Archinect
anchor

Mini-Ipod_any comments?

Gotan

Is it a must-buy or not?

Jul 5, 04 11:16 am
DelGaudio

My friends who have them love them. I'd run out of space pretty quickly though. I use my larger iPod as a hard drive to do routine backups of critical information. Personally I think if your going to fork out the cash then why not get somthing a little more expensive but alot more versitile.

Jul 5, 04 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Josh Russell

same price for a 4 gig as a 15 gig.
do you really need that different color?
and it's really not that much smaller.
AND....the battery life issue is still there in the minis.

check out www.epinions.com or www.amazon.com for reviews.

Jul 5, 04 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
Black-Silk-XXL-Undies!

Same price, lampbase2?
Incorrect.
The ipod 15GB is still $299.
The mini-ipod 4gb is $249.

Why even write that?

Jul 5, 04 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
tman

my gf got one and everyone else that i know that owns one hasnt made any complaints. I have a creative nomad mp3 player and it's been pissing me off. Stick to ipod, seems to work well

Jul 5, 04 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Russell

black silk undies...my mistake. (although if you look around you can find deals)

for $50 you get 11 more gigs. which one is the better deal?? i own an i-pod. i love it. the battery life sucks though. and i don't see the justification in paying that much for something that isn't that much smaller in physical size.

just my 2 cents.

Jul 5, 04 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
ovalle

ipod mini is $229 with university I.D.

Jul 5, 04 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
gasp

I have an ipod and would never consider going mini if I had to choose all over again. We are in a profession where hard drive space is valuable.

now if I were a 17 year old all over again, I think I'd go pink.

Jul 6, 04 7:02 am  · 
 · 
ovalle

I would never trust a hard drive that requires an internal battery.

Jul 6, 04 8:40 am  · 
 · 
crillywazzy

hey ipoders:

how much do you hate the whole "organised by database/id3 tags, not by directories" thing?

i just found out about this and it's a bit of a concern to me. i don't always have nor want to have id3 tags for everything. esp. don't wanna have to import them just to play them on my mp3 player.

sounds irritating. is it or is it not a big deal?

Jul 6, 04 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

tman,

Which Nomad do you have? I have a Zen Xtra 30GB I bought in December that lasted a little over three months before the headphone jack came apart.
From reading on Amazon's review list of that particular player, it's happened to many people. Creative only give a 90 day Warranty, and the player craps out just a little after the warranty expires.
Then, they charge you around $100 to repair it or send you a new one.
I took mine apart myself to see if I could fix it. Didn't work, and then I thought I'd get the jack soldered, but I stripped one of the screws that holds it together. :(

So now it's just a paperweight. I really liked it and liked the GUI better than an ipod. $275 and it's useless until I do something else.

Thought about using it as storage for all my mp3s and keep them off my hard drive, and buying an ipod. Just hate spending more money.

Jul 6, 04 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I would spend the xtra $50 and get the 15g ipod. With itunes on your computer, I suppose you could place as much music as your hard drive will hold on your machine, and then rotate 4g worth of songs onto the mini depending on what kind of music you want to listen to.

Jul 6, 04 7:55 pm  · 
 · 

is the mini good for running? DOes it skip? Is it moisture resistant? these were my concerns....

Jul 6, 04 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mini has the arm band for running; I dont know if there is an arm band for the big one or not. The I-pods dont skip (im sure someone will post otherwise).

Jul 6, 04 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

i would spend $50 extra for ipod as well

Jul 7, 04 5:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: