 · 
likil

vs. UMichigan

Mar 28, 06 1:49 am  · 
 · 
brujitadulce

i can't do a comparison and i'm a prospective student but i did summer academy at UT

UT Austin has, from what i can tell, great facilities. woodshop, materials lab, gorgeous library. it's centrally located on campus - close to a lot of restaurants and coffee shops (which i am imagning will be very nice when i need a break from living in the studio). i visited classes yesterday and the professors i met were very accessible and friendly. seems like an active community - the lecture i attended yesterday was PACKED - students sitting everywhere - on the floor, on stools dragged in from their studios and just standing in the back. i think their events are very well attended. they have the vertical studio sequence - which i think is rare. it mixes students of various abilities and years, allowing for exchange of technique, ideas and skill but i think the more experience students are sometimes frustrated by this arrangement...that's the sense i get. anyway - a visit to each school would be helpful but that's not always financially or physically feasible. good luck.

Mar 28, 06 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
fbd97

Not much to add to brujitadulce's statement. I just found out I was accepted to the MArch I program, and after I finish my back flips will send I DO response. The graduate advisor is awesome, and shared a great deal of information in my interview. I went down to the material lab and talked with a few students, they were all very nice. The studio's were great; at the time there was a small group clustered around a model so I left them alone. Not sure where you plan on practicing; I think Texas rocks and from everyone I've talked to UT Austin is the place to be. If you look at some of the faculty profiles, you'll see they have a very diverse background. Hope this helps some..

Mar 28, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

plus you get sergio palleroni.... one of the best educators in the country.

Mar 29, 06 8:57 am  · 
 · 
standardsofa
http://www.inhabitat.com/entry_670.php

Professor Palleroni and the UT Sustainable Design and Development Workshop will be showcased next year as part of a 6-part series on PBS called �Architecture=e2,� to be broadcast for Earth-Day. The segment, which will be entitled, �Design Like You Give a Damn,� will center on Palleroni�s work to provide assistance in areas hit by disaster, which seems particularly appropriate given recent global events. Currently, Palleroni is working with a student team to produce 19,000 homes for single mothers in rural Yaqui, Mexico.

Mar 29, 06 11:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: