Archinect
anchor

heeelp

sheri25

Can someone help me to underestand what laylights are, I looked it up, but still dont get it.

Mar 26, 06 7:41 pm
Janosh

Laylights? Never heard of them. Lay-in lights maybe? Like 2x4 fluorescents designed to drop into an t-bar acoustical ceiling grid?

Mar 26, 06 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
sheri25

it says they achieve controlled daylighting through layered system of translucent laylights

Mar 26, 06 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Kalwall?

Mar 26, 06 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
archinaut

laylight = a glass window that diffuses light from above (i think that the light source is usually artificial, otherwise, sounds like a skylight)

Mar 26, 06 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
sheri25

KALWALL, that was exactly what I was looking for
Thanks guys.

Mar 26, 06 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Really? That was easy.

Seriously, if you are going to use Kalwall in your design, please please please do something innovative and doesn't look like it was built in the 80's.

Please.

Mar 26, 06 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
sheri25

I found it. for those who dont know, this is what it is

a laylight is any diffuser of light under a skylight (to soften the incoming light). Because it is a different, interior, structure than the skylight, sometimes light bulbs are built into it (in the day, the skylight brings light in; at night, the bulbs take over).

Mar 27, 06 12:55 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Mar 27, 06 4:39 am  · 
 · 
job job

that is one HELL of an awesome smoking jacket. what's he reading? Koran? Lane Tech prospectus?

Mar 27, 06 9:15 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

AA prospectus.

Mar 28, 06 1:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: